What the fuck why didn't I listen to this sooner. All these years I could have been chilling to this album, fuck

What the fuck why didn't I listen to this sooner. All these years I could have been chilling to this album, fuck

bettr l8 then nvr am i rite xD

Legit jamming this right now. Open the Light just started. Like nothing in my collection even comes the slightest BIT close to touching this record.

>The fucking end of Olson
>THE FUCKING END OF OLSON

this is me with Seefeel - Quique right now

>The way the notes on Open the Light circle your head during the bass parts

One Very Important Thought is SUCH an underrated track, holy fuck.

incoming DUDE

I don't really smoke much but this was the first album I ever got high to. and I got really high. I was in a heavily wooded area in the middle of summer, completely alone. probably the best experience I've ever had listening to music. the entire album sounded completely different to how it normally sounds tho

DUDE over, continue with your day

Goddamn the only way I know about boards of canada is through aphex twin, is this album really that good?

I put aphex twin and BOC at the same caliber, but it's a lot different

Your shilling worked, I'm listening to it now.

Better be good.

Am I being trolled here or has neo-Sup Forums seriously not heard fucking MHTRTC?

It's one of the most basic essentials, I can't believe I'm even having discussions with people who don't at least know fucking boc

It could be the case where something is mention so much to the point where people forget to talk about it because its been recommend to death that everyone assumes that you must of the know about it.

Sorry man

"No, not really. I like to think of the music as being the drug. People shouldn't have to take drugs to enjoy music." -Mike Sandison, Boards of Canada

>When the beat kicks in on An Eagle In Your Mind

its a valid point but since all drugs do is fuck with chemicals/receptors in your brain, its technically no different than listening to music while exercising, eating, feeling fearful or having feelings of sexual attraction which are all things that most humans do normally.

This album has a weird af effect on me, like it activates feelings of when I was a child.

Music Has The Right To Children > Aphex Twin > BoC

Yes it is that good

This is probably among their worst releases just saying

Hi guys I love BoC too

you faggots would have been laughed off this board in 2009

spotted the insecure hipster elitists.

Welcome to the new Sup Forums where there is no barrier of entry and literally anyone can come and shitpost. It's too bad music isn't as esoteric of an interest as /lit/ where you have to put in hundreds of hours of reading to begin discussing with them. These people probably don't even listen to music for three hours a day. They probably play video games or browse Sup Forums while listening to music. There really is a case to be made for elitism and how it positively effects the quality of the board by keeping people who don't care as much about music out.

Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Orange

>being this autistic
>actively wanting to shut people down instead of turning them on to new music
>muh secret club

who fucking cares dude, nobody is impressed that you listen to more music than everybody else.

Proving my point. It's annoying as fuck that I love something and invest so much time in to it and have the opportunity to share that love with like-minded people on a board that's supposed to be for these fans of music, but instead of actual discussion we just get people like you coming in and saying "wow you actually put that much time into this are you autistic". It's the equivalent of someone who likes the Facebook page "I Fucking Love Science" going and trying to talk to physicists about how cool Carl Sagan is and then getting mad when they shut him down.

i sincerely hope you are trolling

>getting this angry about other people wanting to share your hobby

Please, continue

desu i agree with hi bwtween this and all the pol threads.. Sup Forums sucks

Do you think Sup Forums is a high quality board? If you don't think it's getting worse because of the influx of "poptimisim", off topic posting, and a decreasing interest in esoteric forms of music then enjoy your shithole I guess.

Oh trust me you'll go bored of this group soon enough.

if it hasnt said already, you should really check out Aphex Twin, you will like it.

>Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Autechre, the list goes on...

you were your mother's worst release just saying

>these fucking posts
Did you come straight out of reddit?

>defending a dull meme release

He was right user

It's just kids finding BoC for the first time. Let them have their fun you grumpy old man.

he got you dude

This is now a BoC thread. It's time to be a kid today. All poster are required to check in at the palace posy. Please put on your chromakey dreamcoat and converge on the beach at redpoint.

No that user was also right

Ya done fucked up son.... Nah, you're alright.

I too discovered this album around the time I started smoking weed. I had gotten really into psychedelia (go figure - although I distinctly remember acquiring a taste for psych before ever smoking pot, probably because of prog and mainstream psych like beatles, hendrix, etc.) and BoC (particularly this album, along with Black Moth Super Rainbow) was a nice bridge between that and newer electronic music, which was uncharted territory for me.

Right on DUDE, I listened to this album the first and only time I tripped on acid. I think it was imprinted in my subconscious - after 4 years tracks like Telephasic Workshop still have a hazy yet distinct afterglow to them, which only compliments the mystique.

Also, that sounds like a profound experience. Being alone in nature is one of the most transcendent activities I know of.

Have you heard Geogaddi?

kek

terrible... just... terrible

Can you give me more electronic artists please?

I really like Selected Ambient Works 85-92, Come To Daddy, Druqks, MHTRTC, Untrue, Replica & Geogadi

I've listened to a lot more than those albums but those are the ones I keep coming back to

literally Sup Forums - the post

Your first day here?
This place is just a subreddit fellow ledditor :^)

This. If you want more casual discussion go to Reddit. I'm not saying this in a condescending way, Reddit is a fantastic platform with loads of quality discussion, and they tend to cover the more popular stuff while keeping an eye on more slightly obscure stuff. Sup Forums is autistic and ellitist, and it's supposed to be that way.

You know there is other sites, right?

YEAH THATS RIGHT

Yes, so why don't you guys go to those other sites and let us be autistic and elitist by ourselves.

>Goes to a bar.
>Complains that it isn't a coffeehouse
You have to go.