Sex Pistoles

Is this really the 2nd most influential Pop Album ever released

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KZazEM8cgt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They suck really bad. The only thing they contributed to punk was the image/attitude. Their music was god-awful, and the Ramones are better in almost every way.

I wouldn't even call that a pop album.

And no.

This. The Ramones even had a cooler image.

Ripped jeans, T-shirts, and jackets > saftey pins, spikes, and piercings

This

It contains 2 of the best/most innovative pop songs of all time. I'd say fair enough

It's one of the most corporate/manufactured punk albums of all time. They didn't even form naturally. They were "found" and assembled by somebody. Its definitely a pop record.

Let me guess, God Save The Queen, and Holidays In The Sun? Or is it GSTQ, and Anarchy In The UK?

The first is Taylor Swift's 1989, right?

The second

I don't think a corporate band would go down in flames with one of their band members killing his girlfriend and dying of a heroine over dose.

Plenty of corporate artists lose their minds, or overdose and die young.

Mate, how did you spell Pistols wrong? It's right there on the album cover.

> band is manufactured to be edgy
> band becomes edgy
> edginess exceeded expectations
> the world never be the same

I have no problem with that.

Is this the only time this has happened?

Also, while they were manufactured, they were manufactured by outsiders.

Influencial? Maybe, see the thing is that sex pistols really brought punk to a forefront in the states. Are they good? No. Are the influencial? From a historical standpoint, yes. You'd have to understand how the music industry in the states was very much "anything goes" at the time, and the imagery meant more to the younger generation than the quality of the music.

you're retarded

>You'd have to understand how the music industry in the states was very much "anything goes" at the time, and the imagery meant more to the younger generation than the quality of the music.
The mentality of "anything goes" existed in the 60s too, but the quality of music was much better and the music recorded at that time was experimental and it often lacked commercial potential and more importantly, not all music wasn't made to be commercially successful.
youtu.be/KZazEM8cgt0

I would say the second most influential punk album, sure. Pop? I don't know there's a lot of shit wayyyy more influential.

Sex Pistols are getting a lot of shit ITT though, am I an uber pleb if I actually kinda like this album?

Definitely a stylistic attachment more than the music. Anybody who says "I love sex pistols for their music" is either tone-deaf or sarcastic.

I mean, Sid didn't even play on the album and didn't play live very often. Not to mention that many punk bands were playing out of tune instruments.

From an exclusively musical point of view I would say so. Plenty of people enjoy sex pistols though, so you're definitely not alone in that.

How is that image cool to anyone over 15?

Seeing how many pop threads there are, I doubt that many people posting here are much older than that.