Europoors make fun of American suburbs because they secretly wish they lived there

Europoors make fun of American suburbs because they secretly wish they lived there.

>Inb4 it's not like in movies and most Americans live in mobile homes.

>Europoors
On a des suburbs américains en France.
Ils sont presque tous abandonnés.

No one in their right mind would want to live in an American suburb.

>those basketball hoops

All I wanted growing up was a place to play shooty hoops on a non-limestone driveway

Suburbs are where emo music was invented.

>burgerboo

I really, really, really dislike any city or suburb that's not designed for walking, cycling and public transport.

American suburbs were and always have been a fucking meme. They started out as a huge marketing ploy after ww2.

They progressively got worse and worse in their design.

Now American cities are nothing but sprawled out shitholes filled with nothing but single use housing and strip malls. The inner cities are crumbling ruins with wide streets packed with smoggy and noisy cars with the old neighbors bulldozed over to build freeways.

The laws and codes are set up to keep this in perpetuity, even though the numbers show that no city will be able to pay for the pavement,water pipes, electrical/gas lines/ etc. over such a spaced out area long term.

It's a pyramid scheme, that will eventually end in ruin. They'll be the shitty ghettos of tomorrow.

neighborhoods*

hehe sure bro

Why can't we build things like that anymore? Modern Age is overrated, nothing built nowadays will last.

Beautiful suburb

I grew up in what could be called much smaller suburb and it was awesome as kid. Almost no noise, lot of free space to run play football and do stupid shit. I will make sure my kid doesnt grow up in city

those walls are not high enough for when the carnivorous giants attack.

i prefer my commieblocks to this piece of shit housing

>i prefer my commieblocks

That's absolutely fucking insane!

I grew up in just such an area OP

you don't want to live there

They cost several hundred thousand dollars and are made with plywood with some stucco, definitely way overpriced for the utterly shit quality American homes are.

still getting cannon balls washing up on the shore?

>mfw it looks like a smaller cuter version of my city wall
hmmmmm i wonder who built it

>They cost several hundred thousand dollars
Nope, not all.
> are made with plywood with some stucco
Nope, not all.

Buy or build a decent house if you want one.
Living in any type of apartment is sheer misery.

I've honestly always wanted to live in one of those kind of neighborhoods that's depicted in movies and tv shows, like Modern Family, Desperate Housewives or something like that

These are completely shit. You have no property and your not allowed to plant a garden or get a badketball net without permission

It's great when you're a kid.
You always have friends near you, can make a sports team within minutes, somebody always has a pool to swim in, friends moms making you cookies and stuff.
>You have no property and your not allowed to plant a garden or get a badketball net without permission

What?

Fuck off canuck.
Your opinion is irrelevant as your leaf, you fucking eskimo trash.

Picture looks very much like the typical mcmansions that are here in SoCal and they are indeed several hundred thousand dollars at least.

The only quality homes you can get in the US are old masonry ones back east.

I found american suburbs very interesting as I grew up because they were such a large part of the media I consumed.
As an adult I think such large housing wouldn't work in climate that's as cold as Europe is in the winter because heating that would cost a fortune. Not to mention maintaining and cleaning something that big. I also hate how its built on the presumption you will use a car to go anywhere.
I understand why americans would have them when they have several children, but as a single who hates roomm8 the american suburban home looks like a poor place to be right now.

Watch it's always sunny in Philadelphia Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs S11E05

Homeowner association control everything you do. If the grass is half an inch too long youll get fined. Typical american talking shit about stuff he knows nothing about

It's sad, I know. But is the way we maintain capitalism, isn't?

I wanna move to eastern europe
>less gipusy
>less racism against chink
>handsome men
>good at cooking vegetables
where is the best place for me?

Still not good enough of a excuse. There is nothing physically stopping us from doing so. In fact it should be easier to build than back then with modern technology.

>because heating that would cost a fortune. Not to mention maintaining and cleaning something that big
>can't afford heat

europoor strikes again

>Homeowner association control everything you do

Don't live in one. Do you think they are common?
I have never seen one, lived in one, or worked in one. I build houses, have worked in 3 states. I have no idea why people talk about them so often when they are not common at all.

american suburbia seems fucking awful
no shops within walking distance
nothing but the same looking houses
no parks
no public transport
literally nothing

Australia is the same way I heard?

>Buy or build a decent house if you want one
Pretty much this. Spec house a shit most of the time.

>wishing to live in a desert under the tyranny of some home accosiation jerk who thinks your yard isn't pretty enough and you need a car if you wish to go anywhere or do anything

>they secretly wish they lived there.
lmao
Never ever.

there's a store at the end of my street 50m away
there's public transport from my front door
there's a park a block away
houses are a dichotomy of modern and classic architecture and miners cottages

>The only quality homes you can get in the US are old masonry ones back east.
You don't want an old masonry house, a new one would be much better. The mortar used now is much better.

>Spec house a shit most of the time.
99% of the time, absolute lowest standard house.

This is what I call beautiful, one day i hope to live in Malta.

>Why can't we build things like that anymore?

lel, you're not going to buy any property like that, so why bother?

No comfy city centre, you need the car for literally everything. (groceries/bar/restaurant/cinema/etc) No thanks

I would

Peoples used to build for civilisation, often giving up entire generations just to build large structures which still exist today. Now we build for the individual to last for the individual, if that. It's a different mindset with a different means of technological drive and communication which shapes societies in a different fashion.

Who would be willing to spend decades building something out of stone and hand crafted stonework and carpentry when we can erect buildings made of steel and glass in a fraction of the time?

I'd rather live in a quiet suburb then live near stores with buses and loud trucks coming through all day. And your country is shit anyway, one season and snakes everywhere. Try again retard.

>dat flag
>i would

Which states? Serious question. Interested to know where this cancer has spread and where not.

>canada doesn't have small stores in every corner of residential areas
top kek

I would buy a place in there. Modern architecture and planning is a meme.

That's how cities were for almost all of civilizations existence, it's only been in the 20th century onward that they've been built how they are now. And there is plenty to be desired.

With today's technology it wouldn't take decades to build things like that. The ornate handmade sculptures and carvings would probably take too long though.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, forgot I also worked in Indiana and Ohio once.

you're posting these like they're standard in your country when they were built to stop the hordes of turks and every other cunt coming to your island and raping the women

the actual Maltese I speak to can't even determine the legal boundaries of their family properties because everyone has 3 feet wide stone walls cobbled up and falling to bits

Do you want them?
Would you like to live next to a store?

midwest trailer parks aren't going to have HOAs

Notice how south Europe struggles to heat? Thend tend to have larger houses too. Checkmate, atheists.

hehe t. Phoenician

oi mate well change the color of the roofs for muh individuality and diversity

>With today's technology it wouldn't take decades to build things like that.
That's the point: it wouldn't take decades because we wouldn't build it. Most of these beautiful historical stonework buildings and their elaborate walls, etc. were also build for defence. It is an entirely different approach to building and shaping a society in which we exist within in the modern world.

>right
>mind

Never worked or lived in one, but actually some do by my sister in Florida, dummy.

No they're located on main roads because were not lazy and broke faggots who don't mind a 10 minute walk

Yes, only retarded burgers think it would some sort of travesty, even most people here haven't ever experienced what a traditional neighborhood is like.

that's kind of a stupid map, why would I need to heat my house when we have about 10 months of spring/summer in here?

>in there

I'm sorry, but it's apparent you have no idea how incredibly small and yet expensive the quadrature is in flats like that.

>That's how cities were for almost all of civilizations existence,

Yeah, but you know where the majority of all people lived until 20th century? The outskirts and countryside.

The desire to live in an "old city" is just dreams and memes, my friend.

seek mental help

Nah it's all about fences and letterboxes with people living in those shitty housing estates. Not enough people see your roof so you can't show it of as easily. That and the out of place looking "garden" arrangements people stuff into their tiny front lawns.

>The Community Associations Institute trade association estimated that in 2010, HOAs governed 24.8 million American homes and 62 million residents

Are Americans really this retarded, or are they just pretending?

Burger mentality. You're meant to use a car.

Holy fucking shit. So they've like government sponsored housewives or something, bored and using what little power they have to make life at home a little bit shittier for their neighbours?

wtf you neither?

Why the fuck dont you have small comfy stores where people live? Do you actually need to drive if you want to quickly grab some groceries?

Pretty handy, t b h

Because we don't want loud delivery trucks and shitskins making noise when were trying to sleep. Sorry you still can't aford cars

>I'm sorry, but it's apparent you have no idea how incredibly small and yet expensive the quadrature is in flats like that.

Your not buying for the size, I don't even care about that, it's a meme.

Yes I want the old stone. The kind of beauty and quality that will never be built ever again.

Doesn't even have to be that. Even the newer parts of European cities are much better planned with more aesthetic architecture.

Only Americans think it would the end of the world, if they had to fucking walk for once instead drive in their fatmobiles.

>Mc mansions
>SoCal
there's your problem right there, senpai

10 minute drive to nearest store, but I am rural, my driveway is 300 meters.

Indeed, they were built on that purpose.But in the end we won against everyone, didn't we?

You must have talked to some gozitans, or to some poor families that sold everything to build houses and live with their rent.

funny fact. we have a lot of empty flats that were just built to raise the overall price of the rent.

Sorry we're (really) full.

Delivery trucks hardly make noise you could notice. Do you have snow hauled? That makes noise.

I don't know where the hell you live, but the auto-centric planning with the strip malls and endless single use housing characterizes pretty much all American development post-ww2.

>his country has shitskins
Whenever you're opening your mouth you country just gets worse and worse

iktf. We only had a dirt driveway with ruts in it because I grew up poor in the woods. We stole basketballs from the school and when we dribbled the ball could go anywhere since the driveway was so uneven.

you really need to ask?

You don't need snow hauled unless you live in inner city clusterfuck shit like you do apparently. I didn't even know norway got snow

The Maltese I speak to are all wealthy here.
One thing I noticed about all Maltese are they are nice and funny, but when they cross the line into anger it is a fervor like no other.

Yes, the man who told me about the stone walls is not from Gozo but his wife is. He told me because we are surveyors.

The Siege of Malta was one of the better books I have read.

>implying urban sprawl isn't literal cancer

Met a guy from Malta once, honestly one of the smartest and most knowledgeable guys I ever met. He was pretty nice and sociable as well.

Here in Brazil only upper class gated communities have these perfectly cut grass and flawlessly aligned sidewalks, so for us it's upper class place.

Here it would upper-middle to the lower end of upper class.

>I didn't even know Norway got snow
Ok. You're now officially honorary burger.

Also open fields begin literally three blocs from where I live. I guess basic road maintenance is just too much for your delicate ears?

Where does the low-end middle class live? Trailer parks?

Usually shitty 1-2 story apartments/condos, or old smaller suburban houses closer to the inner city.

oh i definitely would, why not?

are you telling me people pay more to live further away from the inner city

>americans

>nothing built nowadays will last
American houses won't because they're made out of plywood and plaster but our houses will

well it's plowed not hauled. Learn to English

Yes America is one of the few countries in the world where the rich live in suburbs and the poor in the inner city. Recently it's been starting to revert but that still is the dominant trend.

In the heart of the city itself it will likely be very expensive and is usually owned by the super rich who only use it as a "when I'm in town" housing. the city beyond that will mostly be ghetto shitholes filled with spics and niggers slinging drugs and shooting each other.

The suburbs are where all the white people live. They say it started out as just running away from the cities after cars became common place to escape niggers, but that's probably only part of the reason.

>I've lived in this house for 13 years and i dont know the guy that lives right next to me
The American Dream

suburbs and urban sprawl is the biggest meme in America. Unless you live in New York or San Francisco you need a car to go literally anywhere

>America is one of the few countries in the world where the rich live in suburbs and the poor in the inner city

In chile happens the same thing :D

American "suburbs" will forever remind me of this. Creepy as shit.