Has anybody at any time in their lives suffered from sleep paralysis...

Has anybody at any time in their lives suffered from sleep paralysis? I am super curious about and what effects it can have on different people.

Can anybody induce it on themselves or is this just completely natural?

Please share your stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i do, im usually fully concious when it happens, its kind of interesting.
I'm usually able to gain full control after a few seconds of hard concentrating, usually on breathing. i try to breath in as hard as i can

Loads

>dreaming probably
>"wake up"
>see a bunch of silhouettes arching over me
>eyes glowing
>edges are shaking
>scared as shit
>realize its sleep paralysis
>wait like 10 seconds til its gone

What happens when you are going through one? Do you see weird shit or does your body just shut down?

Can you control it, ie make it last longer? Is it always the same hallucinations you see every time?

I've had it happen a few times. Nothing really that interesting, just laying in bed trying to fall asleep and realize you can't move for a few seconds.

I'm sure some are more predisposed to having it. I used to have night terrors once in awhile when I was a kid. Would wake up in middle of the night and think there were spiders or a person in the room and freak the fuck out

little of both
my conscious mind is a motherfucker, hard to shut down

Like wise, do you always have the same hallucinations or does it vary?

Frequently happens to me, worst when i get stuck between dreamong because theyre so vivid such as seeing and feeling spiders writhing inside ur body. Best solution if ur stuck is to wriggle toes as much as u can because toes arent paralysed apparently

i dont hallucinate or any of that gay shit
mostly just concious and either slipping into darkness or a dream or i force myself awake.
its uncomfortable so usually force myself awake
it usually only happens when i lay on my back

Also do you think this technique would actually work to induce sleep paralysis?

Yes, I've had it once. Didn't know what it was until it was over.
You really have to experience it to relate, but it's fairly scary. Heard voices around me but couldn't move.

Usually the same, yeah.

Ive actually controlled it, but i havent really tried. Its some scary shit, yknow, if i want to hallucinate i just do drugs or lucid dream.

I didn't really have it
I could often still move to some extent. But it fucked me up. As a kid I used to have a lot of ear infections that made me hallucinate. But there was one time where I was almost completely I mobile.
>awake staring at my ceiling
>red eyes and shadowy figures in the dark coming from my walls
>dark grey arms come up from my bed
>dig around in my insides
>regain movement
>swat them away
>my stomach was tingling and feeling strange for the rest of the day

No visual hallucinations then? Has it only happen once to you and do you fear that it might happen again to you or are you not scared of it?

Are you scared of it aswell?

ugh, anytime I take a bunch of norcos or oxy I get sleep paralysis... its fuckin horrible. I can't stand it.

>i havent actually controlled it
fix'd, oops

Do you still get them or was it more as a kid you have experienced them?

Had it on and off for last 5 years, prop hundreds of times. Sometimes scary sometimes not so much.

>Little girl with scars all over body screaming and trying to strangle me.
>Shadow people trying to rape my ass
>Bugs crawling all over me.
etc

Just like with drugs shit gets worse if you youre scared and freaking out.
Now I just relax my body and keep my eyes closed. If I focus on relaxing I can usually lucid dream for a while afterwards.

If I dont stay calm I cant lucid dream and just go back to sleep paralysis. Lasts longer if you struggle but just like dreams it probably dosnt really last longer just feels longer.

I want to experience it, what do you take to induce it?

This happened maybe 2 years ago (20 now)
I still sometimes have them but rarely with the hallucinations
Luckily because they can get really realistic and fucked up

Thats the reason why i avoid sleeping face up, to avoid it from happenong

Have you ever thought about recording yourself while you sleep? Would be interesting to know what you look like while going through sleep paralysis.

So when you have sleep paralysis you arent guaranteed to have visions? Sometimes its just a physical restriction on your body?

yeah lying on my back just triggers it.
fuck trying to induce it i hate it.

I woke up facing a wall haha, and nah I think next time I will be able to realise what's happening

Does it happen to you every time you fall asleep on your back then or just occasionally?

I've had a few where im sleeping on my back and feels like something is holding me down. The one i can remember that freaked me the fuck out was when i was laying on my stomach.

>laying on stomach
>zoning in and out of sleep
>fall asleep
>open my eyes because i felt like someone sat on the side of my bed
>i try to move but im stuck
>could only breathe through my right nostril
>i try yelling "mom" cause she was next door
>felt like i was a sheep saying baah
>after a few minutes it went away

Thats the only time i can actually say i was freaked out

I have many times, just had a short dream today.
terrifying shit do not recommend
I have terrible blood flow so my limbs are easily numb when i sleep

You just look like a regular sleeping person. Sometimes you can feel yourself moving but you just think youre moving. Actually just staying still and not saying anything. Had it happen while girlfriend was on her laptop next to me, called for help and clenched her hand really hard but she said I was just sleeping normally.

yes, this works and i also avoid sleeping on my back for this

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE

not sure if a meme or not but uh...thx?

Atleast for me it was, sometimes there were some lights dancing or the world was a different shade of colour but often that was it. Sometimes there were auditive hallucinations but sometimes I couldn't tell the difference between reality and hallucinations

Was it completely out the blue that this happened or was there other factors that may have caused it such as illness or stress?

What happened today? What did you see?

Fuck that haha that would be terrifying. What was your gf reaction? Was she creeped out aswell?

same tbh, and sometimes for me it feels like i'm in a dream at first but then slowly wake up and the dream seems to be irl

i had it just a couple times, once i saw an old man with make up yelling at me, the other time i saw slenderman then heard a voice that said "THINK ABOUT PIZZA" then everything was covered in pizza and i woke up, pretty weird that was lke 2 years ago

Every body that has experienced this in this thread so far was lying on their backs when they experienced it.

What has been the craziest thing that that you have envisioned or heard?

This morning i can't tell half the dream that happened but at some point i was laying in my bed and a person from out the window said "There's a kid on top of you" and as i gained concsiousness a small arm brushed on my side and some photo of an old scary lady flashed.
I immideately neglected it because giving attention or moving just makes it worse

No, she never had it and dosnt really get how its different from normal nightmares.

But atleast for me it goes very hand in hand with general anxiety and things happen if you "anticipate" them. Like i can have a regular lucid dream and think "wow this would be a perfect time for a monster to show up" and bam it turns into a nightmare.

Yeah I could sometimes swear on my life certain stuff happened when it didn't and it was just a dream

the craziest is when i used to share rooms with my bro and thought he was walking around in circles in my room at night and he wanted to go to the bathroom and as he passed by me i planned on spooking him by jumping and yelling BOO but my body froze in numbness and whatever stood next to me leaned in and breathed on my face but i kept my eyes closed and ignored it's (sounded like a snout)

I've been stressing like a motherfucker this past year so that might've had something to do with it.

Dude, so have you ever seen any demon like things then? That would be fucked up

So if you thought of something amazing it could show up aswell not just something terrible?

haha

There's this weird sound like an implosion as your body shuts down so i'm usually able to start realising when it happens and keep my eyes closed so not really but this once i swear there were things running around me and another time i saw a figure wrapped in a blanket just staring out the window but other than that everything was half heard/felt like i could almost see myself from a corner of my room

I usually have them 1 every 6 months or so. You get use to it, sometimes I am paralyzed and see things around me. There is usually pressure in the chest involved, one of my favorites is weightless, looking around, like I am in a ship face down, then see earth, drifting down as I get closer I feel more and more pressure on my chest/gravity (waking up). scariest is the normal demons type objects around my bed, unable to move, feeling like something is on my chest.

I had "the hag" visit me in a dream once.
>be me at work
>sleeping on recliner that's not tilted back or reclined
>pass out with arm between my legs squeezing the blood vessels in my biceps.
>dreaming I'm being seduced by a beautiful blonde woman
>it's face turns into a ghoul.
I woke up jumping up and down because my arm fell asleep to the point of pure pain.

Do you not want to experience it then or is it too creepy?

Any triggers for them or is it random aswell?

The hag?

It was also as if it felt like I was trapped and held down. For obvious reasons

Like for real, if my dick was hard at that point, I'd tell that sexy demon to let me stick my dick in it.

Check out the hag sleep paralysis

take like 2 or 3 norcos before bed.

First time i had sleep paralysis i thought it was my brother holding me for some reason in the bed cause i saw a black shadow. But the second time i was alone in the room so i understood it was a sleep paralysis, for me it always feel like someone is holding you down with hands on your chest and i see someone doing it cause half dreaming.

I know, I want to get the succabus one and then just go to town on her

FUCK nooopppeeee.... How do you sleep at night now?

i do not, i was born with a defect in my heart so my blood flow is terrible and just laying on my arm or leg means it goes numb
I mostly don't want to because every experience of it was absolute shit and the feeling of implosion is a trigger because the first time it happened a very slow but powerfull sound like an earthquake and when it disappeared a girl's voice screamed like fuking murder right in my ears and i've had trouble with vibrations since

It is about every 6 months since I remember, that I would have an episode, and it has been laying on both my back and chest. Most of the time it isnt scary, it feels strangely like freedom. I would say 9 out of 10 times it is the space craft type of being weightless and then feeling gravity increase and feeling sad. My favorite one though is the more lucid one of seeing, most of the time I just feel it.

I used to get sleep paralysis frequently as a kid. Stopped around highschool and then after i started drinking less a few months ago Ive gotten sleep paralysis again pretty often.
Its kind of no big deal. It just takes awhile to pull yourself out of it. The part about it that sucks is what you hear and see during the episode. I usually hear my name being screamed and I see tall dark figures pop around my room gradually getting closer and closer. On several occasions Ive woken up to find a freaky lookin oldlady/goblin thing squattin on my chest staring at me. The visuals I can handle though. Its the screaming that I cant stand.
Dont know if you can induce it. Its really just based off of what stage of sleep you can get to and then simmer on.

It's actually night hag. I like those kinds of dreams. I don't suffer from nightmares. I look forward to them as almost like an perilous adventure. You think that one's bad.

I've had it a few times. The first one is by far the scariest because you don't know such a thing can happen to you. My first one locked my breathing for about 10 seconds, which of course was scary as fuck. I also had the hallucination of an old witch inducing this state on me. Mind you, I had no idea that "Old Hag Syndrome" (this is an alternative name for sleep paralysis) was a thing back then, so it was superscary to read up on testimonies of other people seeing an old hag.

The other times weren't nearly as scary because I've had it before and you can rationalise it by talking to yourself "this is only for a few seconds."

It happens more to people who suffer mental diseases, a group I belong to. Had one in the last half year actually.

All of them happened in times were there was a lot of emotional distress and I wasn't taking care of myself, usually eating too little and being too nervous/stressed out.

I doubt you can induce it yourself though.

relax (easier said then done) close your eyes, wiggle your thumb, then your hand, then try to lift your arm to your chest, by then everything should stop.

Not exactly, it's written by an amateur who confuses sleep paralysis with REM atonia. The method is called WILD and the point is not to stay awake but to fall asleep while retaining some consciousness by using mental anchors. It's, however, not that simple and if you try this, you'll most likely fall asleep normally or not fall asleep at all and get insomnia for a good few hours. Only a few people who are prone to it would stand a chance of experiencing a sleep paralysis using this method and it's not even its goal. Also it's nearly pointless to attempt this right after you get to bed, because quality REM cycles occur after a 4-6 hours of sleep.

One time when i was in my bed with eyes closed i was thinking of "the ring" in the precise moment i pictured in my mind the face of the first girl who gets killed by samara(the kinda wasted face she has when she see her and dies) i heard a loud noise in my head and then i heard the whistle you hear after a strong noise. Also happened in other moments scare related. Did it ever happened to you?

Ill give that a shot.

Does anyone else hear screaming?
Also does anyone else get this while falling asleep?

Got a little story
>Be really tired at work
>start dozing off in my cubicle as I sometimes do
>usually, whenever I hear someone approaching I snap to attention and start clacking keys and pretend I'm doing my job
>this time I'm so exhausted I'm straining to make out sounds and keep imagination from drifting into dream mode
>few minutes of this go by
>suddenly oh fuck oh fuck my supervisor is approaching with some contractors
>try to move
>can't. No control of my muscles, I'm trapped behind my eyes and its scary and somewhat painful
>supervisor is really close now, think he's right behind me
>am witnessing myself be a disappointment but can't do anything about it, panicking inside
>eventually regain control of arms, head still lolling and legs dead
>wipe off drool and type like a retard until I can move again
>turns out supervisor didn't see any of this, but it was still really unpleasant

Happened twice again since, but this was first and worst experience. Other times were in my room, and on the bus to work. Missed about 3 stops and couldn't do shit about it.

When it happens, relax, and enjoy the moment (i know it's weird), it's a key for astral projection, if you remind that during the moment, so you start flying.

I've read that for most people they occur when they are sleeping on their back, however for me it was the other way around.

I have them when I am sleeping on my belly most of the time, but I should also add that I nearly always sleep like this (so the chance of me getting one like this is a lot higher).

They are a lot scarier when you are sleeping on your back though, because the pressure on yoru lungs seems a lot higher, also you have a lot more visibility.

Also, most of the times I had them at the end of my sleep cycle, so in the early morning. Never in the middle of the night.

screaming is the worst
and i get it in the mornings
the "someone walking up to me" also is a thing i experience a lot

>what effects it can have

what is basic psychology

and for the feeling of fuckin>>> succubus or incubus thing, so no flyin in this case, just vampirism.

closest thing to this I have experienced is after getting up to take a piss at night, walking back to my room, there is a shelf by the door, I knew I cut the corner to close and was going to bump into it, i then saw myself like 3 feet away bumping into the shelf, and then I was back in my body. weird as fuck.

You better have those TPS reports done by Friday dammit

Sorry, must have missed the memo. Is it ok if I astral project them to you by Monday?

i always use the paralysis moment to get out of my disgusting flesh.

and also the astral projection can happen automatically just after a lucid dream.
People don't understand yet there is a capital key here for the understanding of spirituality.

The astral projection thing is really just a detached feeling (cause by slower mental state of sleeping) of something your body does all the time. Your brain starts calculating projections of the future a few seconds ahead, but your perception lags behind a little or chooses to display it to you consciously by mistake. It actually is happening all the time, like when you play a shooter game you're familiar with and can predict the movements of the NPCs, or when you're using your phone as a flashlight in the boltbus toilet and realize that if you were to hit a certain type of bump, the phones trajectory would take it straight from the shelf thing into the shithole only to have it happen a moment later.

......THEY'RE NIGGERS

Ye one time
>Laying in bed
>Still felt awake
>Suddenly can't move
>Everything is shades of grey and black
>Can't move
>'Feel' not hear voice in head
>Telling me to go to sleep
>Feel that something bad will happen if I do
>Refuse command to go to sleep
>Car goes past outside
>Wake up/snap out of it
That's it

Just once.
I suddenly fell "asleep" amidst a quickly rising static noise, but I could still see my room. With the static noise as background black eyes like pic related appeared all over the place. It didn't exactly felt overly scared but my pulse went of the charts and I woke up again.
It was actually pretty cool and exciting but I could never duplicate it...

That's the illuminati targeting you, not sleep paralysis

used to have 'exploding head syndrome' before falling asleep when I was little, then shit like this later in the night

Well let's get one thing straight first
sleep paralysis is NOT lucid dreaming and has nothing to do with it.
Because true lucid dreaming is impossible.
You can't be awake "in a dream" because when you're dreaming, your brain is asleep, and when your brain wakes up, you stop dreaming.
one cannot dream and be awake at the same time.
The most that can happen is that you can DREAM you are awake, do mind that still doesn't mean you're awake, you're just dreaming that you are.
Now that we've got that out of the way let's focus on sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis is what happens when your brain "wakes up" but your body is still stuck in rem mode so you can't move, note that I put waking up between " because you're not truly awake yet, if you were, you'd be able to move around.
Your sleep adled brain then starts hallucinating creepy shit, it's not fun, sleep paralysis can be anything from kinda creepy to goddamn teriffying, but it's never a nice experience.
don't try to induce that shit, you won't have a good time.
It's especialy terrifying if you don't know what's happening, once I learned it was just my brain fucking up it became way more bearable, to the point that it's just a sorta annoying thing to wake up to.
Though sometimes legit scary shit makes it through, like the time I hallucinated my own mother trying to kill me while singing a lullaby.
but those times are rare.
Again, you can't "gain controll" of that shit like some people claim, like lucid dreaming, once you become aware of the dream, or hallucination in this case, you wake up completely.
Note that I have slipped back into full rem sleep after waking up to sleep paralysis, and I've actualy once experienced the same hallucination several times in a row, slipping back to sleep each time until I was convinced I was stuck in a dream loop and probably in a coma in the real world.
Of course, the moment I thought that I woke up for real.
That was a big relief.

anyway
tldr: sleep paralysis isn't fun

tl;dr but sleep paralysis is fun imo

This guys knows his stuff, but I will disagree that you can't control a dream while asleep. This is solely due to my own experiences which I'll greentext. You can't have full mental function obviously, but you can make the realization that you are dreaming and you can navigate the dream to some extent, although any great exertion to consciously control everything will consume too much energy and will trigger waking.

it really isn't tho imho tbqh famalam

It's a result of your body being asleep but your mind waking up, it triggers your natural fear response, you can't "enjoy it" you hippy piece of shit.

>has no idea what sleep paralysis is
>ye seems like fun
Fucking normies

Yeah that's why I said true lucid dreaming is impossible.
You can't control your dream, you could maybe guide it, but because even when doing that you're technicaly still asleep, so you're not "awake within your dream"
you could call that lucid dreaming if you wanted to, but personaly I don't think it really counts, since most people seem to think: lucid dreaming=complete control of your dream
Which, again, is not possible.
You'd have to be completely aware and awake to do that, and again, you can't dream while awake.
Because, well, you're fucking awake.

Lucid-ish dreaming story
>be sleeping lightly but in REM
>some outside noise must've disturbed the dream without getting incorporated
>suddenly occurs to me, semi-vaguely, that I'm asleep, must be dreaming
>attempt to change the landscape, but can't
>want to take advantage of this so spawn a girl, ends up being Taylor Swift in appearance
>that works, but as soon as I try to get her naked I turn into a pug for some reason.
>run under her legs and look up skirt
>spawn a large red bed
>proceed to hump Swift who has suddenly turned into Natalie Portman
>all in all not too bad, accomplished more than I thought possible from this