PEOPLE ONLY LIKE THIS HORSESHIT BECAUSE HE DIED

PEOPLE ONLY LIKE THIS HORSESHIT BECAUSE HE DIED

There, I said it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_UHZ_62GCI
youtube.com/watch?v=3BE95qqkTc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked it before he died and had listened to it a few times before the news broke. In fact the night the news broke I was excited and was looking forward to what he would do for his next album.

girl love my cock lol

OP here.

This is the proof:
Notice how 9,000+ people rated Blackstar, but not even 100 rated Lazarus.
That's nearly 9,000 bandwagoner plebs who didn't know Bowie existed before he died (same with Prince), and under 100 real fans.

Blackstar sucks and Bowie didn't do anything worthwhile after 1.Outside.

It's like a more cohesive Bish Bosch, that's why I like it.

It was getting a lot of positive reception before his death.
>Bowie didn't do anything worthwhile after 1.Outside.
Heathen is one of his best, imo.

Well his illness and death are pretty much the album's concept so it would be hard to appreciate it without taking his fate into account, plus it's good on its own so fuck off.

t. embryo

>Well his illness and death are pretty much the album's concept so it would be hard to appreciate it without taking his fate into account, plus it's good on its own so fuck off.
He literally didn't know he was dying when he made the album. It was in the news today or yesterday; he only found out his cancer was terminal after the album was completed.

You're wrong.

All the press reviews came out for it months/weeks before it was out, nearly all 5/5

When it leaked early on here people were loving it.

With the Lazarus soundtrack they did a poor job of advertising the fact there were unreleased Blackstar songs on it, I've seen some Bowie fans say they didn't even know about them, that's presumably why they released the No Plan EP today.

i think some plebs loved this even before he died

He knew he had cancer though, so undoubtedly the possibility of dying was on his mind.

The Blackstar and Lazarus music videos had millions of youtube views before the album even came out.

He didn't know exactly how long he'd live, but he knew he had cancer and there's not exactly a cure for that...

He didn't know for sure it was terminal, but he could tell he didn't have long left, in the documentary (what the news articles were about) Renck says Bowie told him like 8 months before he knew it was terminal he was probably going to die.

When most people get cancer the first thing on their mind is "holy fuck Im gonna die", it's not hard to imagine Bowie having a similar reaction.

After listening to most of his work, I must admit I was never really a big fan of this album before or after he died. I actually really enjoy the second half of blackstar and lazarus in entirety either way, but the rest is poor.

Its okay, nothing special, his best work was TMWSTW imo based mainly on Saviour Machine in it's glory.

Happy birthday Bowie, and this album!!!

>didn't even know that bowie's album was out until he died
>mfw i cannot like it because someone on Sup Forums said everyone that likes it just liked it because bowie died

It's funny i liked it before he died, and then started to enjoy it less and less after he died

calm the fuck down

nice original thought you've got there. you're critical thinking skills are nearly as acute as your music taste.

kudos my friend

maybe people would like you if you died

>cast recording
Huh maybe it's because most of the tracks on it weren't even performed by Bowie

It was popular before he died, just became more popular with the casual fans after.

Kind of annoying how he's talked about nonstop since his death, but I was a fan before so not going to change. Although I'm not that big on Blackstar, i'd rather listen to his classic stuff.

Blackstar isn't one of his albums that I listen to a lot, but I still love it for what it is. I'll occasionally listen to it and it still feels like a powerful album.

I'm willing to admit I'm biased slightly as a Bowie fanatic but I have never been an apologist for his last three decades of work and never bought into hype about new releases. Heathen was pleasantly not awful and I thought the hype around The Next Day was undeserved and that the album was extremely mediocre.
That said, I thought Blackstar sounded great when the vid got released and I decided to check the album as soon as it came out and after listening once I was amazed. I listened three times in one night, and while talking to a friend I said it was his best since Scary Monsters and I was finally excited about Bowie's music again.
Two days later he died.

And I'm willing to agree with you, OP, that most of its fans are people who probably wouldn't have cared if he hadn't. I immediately got annoyed knowing that as a legitimate fan I'd be lost in a sea of bandwagoners.
But the album's amazing, and I love it and I listen to it often and I know that at least for me that would have been the case if he lived another thirty years. I'm sure I'm not alone.
This is the sort of thing he should have been doing ever since he dropped the eighties pop bullshit. His attempts at alt-rock were far more miss than hit and his late career was embarrassingly mundane in light of his former daring nature. This is what late era Bowie always should have been and it's a shame he passed right after finally returning to form.

Actually like a week before he died the music videos came out and no one knew he was dying so everyone thought it was bowie just being bowie, the music is actually really good, i think dying gave him a creative kick in the ass to write one last master piece, the whole album is tied in with everything he ever did, the occult, ziggy stardust, space, dying, the album is a death album, a concept album about literally dying, when i actually found out he died, the whole thing came together, like holy shit, bowie, i didnt even knew you still had it in you.
There's so much hidden stuff in the music videos, even in the album art, the stars spell out bowie. people were looking at clues weeks after he died.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_UHZ_62GCI

I feel people are going to get burned out on his early stuff and come to appreciate later bowie eventually.
Outside and heathen are underrates as fuck.
I like bowie, but he did have some misses some times, his whole career isnt perfect but he did make lots of great stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=3BE95qqkTc0

Way to be a triggered imp shitting up a terrible board.

It sounded unmastered to my ear.

OP, you do realize how stupid you are making yourself look, right? This is like saying people only liked Carrie & Lowell because Carrie died. Umm, fucking yeah. Of course the music is good but that detail is integral to the music and lyrics. Bowie's health and subsequent death is integral to the album's concept. You obviously can't see that otherwise you wouldn't have made this juvenile post. Turn off your computer and sit in the dark of your room for 10 minutes and just think for a while before going to bed. You need to practice internalization otherwise you will go nowhere in this world.