Which one, Sup Forums?

Which one, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsDKzTNhKY
youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE
youtube.com/watch?v=NFiA7w1NtPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deathtallica

Megadeth, then Metallica, then that Anthrax song Got The Time but none of their others songs, then Slayer

Megadork
Gayer

Based only on the musical chops of the band, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer in that order.

Metallica. because I'm not a contrarian dick
>Megadeth is okay though

whichever released the least amount of music

Megadeth, because in terms of consistency they're by far the best

And the pinnacle of thrash albums are Peace Sells & Rust in Peace

Slayer>Metallica>Megadeth>Anthrax;anybody who says different is just trying to be special.

Megadeth released the most shit-tier albums out of the four.

lmao

Anthrax

Pantera

Metallica had 4 bad albums. Megadeth has like 10?

This. Megadeth would be the best if they had a better vocalist though.

uh-huh, stan :^)

>people complain about Mustaine's vocals when James Hetfield sounds like a dying 80 year old on Death Magnetic

Weird al

lol nice fonts haha

>Hetfield sounds like a dying 80 year old on one record
>Mustaine sounds like a dying 80 year old on every record
The stuff Metallica did before the shit era is enough on it's own to cement them at the top of the big 4.

>Mustaine sounds like a dying 80 year old on every record

Actually he sounds like his puberty stopped at 14.

Slayer > Metallica > Anthrax > Megadeth

Slayer>Megadeth>Metallica>Anthrax

None of them has done anything particularly good or interesting in the last 20-25 years, btw.

I guess Megadeth > Slayer >> Metallica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anthrax

megadeth (RIP & PS) >= metallica (first 4 albums)

----------huge gap------------
Slayer > Anthrax

None of those bands are particularly great but I gotta go with Metallica. I can definitely understand someone picking Megadeth though. If you say Anthrax you should probably kill yourself

Anthrax > Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica
Among the Living was better than Master of Puppets. Fight me.

What about real metal, like KISS?

Nirvana

Kreator

KISS>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other metal

Kiss are hard rock, not metal.

People tend to say that about a lot of bands that were early heavy metal.

Keep in mind Judas Priest started off with Sad Wings and Rocka Rolla, but they went on to create Ram it Down and Painkiller, two of the heaviest albums I've heard.
Kiss have always been semi-heavy drunk-mom rock, not an ounce of true metal in their career.

Hard rock is based on the blues scale, it usually stays in 4/4 time and it deals with realistic topics like sex. Metal tends to be based on scales borrowed from classical music and can use widely variable time signatures, also it has more in the way of sci-fi and fantasy subjects.

>Kiss have always been semi-heavy drunk-mom rock, not an ounce of true metal in their career

Definitely. They were far too limited musically for metal. Ace Frehley was a competent enough guitarist, but no shredder by any stretch and Paul Stanley was strictly a chord guy--Kiss songs rarely had riffs in them. Peter Criss would have been laughed out of a metal band with those skills.

>Implying god of thunder isn't the most metal song ever recorded.

SEPULTURA

Some later Kiss songs like War Machine are metal, but the classic era albums are just rock.

Did somebody on mu just agree with me? 2017's actually off to a decent start
you and I are thinking of two different metals, mate.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsDKzTNhKY
*see also: most metal song ever recorded*

Vektor

Iron Maiden

Nails

Swans

Opeth

Converge

I love War Machine incidentally, one of their best songs ever, especially being that it wasn't from the classic era.

I would say stuff like Black Diamond at least comes pretty close.

this thread smells like this fat man finger up his but

Slaytallica

Megathrax

metallica > megadeth > slayer > anthrax

>none of their other songs
What a fucking retard.

Anthrax because they just made fun, silly songs and didn't try to be all pretentious and butthurt about the arms race and capital punishment and shit like that.

MEDUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Joey Belladonna and Scott Ian are bros, they have an awesome sense of humor and aren't stuck up douchenozzles like the other Big 4 thrash guys.

Megathratallicayer

All of them had good albums even great ones, but megadeth, anthrax and slayer just can't top the first 4 metallica albums, they're on a whole different level

>So Far So Good So What?
>Rust In Peace
>Peace Sells
>Hell Awaits
>Show No Mercy
>Reign In Blood
>Spreading The Disease
>Among The Living
>"Metallica's on a whole different level!"

yes, all great albums but KEA, RTL, MOP and AJFA are better

RTL is their best album, but latter two don't compare to it. They're great albums, but Slayer and 'Deth had much better earlier outputs.

Pantera is groove metal.

slayer can be good sometimes but the others suck

>And the pinnacle of thrash albums are Peace Sells & Rust in Peace
i can tell you have listened to less than 5 thrash albums in your whole life

For me personally, I think Ride The Lightning is the best output out of any of the bands, so I guess Metallica wins by default? I dunno. Slayer was the band that converted me from Nu Metal so I think they'll always be significant and important to me. I love Rust in Peace, great album. Never liked Anthrax.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE

I should also mention that my two outright favourite thrash metal albums are Coroner's No More Color, and Heathen's Victims of Deception. Also Mega Therion if you count that.

It's alright I guess. I'm just not into thrash that much, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFiA7w1NtPg

...And Justice for All is like half a great album and half meh. Bit of a shame because One is in the top handful of their songs.

Metallica never wrote a bad song before the black album

This. Though even the black album did a lot for metal in the long run. Started giving it actual credibility and led a lot of people into liking metal so they could go back and give the earlier, good albums, a fair chance. A lot of younger metal fans may have never gotten into thrash if they didn't have a gateway album like that to ease them into it.

Anthrax duh

Dj Sienfield

Megaslayallicathrax

For real though, Metallica. Best songwriting ability by a landslide. If Metallica only released Load and Reload they would still probably be better than the entire discography of all 4 of the other bands combined.

>Anthrax because they just made fun, silly songs and didn't try to be all pretentious and butthurt about the arms race and capital punishment and shit like that.

This. They had fun with their songs

incorrect

they got all pretentious and butthurt about racism

how do you not know that

as a kid i would choose Megadeth
Metallica is more like dad choice, cuz "variety" and muh bluesy phase

I'm 25 and I pick Slayer

>he has never heard State of Euphoria or Persistence of Time

Megadeth because the guitar on RIP is fantastic.

Slayer

>musical chops
holy shit dude

etc. etc.

cry for the indians? hellooo?

they're called riffs dumbass

This

also slayers best album is either show no mercy or hell awaits

rust in peace is one of the best metal albums
and justice for all is so fucking tight
seasons in the abyss is so good
anthrax...who the fuck cares?

>can't play in time
>best of the 4
holy shit dude

Cause racism SUCKS

I still felt like their songs were more fun than the other bands

Literally anyone who says Slayer is objectively wrong and is worshiping a band who has recording exactly zero good songs since 1990.

Metallica in their prime were the best live band of the Big 4, none of the others can touch Live in Seattle '89, which is probably one of the best concerts in rock history.

there's really nothing wrong with racist people if you think about it

racist systems however have no place in a free and fair society

>Live in Seattle '89
christ just make an rpg and get it over with

Kreator

fuck that, racist people can go impale themselves on a cathedral spire.

As if racist people with power will ever let racist systems fall

I did. And that's how I know I'm right. It didn't matter that I'm extremely racist because I managed the system correctly and fairly. It was hilarious how all of my "progressive" coworkers were ironically more unfair to the people they tolerated yet I despised. So I took their power away and replaced every single system that allowed them to do it.

If you go around hoping someone isn't the next Hitler then you're always opening yourself up to risk. Instead the right system needs to be in place so it doesn't matter if Hitler's at the controls.

And we shall see what happens momentarily.

THIS

1° Slayer, cause "muh chilean singah"
2° Anthrax.
3° Metallica = Megadeth.

>most """""brutal""""" metal band ever
>fans literally carve their name into their flesh and light it on fire
>singer has never been in a mosh pit
>pulls out of shows because of an earache
kek. Gayer is tied with Anthrax for the shittest of them all.
All meaning thrash bands, not just the big 4.