ITT: God Tier Video Games

ITT: God Tier Video Games

What is the single game that gave you the most fun for your time?

>Console, pc, phone, doesn't matter...
>Old, new, any game
>Complicated or extremely simple, doesn't matter

Imagine that you had to recommend one (and ONLY one) video game to someone who has never played anything ever, what would it be?

>do not post games that have already been mentioned in the thread, just acknowledge that post (CTRL+F is your friend)
>if your #1 game is already named, what's your #2?

I'll start:
>Chrono Trigger
>SNES
>It was the first complex RPG game I played by myself from start to finish
>I enjoyed it so much and it was so rewarding
>I still get chills listening to the music

Doom 2. It as amazing, gory and had just enough of a hint of a story to keep me coming back for almost 20 years now.

Gotta go with FF7. My first real video game after years of playing snes shit like mario, donkey kong, ecco and such. I remember the very first time I saw a cut scene I damn near wigged out. I've since played it at least 2 dozen times and always notice something new I didn't see the time before.

Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door

Might not be the most popular choice. But I'd honestly go with Super Mario Galaxy. I've had hours of fun with it, trying to 100% it and such.
Same goes for its sequel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is just as good as the original.

My fucking nigga, sick game.

This game is so fucking god tier. The music is sick, characters are lovable and rememberable. Not too difficult to get a handle on the game, but you can always try to get amazing at super-guards and stylish timings, as well as trying to 100% the game. Some of the puzzles are pretty clever, but mostly easy.

I don't think this game was groundbreaking. It took original Paper Mario and polished it. I just have really good feels towards it. Currently in a run I just started, feelsgoodman.

Holy shit bro hell yeah. I just reloaded and saw you posted that after I posted mine, but bruh we are on the same wavelength.

Pixel Car Racer for Android and iOS. Drift Girls is good too. I also enjoy Antichamber, but that's for PC.

Might and Magic, anyone? Got good at III. Stayed good. Got great at VI. Got interesting at VII. Got worse at 8. Died at 9. Got Ubishafted at X.

Favorite would have to be VI or VII.

Kid Icarus

best game ever made.

my nigga. it really is a near-perfect game.

Pokemon Red and Blue

I wish that game never had to end

Ark survival evolved is my favorite game of all time.

NSA thinks so too

As far as minute to minute excitement and joy it would be New Adventure Island for the TurboGrafx-16. I love it's fast pace, it's cute animu character designs, and I'm a big platformer fan.

It's probably the only older game I feel ok paying retail price for.

I could play SMRPG over and over and over again. The battle system was extremely entertaining and the sidequests were unique and perfectly balanced in terms of difficulty to find and complete

i used to play super smash bros with my buddies every time my parents had a party or get together... all the kids would go hang out in a room, we brought our favorite n64 controllers, and we would beat the living shit out each other in this game all night...

such good memories... kirby ftw

Back when the only mmorpg was Everquest...

X-Com - any version.

The series is amazing but specially this game.

holy shit! completely forgot about this game!!! i loved this game so fucking much!!! when you got the giant shells and completely destroyed everyone!!!! the nostalgia man...

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is the best single player console game.

Game has just all the little touches...On top of being excellent in all regards to gameplay, music, graphics, etc.

The director of the game left video games shortly afterwards, saying that personal creativity was being stifled by monetary interests.

Besiege, a great game. Not an oldie but its unique style and sandbox elements make it one of my favorites

I apologize if someone has mentioned this one in the event I did not see it, though the game has a small fanbase. Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, on the GBA. It is an rpg or sorts where you craft.your own weaponry from differing materials. I highly suggest it.

Garry's Mod

4.9k hours of play time so far and still having fun with the game.

I downloaded VI recently because it's regarded as one of the all time best/most important games that I've never played

really hard to get started without a pile of weed though to be honest. You know what's hilarious, it'd actually be awesome to play games like that in VR...

Have you ever played Aria of Sorrow on the GBA? It's another Metroid-like one, and it is actually quite entertaining.

Fire emblem, all of them are good.

That game has taken up so much of my childhood.

I've played all of them, but all the followups are kind of reduced versions of SOTN. Lower resolution etc hurts a lot. All of them are missing the little touches that made SOTN so great though

>Find "Secret boots"
>"Discretely increases height."
>If you equip them alucard is literally 1 pixel taller

Street Fighter is my shit

Literally the coolest game for the original xbox

fucking this! i must have spent at least 1000 hours playing aoe2 in middle school... people still play this competitively btw.... there are some amazing multiplayer matches on youtube... look up a channel called "zeroempires" or something like that

This game is epic

This 1

truth

Well, there are a few games that I really enjoy

Mass Effect Trilogy(just bought it a wrek ago and I can finally understand why it's so praised)

Hitman(I know it recieves a lot of hate, but gameplaywise it's juat as good as blood money, maybe even better, but storywise it lacks, a lot)

Psychonauts(played it like 40/45 times since I was 14)

Republic Commando(nuff said)

TES 3,4,5
I know you said game, but I honestly still have fun playing videogames. These are just my favorite

god I used to whoop niggas in the arcade on this exact fucking coin op in 1992 or whatever. the one with all the square portraits around the screen.

thanks for the nostalgia bomb.

>be 8 years old
>figure out how to do shoryukens and shit just by trying a million different things
>nobody else can do them, kids twice my age and adults constantly asking me how

what a different time

monster hunter freedom unite. emulator on smartphone.

comfy

This 2

nice b8

This 3

the single greatest game ever made

Ah, alright. I only have access to a GBA emulator, so I've never had a chance to play SOTN. I always have wanted to though.

FFT
Best battle system
Intricate and badass story
Zodiac stone monsters were the shit

This 4

Checked

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

This 5

>jeremy soule

Burnout: Revenge.

This 6

This 7

this

Depends on preference, but I would say personally :

> Kerbal Space Program
> PC

It is a game that has a really nice open world, great physics engine, huge amount of creative freedom through craft editor, mods (such as kOS which allows programmable probes) and overall and great sense of wonder, achievement and danger in the bowels of space.

You're joking, right?
Battle system was a fucking unplayable mess

This 8

Holy shit i love that game, great choice man

This 9

GunZ
Teeworlds

Earthbound
Played it a year ago after seeing a streamer play through some of it and got interested so I got an emulator and holy fuck it's a god tier rpg

Quite a lot of them. Bloodborne as of recently.
But, a general list:
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>Dark Souls
>Okami
>Silent Hill
>Mario Kart 8
MK8 is comfy as fuck. Nothing like racing online, tucked in bed at 3 AM.

Ocarina of Time was better

This 10. Last suggestion

You guys already know this is going to be 10/10, greats game of the century

Fuck yeah! I love Earthbound.

shame. confess. walk of atonement.

Nice trips, my m8.

We need more wood sire.

I know it's stupid but it was the most enjoyable game I ever played:

Sam and Max: Hit the Road

Beneath a steel sky. To me it was always the epitome of the 90s era of point and click games. God, I wished I could live in that city.

just try to say i'm wrong

Vanilla Wow.

Hate me.

/thread

Oh hell yeah m8 this going to be better than anything that has ever come out on ANY console

Fuckit im throwing all the games that consumed me for a good period of time. Old fag here. Sim city 2k. Secret of mana. Ff 3. ff 7. Super mario 1 to smb 64. Legend of zelda link to the past. WOW.warcraft 2 and 3. (Soooo much level editing) Star craft. Minecraft. Turok dino hunter. Goldeneye 007. Tonyhawk pro skater 2. HOTS.

Earthbound's great, but i wholeheartedly prefer Mother 3.

out of curiosity, which streamer?

I agree call of duty infinite warfare is going to be better than any other gay as game posted on this thread

this, all time great

YES, showing our age but god damn. Had best geared mage on karana. Something like 400 days played when I quit.

The Quest for iphone. I just got an iphone last week (a gift I would never buy one) and I love it. First person rpg with a ton of expansions

Oh yeah totally i must agree with all of you infinite warfare all the way

Everything about the classic was improved upon with this game.

And gran turismo... and gta san andreas and gtaV.

Original Paper Mario was amazing. I played through a decent amount of TTYD but never beat it. I need to get another copy of it and play it again.

Little Fighter 2 is pretty friggin awesome too.

OH HELL YESSSSS this shit im skipping my classes for, hell i might even drop my girlfriend for this game

Countless hours back when I had no internet, I remember playing the trial version over and over again, then when I managed to get a full version I was in Nirvana for sure. Good times, wish I could turn back to them.

Fallout new vegas. Idk if it was mentioned and idc I'm on mobile. Fallout New fucking VEGAS!

Agree with most of these, xenogears was definitely better than the chronicles though imo.

Fuck yessss call of duty infinite warfare all the way, no other games can beat this

FUCKING CS 1.5
OR PATH OF EXILE BOTH 11/10

OH FUCK YEAH I'm going to be losing sleep over this.

yall niggers dont know what fun is

Guys im suprised OP didnt have this for best games of all time loterally i havent even played the gane and its a 10/10