What is your honest opinion of My Chemical Romance?

What is your honest opinion of My Chemical Romance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyZDupsLxsQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty good band

I like them

Guilty pleasure

Good band they have a lot of emo themes for nost albums and songs, ( not saying that's a bad thing since I like emo bands.), but when you get to Danger Days it becomes like a party rock.

Sing the Sorrow is a good album

And it becomes quite enjoyable, even if you hate bands change style or stuff that's similar. I would personally recommend to another person.

Did you ever listen to Mad Gear and the Missile Kid?

No why?

It's literally the best part of Danger Days

youtube.com/watch?v=zyZDupsLxsQ

Damn that's pretty fucking good man and thanks for the recommendation of the EP.

Great pop songwriting, good musicianship, and probably the only "mainstream" band from that kind of emo scene that had consistantly good music.
I also like how they changed their look as they grew up and seemed to have a message of like "It's ok to be happy, it's not uncool to smile and like colours and enjoy things".
Big guilty pleasure of mine.

Also, no matter how much you think you should hate them, or don't want to admit it, everyone has that guilty part of them that wants to sing along to Welcome to the Black Parade.

Instrumental TBP is my shit.

I've always been a bit confused of their popularity. I've never been a fan of their music even when it was in vogue so to speak - very radiofriendly vibes and it's particularly unique musically. I just don't dig it I guess.

To be frank, they're a mediocre band, but there are a couple of gems. The oversaturation of the 'emo' bullshit doesn't help the cause, either.

Friendly reminder that MCR aren't an emo band.
>"Basically, it's never been accurate to describe us. Emo bands were being booked while we were touring with Christian metal bands because no one would book us on tours. I think emo is fucking garbage, it's bullshit. I think there's bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered emo and by default that starts to make us emo. All I can say is anyone actually listening to the records, put the records next to each other and listen to them and there’s actually no similarities. I think emo’s a pile of shit." - Gerard Way

First favorite band growing. I remember my older brother getting into them because if the Tony hawk underground ost. And that pretty much spawned my first musical taste into shit like rise against and system of a down. Bullets is a 11/10 album in today's context

Black Parade is GOAT

Extremely boring desu

I was in middle school when they became popular, I remember hearing for the first time thiking, "no can actually like this garbage, can they?" Apparently they did because everyone I knew listened to them, even with the people that I was in choir with. I rarely ever talked about music with anyone in middle school because we came from completely different places, I grew up on 70s-90s soul and r&b and I was just discovering prog-rock and jazz fusion. I didn't want to hear any of that emo garbage at all and still don't to this day.

Fun pop punk. I listen to their songs a lot more than I'd like to admit

feeels

>le 2good4rockmuzik meme
Stop being a pretentious faggot.