Help me Sup Forums

Help me Sup Forums

Next week I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed and I have to go through anesthesia, just the thought of it makes me so nervous. Anyone have experiences or advice to share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-bvY5xhrqI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Going through the same as you. Friends told me it'll hurt for the next few weeks and you won't be able to eat anything besides soup.

It's gonna be okay don't worry ;)

The removal will benpainless if they magically dont fuck yp with drugs, be ready to bite your fucking inner cheek off due to the anesthetics.

Everyone reacts differently. I felt no pain or discomfort. Barely swelled up. Good luck bro

>picture of aftermath of wisdom removal

Prepare for 6 days of pain!
Hope you get some pills!

the worst is after you come down from the anesthesia. but just take your pain pills and nap as often
as you can to avoid the pain.

Is the aftermath pain really that bad? Is it just soreness or is it like sharp pain in your mouth for days?

You will literally not feel the IV go into your arm and you won't even know you've had them removed. You'll have your eyes close for what you think is purely a few minutes and when you open them again, it'll be done. Whether it's sore or not and for how long depends entirely on the individual.

anesthesia's nothing to worry about. nothing 'hits you'. you just fall asleep. then you'll wake up.

and you won't be in pain. swollen, sure. maybe a little pain. but you'll heal so fast, and the medication will help.

you'll be fine OP, I worry about EVERYTHING - and this is no biggie.

The soreness fucking blows bro. Stay pulled up constantly to avoid feeling too much. The week I had them removed was pretty much a blur as I was drugged up the entire time.

Overall it isn't too bad.

You'll wake up, shit will hurt, but won't be too bad until about 1-2 hours. You'll most likely go home and puke/cry.

Pain gets better within 2-3 days. You'll be able to eat again after about 8-12 weeks.

For real man, I have anxiety over altered mind states. I got all 4 out at once, the drugs felt awesome then I blanked and woke up. No memory at all.

Got some steroids and local, then just 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen every 4 hous for a couple weeks. MiniMal pain. You'll be fine, even if it's shit you'll be fine

I meant it was really no bother BTW

Don't be worried at all I've had it done before it's the same as just being asleep and then waking up extremely fucked up.
They put you in a twilight but you are basically asleep.

Shit. I'm getting mine out tomorrow. This thread is not helping. Plus, best part is that tomorrow's my birthday.

Don't be nervous.

Had my wisdom teeth, 3 of,taken out in an army camp in Townsville. Then had a week of work, taking LSD and Exctasy at my brothers resturaunt in the rainforest, Paluma.

Just eat fish and soup. If you are an Alcoholic like me, dont drink coke and Jim beam, drink Vodka lime and soda.

Coke disolves the magic disolvable stitches.

I got put right under because i had some mad fucked up roots that were acting like fish hooks, so they had to fuck my shit up real bad to get them out, woke up with a sore nose.

As it turns out the gas used to keep you under obviously cant go through your mouth, so tube up your nose, hurt like fuck for 2 days.

Mouth was okay for 2 days because of this gel shit they packed into the holes to help pain for 48 hours, then after that it sucked dick for 2 weeks.

Not sharp pain, just throbbing pain, managed by codeine and some muscle relaxant stuff I cant remember the name of.

Cant move mouth fuck all, I lived on custard and yogurt for the entire time, which gave me the shits.

This also happened to be the first time I had ever rode a dirt bike up an increadibly dangerous 24 kilometre winding mountain range naked.

>True story.

I had severe pain coming from all of my wisdom teeth and it was god awful. I set up an appointment and got them removed with anesthesia, same boat as you. They told me to count down from ten and by the time I got to like, seven I was asleep. Woke up and went home.

The surgery is nothing. The aftermath isn't much. Just pain and you're only allowed to eat certain things. Pudding, yogurt an milkshakes is what I had for the first couple of days. Lucky me though, when my mouth started to hurt, I dabbed on this brown liquid with a q tip and it number my mouth. That's not needed though, I was just being a pussy. It's nothing OP, you'll be fine.

Numbed*
Sorry, on mobile.

Yeah, my mom underwent unnescesary heart surgery in order to correct a nervous condition (which subsequently returned) and the anestegiologist couldn't speak a work of english.

He pantamimed knocking her on the head with a mallet and when she came out of surgery she was in a coma for 12 hours with very little brain activity.

Later i asked one of the nurses and she gave me the impression that she had gone into defib due to the anasthesiologist forgetting to turn the oxygen on after releasing the anasthesia.

Have Fun at the Dentist OP!

Oh, relax, she's fine. She still has heart palpatations due to hypertension but thats only because she suppresses her anger every time my stepfather goes on a drinking binge.

Full anesthesia for wisom teeth??

I got local anesthetic when mine were removed; It's not that bad, just a bit unpleasent when the teeth are pushed out.

The worst part is the days after as your mouth will be swollen and you'll swallow quite some blood.

You know, alot of people say that being anesthetized is like falling asleep and waking back up. I beg to differ and offer a slightly different experience from hernia surgery. Its more like when they anesthetize you, you fall into oblivion and when theyre done with you, oblivion simply spits you out on the other side. All in all a literally senseless and pleasant experience. I cannot say much about after having wisdom teeth pulled tho...I am lucky enough to have mine in straight.

cancel the operation. dentist are just making money out of unnessciary surgery

Fuc it then dude, just go without and get a local anesthetic, it's going to suck and you're gonna wish you were asleep.
I did mine awake only because the office i went to didnt believe in putting people under. Scariest part was when the doc stuggled on my lower two and even slipped in my mouth with his tools.
>protip: don't swallow the bonedust/water mixture, i know it will be hard because of instinct, just dont

I had a panic attack before they stuck me so they gave me laughing gas.
10/10 would do again

That look of worry on the administering person's face is priceless.
>fuck gotta remove the need and arm clamp before she falls over.

I had mine pulled with only local anaesthetic. Was over in a few minutes and the painkillers masked anything else. Didn't even need to avoid solid foods for more than a day or two.

8/10, would do again.

Do not smoke, and try your best to avoid dry root, the pain is 10fold

Eat a big bowl of bolognese, it'll sooth your mind.

It's nothing. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed at once, the doc gave me the needle and said count backwards from 20. Got about half way there, I vaguely remember waking up during the surgery with a huge pair of pliers in my mouth and blood everywhere, then tripped balls in my mates car on the way home. You won't know what the fuck is happening no stress.

Also
DO NOT EAT ANYTHING DOUGHY OR CRUNCHY OR ANYTHING HARD.
I popped one of my stitches eatig a garlic knot and had like three gallons of blood to spit out

would be happy if they removed mine under anesthesia. of course after the surgery it will hurt the next week but at least you dont get the "whole experience"

Quit your fucking bellyaching and get it done. I had 4 extra teeth when I was a kid.

Regardless grow the fuck up kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=c-bvY5xhrqI

Got mine removed, went to work the next day. The blood soaked tissues (more like bandages) were annoying to have to change out but otherwise I didn't need any pain killers. The pain really isn't bad, just ignore it.

I went for a colonoscopy a short while back, they shoot a IV drip into your arm and the anesthesia through that, then they tell you that it should kick in soon, and that's about all I remember before blacking out.

Prepare for one of the nicest sleeps of your life, felt great afterwards.

Protip: Ask for 10mg valium to take an hour before showing up to the office. Really takes the edge off.

I had 3 taken out at the same time and had 10mg valium, lidocaine, nitrous oxide and NSAIDS immediately afterwards. The gas is given through a cannula on your nose and you can control the dose by choosing to breathe through your nose or not.

I was anxious about fucking with my consciousness, but with this method I felt no pain or anxiety. Whole thing was a breeze. Yogurt and soup afterwards, no sucking through a straw or smoking. Good luck OP

Didnt hurt at all for me you will be fine they gave me xanax did any one here get xanax?

mine had a halloween candy basket full of individual valium doses. Everyone gets one as they head out the door to take before the appointment.

Just ask for local anesthetic. It won't hurt

i had all four removed at the same time (government insurance shit) and it all went fine. Got it removed saturday morning and came to school on tuesday with slightly visible swollen cheeks. The first and second day was the worst, pain was intense. Remember to not drink using straws, the sucking motion can remove the blood clots.By the third/fourth day you should be feeling much better.

I woke up with a tube in my knob and a complication with one of the teeth being removed resulting in me loosing feeling in half my face.

dude just get some amazing codeine pain killers youll be high as a FUCKING KITE!!

local anaesthesia or sleep? I had mine removed under local anaesthesia and it was okay. It took 40 minutes of operation including a small break b/c I have problems with blood circulation when thinking about the operation.

I have heard some bad stories about full anaesthesia and I avoid it whenever possible.

good luck user and stockpile some painkillers, soup and tea (tea helps keeping the wounds clean, camomile tea or similar). maybe some blood will run under your skin and make your face blue/yellow. full recovery (open the mouth all the way and brushing teeth without second thought) took about 4 - 6 weeks.

True shit right here take notes

sorry guys but around 90% of people having anesthesia never wake up :(

if they are 90 yrs old and the anesthetist comes from like ugandha or something.