Thoughts on SLIPKNOT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA
youtube.com/watch?v=XiKoe83Nj1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Corey Taylor is best singer right now.
Plus they have one of the best live

>TOP TIER BAND

Used to like it, kind of got over it, listen to them occasionally, they sometimes release good songs but for the most part are mediocre.

An edgy, shitty band that copied their style from Mushroomhead.

Although yeah, I do agree. Corey Taylor is one of the best singers. Impressive vocal range.

I don't find anything metal enjoyable but from a non-metalhead, slipknot appears to be the entry-level stuff from scrubs

IMHO the knot on the noose did not slip fast enough

Started off strong. Iowa was great. Vol 3 was sub-par. AHIG was shit. Paul Gray died or whatever. Joey got kicked out. New album wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. They're alright.

They're from my hometown and I go to their shows when they come back through town ( which are fucking amazing) but I don't listen to them much other than that

for scrubs*

Corey is a good singer, but he's also a fucking asshole.... Slipknot is ok in my book over all, but they're nothing to write home about.

They suck, and are for 13 year olds who want to think they're into metal

Best character in Suicide Squad. Really liked his origin story there.

Still suck and have for years

It's like baby's first metal band.

Nu Metal == Trash

Mike Patton and Greg Puciato want to have a word with you, maggot.

That copied their style from gwar, that copied the concept from parlament funkadelic, and so on...

iowa was a pretty good album. the new shit sucks ass.

awesome band.

don't listen to fags who say its just yelling. people like that don't deserve air to breathe or at least an opinion.

This, to be honest.

Corey's not metal enough to be fronting this band. They need to get rid of him, and Jim Root for anything really heavy to get released ever again. He's a great frontman, for a rock singer, but not for a metal band.

Not the best, but most definitely not the worst either.

Just yelling.

don't listen to fags who say its an awesome band. people like that don't deserve air to breathe or at least an opinion.

See how stupid you sound now?

shit.
not linkin park-tier shit but they still suck

Idk fell into it young. Dude like broke his back or some shit not to long ago. So jelly on his pain meds.

It's not that it's yelling, it's that the music they make is uninteresting and takes virtually no creativity to produce

Outgrew them and nu metal I guess. I loved them, System of a Down, Static X, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, and KoRn back in the days. Recently checked them out with that skeleton album and it sounds a little too whiny for my tastes. Checked KoRn out too, fucking dubstep... Static X is kill, Marilyn Manson is fat, SOAD is nowhere to be found, and Disturbed is still putting out the same shit. Those bands lead me to different genres so i'll stick with mainly listening to Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Deathcore and come back to the numetal for the nostalgia listen.

and you're right, this thread is full of plebs

They're good for tying things to fixed posts.

Shitty vapid inconsequential noise created for edgy teen outcasts who don't get pussy. If you want real music listen to rap

Agreed. Corey and Jim need to stick to Stone Sour, since Slipknot has turned into a slightly harder version of that. Then they have a chance of getting better.

Loved self titled album, Iowa was okay, but everything after was garbage. That was about the time I started looking into bands outside of the US and found metal I like much better. Haven't really looked back since.

This. I used to listen to that shitty emo shit like Metallica and Black Sabbath. As soon as I converted to rap all the girls at my highschool started twerking on my 20 inch cock.

have 2 good songs.
duality
wait and bleed

then again, there usually aren't more than 5 songs i like in a band.

The only thing that sucks more dick than slipknot is a $10 homosexual hooker.

slight kek

How proud were you after you wrote that comment? Did you get a slight tingle in your dick when you finally pressed that Post button after reading it over two or three times? Is your cock going full erect now that you have a (you) to boot?

Slipknot is fucking awesome. One of my favorite bands to listen drunk and smoke cigs to.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA

But Jim and Corey write most of Slipknot's music

youtube.com/watch?v=XiKoe83Nj1E

just went to their concert in dallas.
Shit was legit, they played their older music which I quite enjoy. Not too familiar with their newest stuff but still great to see them live.

why the fuck would anyone listen to this edgy shit when there are bands like deftones that do essentially the same thing but 10 times better

Truth!!! Kinda went the other way with old blues, bluegrass and old rock/metal. Still from time to time I'll crank some old nu though

the deftones aren't as edgy as slipknot. come the fuck on.

that's what i fucking meant

but they are a better band

this

Isn't that the band that has like 5 drummers?

There great seen them and a couple other bands in fort wayne. It was King 810 and Korn. It was not what i expected turns out 23 might be too old or something maybe idk i left early.

happy 15 birthday

self titled is mostly shit, only eyeless and sic are worthy of listening to but its far from their best stuff

iowa is their best album, not much to say here. its raw and good. not a bad track on this.

vol3 is weird and boring. takes a lot of time to ''get it'' but you also get bored of it quickly so not a good album

all hope is gone is normie tier metal

they picked up their game with the gray chapter. 2nd best album

if you dont like slipknot. (probably because of self titled) give em a 2nd shot and just listen to iowa or gray chapter. the rest of their stuff is forgetabble as fuck

THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE

It's a band for anti-social wannabes too soft for the real scene and too edgy for anyone else to really tolerate.

that ep before self titled isnt even worth rating. speaking of i forgot to rate

self titled 2/10

iowa 10/10

vol3 4/10

all hope is gone 5/10

gray chapter 8/10

rating based off iowa being the 10/10. not based off rating music in general.

vol3 isn't remotely "weird"

I was big into slipknot in high school and vol3 was their latest album at the time, it was the beginning of them going normie

I thought MFKR was a full-fledged album. But you're right, the music on that was so much different than the stuff we all know Slipknot for - it sounds nothing like them.

Self-titled is their fucking best album by far nigger, Liberate, Me Inside, sic, eyeless, Wait and Bleed, Get This, Eyeoree, and even Snap

Iowa is the only album I enjoy, I don't like coreys voice when he tries to do soft vocals. He just doesn't execute them very well. And self titled was shit

Will say one of the best live performances I've seen though. Amazing stage presence.

gray chapter isnt normie tier besides the song killpop tbh

A shitty band who wished they were Mr Bungle.

They're shit

This

As far as Slipknot go, they are terrible. Saw them live with Machinehead and Children Of Bodom. Bodom were kinda bad (from an audio standpoint, vocals being drowned out etc), Machinehead were the best sounding...Slipknot just consisted of a disorganised mess with Corey half-assedly screaming every now and again

MFKR had a different vocalist. Andy i think.

Mate Feed Kill Repeat was interesting but extremely different.

It's basically an album by a different band with the same name.

way too tryhard edgy

Not bad, I like them and they put on a good show. but definitely over hyped and over rated. there are much better bands out there with less recognition, which is sad.

Wasn't going to comment.
Decided to just leave this
You know those masks are hot as FUCK when they're onstage lol
Fuck all THAT bs

Hell yeah
They're

Their last album only brought shame to the Slipknot name, objectively.

Other than that, 8.7\666 would head bang

Good quality band, know how to paint an entire picture with an album rather than a disjointed collection of songs they happened to make. Joey a serious drummer, back on the scene so must have been a successful operation. Wouldn't mind seeing these guys team up with Mudvayne, Korn and Fear Factory to do a album and cover some old metal classics.

Sucked dick since Iowa

I've heard them live. Instrumentals were not bad. Corey's vocals, yes, were pretty shit-tier, but then again, let's see you try to sing (or scream, whatever) with a mask on.

My absolute favorite band. Listen to them almost everyday.
Iowa and s/t are my favorites, then .5 and vol3.
Everything is great except for the pile of garbage that is AHIG (a couple of good songs on that one but meh)

I feel like people often look at the masks and label it as "edgy teen metal" but I don't think it is. Great lyrics, songs and musicians.
Corey Taylor is really talented both as a singer and a writer, he's a huge inspirtaion to me.

I prefer their softer / melodic side, such as songs like Killpop and Snuff.

Prefer Stone Sour.

I have a feeling that Corey Taylor prefers actual singing and creating good, catchy vocal melodies to mindless screaming. I might be wrong. But I just get the feeling he does. He seems to appreciate music for what it is and not be a narrow-minded little moron that has the mentality of 'heavier means it's better' like the majority of metal fans.

I'll point you to and Mike Patton could eat Corey for breakfast, even with a mask on.

You know Corey pretty much snapped his vocal cords a couple of years in hence the vocal change right?

Just a look through Mike Pattons IMDB profile is enough to show just how good his voice is

listen to korns most recent stuff they released off their new album man, it's like their old stuff which is fuckin awesome.

I agree though I've gone more into death metal, metalcore (only top teir bands), deathcore, (again only top teir bands, I know most are shit but there are gems among them), and I don't mind some symphonic death metal and melodeath. I go back and listen to the stuff I used to listen to as a teenager and it's way too soft, stuff like ill nino, spineshank, 40 below summer etc.

they must be grandpas by now
no?

Bipolar as fuck, but I used to like their stuff.

Stone Sour is better.

>it's like their old stuff which is fuckin awesome
This is because they finally got jesus-boy back on board.

>I don't find anything metal enjoyable
You are worse than the scrubs. Classic rock fans are the most pretentious music fans out there.

He grew up.

bait? stone sour is god awful

They sucks, always had

fake and gay.

Good band, and play songs, Corey Taylor Is a great singer, and has some great vocal songs from his second band stone sour

Head was back in after what, a year?
Don't know how Korn keep getting better every year, but they do. People like the old stuff because of nostalgia, but musically can't beat this new album it's fire.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

I push my fingers into my asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

They were great back in 1998. I remember them at Ozzfest. No one was at their stage... just us. We knew they were awesome because we got a free promo disc in Kerrang magazine. I remember standing there with like 3o other people. Then they took the stage. I looked over my shoulder at my friends as they began crushing out the first chords in sic... I saw the mob charging. The rush pressed me right out of my shoes and I was crushed into the fence, front and center. I saw their show in 1999 twice. Once in Calgary and then in Edmonton. Pure gold. I bought their second cd... the magic was gone for me. Haven't looked back. I'm surprised anyone remembers them.

ITS THE ONLY THING THAT SLOWLY STOPS THE ITCH

They are an "introduction" band.
People usuallt get into heavy metal by listenning to slipknot. Once in, they usually get to know better/heavier bands. I listen to some really heavy stuff, but I still have some of their music from that time.

It works similar to how Davis Guetta works for people into eletronic music.

Mike Patton did the fucking voice of Darkness in the game without using synthetizers. It's scary to see them recording it.