Maybe the Fucking bar isn't turning right because there are chips and dirt in the collet. Filthy nigs

Maybe the Fucking bar isn't turning right because there are chips and dirt in the collet. Filthy nigs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_BURLuI70
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What size collet? I've found that a bigger one like a 3J can get by with less maintenance than one for a speed lathe or something like that

Damn dirty nigs!! clean the fucking collets when you are done!

that is obviously a 5C collet dumbass.. and you still have to regularly clean and maintain your shit!

>not being part of the R8 masterrace
>throw in boring heads that have the tolerance of a whacky waving inflatable flailing arm man
>still within +/-0.0001" accuracy

Manual machinist masterrace, reporting in. How does it feel being a parts changer/chip sweeper, CNCfags?

LOL your cute.. you keep your manuals ill keep my CNC's! try feeding at 100+ IPM on a bridgeport!

yeah sure I change parts and sweep chips once the programs are proved and the setups are done but that is the beauty don't have to make the same cut 1,000 times!!

How many fucking plumbers are on here?

You're*

You CNCfags are always in such a rush you can't do anything right. Aside from point the air gun in the right direction when it's time to cycle out parts, that is.

again cute you correct my grammar... LOL

in a hurry because time is money. If I can make a profit on the same parts that a company is purchasing over seas than I am doing something correct. You would not be able to do that on a manual.

So are you afraid of g code? Or is it the earth shattering spindle speeds and feeds that scares you?

So I've always worked on cnc and manual stuff here and there. In between my cycles tonight I want to mess around on a manual. I want to cut some od threads.

Ground down a tool to 60 degrees and have been Fucking around trying to thread a 7/8 piece of brass, but keep getting cross threaded. Increasing rpm and feed per pass.

The manual doesn't have a Setting for threads like I've seen on a few others. What do?

Crash course please. I like to learn by doing but I'm having some issues.

I don't care what size and depth the thread is. I just want to follow the same groove and get a feel for it.

Neither, all the company owns are knee-mills. Prefer having some actual skill involved in my job as well, not just being the mechanical equivalent of a McDonald's "chef".

What did he say?
What did he mean?
What the fuck am I looking at?

This is the last conversation I ever expected to see on Sup Forums

you're in machinin country now boy

Unless it's got a thread gauge on it, you're boned.

Most lathes (especially older ones) have a different pitch lead screw, so the settings are highly dependent on the actual lathe you are using. If there isn't a chart on yours, search for one. If not, it's a shit show of trial an error.

For brass OD thread cutting, low and slow with a HSS cutter is the only way to go. All the advice I can give you.

Ya, really. Between jerking it to traps and replying craigslist personals for other traps I didn't expect to be talking about metal moving.

There doesn't seem to be a sheet with that info. There are others around that do that are not so accessible to me at the moment. I'll keep trying another day. Practice makes perfect. Thanks for the tips.

>McDonald's Chef
All the machinists at my engineering firm are very respected by everyone else, you can hand them a drawing and get back exactly what you needed down to the reference dimensions
The CNC assclowns are seen the same as those putting way too much faith in current 3-D printing technology essentially equating it to a make anything machine

5c collet

I'm a mechanical engineer who does a fair bit of machining at my job and I can confirm that I clean for almost as long as I work on the machine. Maintenance is important bois

Feed in with the compound at 30°, not the cross

Cnc fagster race.

Arguing about whether manual or cnc is better is retarded as fuck, both are good for different applications

also grind your tool to 59 degree included angle so 29.5 degree on each side. that way the thread has clearance for its mating thread.

how do I lack still because I would rather make parts on a CNC machine. There are very different skills involved for sure but like I said there is move more money to be made with CNC vs manual machines.

DMG MORI hires mcdonalds employees to run their machines but they have everything set up with coloring books for guidelines.

When you work in a job shop you never know what will come through that door. The fun is finding creative ways to make these parts and cut time. I do not "operate" a CNC machine I do it all program, make fixtures, setup and run.

but like another user said comparing the two is stupid. The skill sets are different for sure but both are highly skilled. well accept operators CNC operators well are just that.
\

This Old Tony has a good video showing why to keep the compound @ 30 degrees
(skip to 15:30 in youtube.com/watch?v=Lb_BURLuI70 )

Thanks!

cnc machining, lathe, metal working etc.
wish i had money to be a hobbyist
but im trapped in a poor as fuck country

turn your hobby into work...
I can go to work any time and make whatever I want..