NFL players in Rugby

How well would NFL players do in rugby?

Looking at the make up of rugby players, I doubt they'd have the power and ability to tackle NFL players. As a result, they'd get run over.

>NFL players under WADA testing
ruh roh

Rugby sucks. No one cares.

>Looking at the make up of rugby players

In sevens? Sevens and proper rugby union are completely different

You have to be strong everywhere to play rugby, NFL is just all about specific roles at specific positions, some speed demon who can't get clear a ruck or tackle bring down a front rower won't last long in the full game

they would make one big play then get gassed and have to be subbed off for someone who can actually play rugby

Yea, rugby does suck, but what if

Just have a running back behind some defensive linemen and linebackers.

NFL running backs require like 3-5 people to be taken down. So, he'll just right right through rugby players.

thats called obstruction in rugby and is a penalty

America has the athletes to create a real decent rugby team
You're missing the culture, though

You'll never have the prestige for your team like it is to make the All Blacks

Players literally can earn more money playing in Europe than they can in nz

money can solve that. If Tampa and LA can produce Stanley Cup champions ...

You mean to tell me. Ball carriers allow themselves to get tackled?

in open play its essentially the entire team vs the guy with the ball
passing, offloading and kicking is the essence of open play

if you want BIG HITS then get them to play rugby league

This

>there are two version of rugby

>Just have a running back behind some defensive linemen and linebackers.

'no'

>NFL running backs require like 3-5 people to be taken down

Maybe with shit technique like most NFL players have, not wrap around rugby tackles, there's a reason why NFL teams are now adopting rugby tackling

nfl player dont know how to tackle, nor are they actually that big without their padding

Shh, you'll trigger the aussies

nfl players couldn't do anything, since nfl is a easier version of rugby.
They would be like: "what? i can only pass the ball sideways and backwards? ffs, ok boys! we can't do kick and rush on this rugby thingy, we actually have to come up with tactics."

>fail drug testing
>need to be subbed after ~10mins of play (equivalent to an entire "football" game)
>cant tackle
>too soft to play without pads
BSA just aren't men enough to play it yet. They are getting there, "Pro League" or whatever there domestic competition is called went quite well and in high school rugby is one of the fastest growing sports

>high school rugby is one of the fastest growing sports

two people now play this sport, up from one

Rugby players pretend like it is some complicated uber-mind sport when it is just like the rest.

Put a PROFESSIONAL athlete in a camp for a few weeks and they'll get a hold of it, these people are professionals not because they are elite hacker superminds but because they have athletic physique and take to sports well

Also the coolest thing I've seen in my life was a lateral bounce pass in football and I hate the sport

Its the physical fitness that will kill "football" players. The technical side could be taught pretty easily
Start jogging, every minute sprint 10m then dive into the ground, get up and keep jogging. Do this for 80 minutes with a 10 minute break halfway

linemen couldnt play rugby.

of the remaining players american football positions almost have a 1 to 1 comparison with rugby positions and are all the same size. infact a lot of american football players are probably on the small end for rugby

I dont care what anybody says, it would take prime Adrian Peterson a week of practice to become the best rugby player on Earth

How many tv timeouts??

No one has ever successfully switched. I doubt he would
'""Our""' sports aren't cucked by TV adverts lad

depends on the ref

cant pass, cant defend, who knows how he would do against players that can actually tackle him without getting blocked. probably shit against any set defense.

>get tackled
>doesnt take himself to the ground because le big NFL plays
>gets isolated by superior lock play
>collapsed maul penalty

Rugby players are definitely a lot more powerful than NFL players. NFL players would not do well in rugby at all. But then again, rugby players would also never make it in the NFL.

watch rugby league players cross over to rugby. their brains go to shit in the game because years of training in one sport lead to impulse that doesn't carry over. they stand at break downs like they're waiting for the ball to be played in league, they tackle too high because they were taught to shoulder charge and not actually tackle. very few players transition between the two codes well. the idea of transitioning easily to a completely different sport is insane.