/band/ General

Based off an idea that an user had in another thread >Discuss your current band or what kind of band you want to make or your current situation music wise.

Motivate and help other anons that are struggling with their bands/forming a band.

Give tips on how to make a band successful, how to promote material, good places to play, etc.

If you're trying to start a band, feel free to post your area code and what state you live in as well as what kind of music you want to make so you can meet up with other anons near by.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FPtWO6e5wkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Metal in bristol uk?

what kind of metal?

Death ideally

not for me, lad

anyone wanna jam from Zagreb, Croatia?
I'm on guitar

>everyone in my area makes EDM
>everyone who plays guitar/bass/drums does classic rock covers only

Anyone in Texas wanting to play psychedelic noise rock/no wave?
I play guitar and my pal plays drums
You dont even have to be interested in those genres really, just don't be a fucking nerd and be open to anything

Damn, I live in California, but that sounds rad. Do you plan on making something along the lines of Rat at Rat R style of no wave?

More in the noisy vein of the Swans EP
think big black and early swans
we just don't have a bassist

also some Les Rallizes Denudes influence seeping in
I love messing with and manipulating feedback

Bump

>establishing a general

Lack of proper recording equipment is making me strive to write a black metal album. I have a few good ideas written up in guitar pro but I can't record the guitar with my shitty mic and then have computer programmed drums and bass. Also I don't even know what programs I would need or how to program drums and bass in the first place.

I post this in literally every thread, but any one in New Jersey interested in power pop or something like it?

If the mike is shitty enough, why not try to record your guitar as though it were a drum?

It's a blue yeti that I have for vidya. It's great for vocals, even metal growls, but sounds like shit recording guitar.

Are you interested in joining my metalcore band?

Make a synth take the role of guitar too.

Yikes, no thanks.

I have a lot of songs written, but no one around me to play them. They're in kind of a post-rock-ish style, but I wouldn't say that's the main focus. I'm from California, in the L.A. county. I play sax, but don't own one currently. I'm saving up to buy myself a new one rather than fix the one I have which is pretty trash

Calgary AB
The Bends-esque soft rock meets shoegaze
also big on midwest emo

Who wants to make boring doom metal in SoCal?

I've tried to play in a couple bands, but getting 4 people together on a regular basis is next to impossible. Drummers are incredibly hard to come by. No one I know can sing.

>wants to play jazz
>everyone plays metal or edm

>this is common everywhere
Good luck finding people for alternative genres. Good luck getting 4 people in a room when half of them are flaky AF.

If you do find a person who shows up with OK influences, either they want to sing and suck or they have no concept of music theory at all or both

punk is proof you don't have to sing well to perform. The real problem is that people are scared of ridicule when it comes to singing.

I agree with this anonSo long as the person is a good vocalist I feel that should be enough

>tfw your bass player sucks

>tfw your bass player thinks hes good but cant even keep a goddamn tempo and constantly try to fight for solos and is now bored of bass and switching to guitar which hes even worse

This sounds like most bass players desu.

harsh noise

Seattle

Classic/prog rock - U of T, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm a drummer and I know a talented keyboardist with perfect pitch, although he's a metalhead he'd probably be game. I also know a few great guitarists, its just bass players are so fucking hard to come by. I know one but he's a dick and a fair bit older than me and my mates, and I'd like to grow as a band so if anyone is 19 or so and likes that sort of shit, I'm always game

Also, if anyone wants to form a jazz three piece (piano, bass, drums) in the area, I'd be hyped, although I'm admittedly inexperienced

Damn I'd love to, but I'm not moving to Toronto until next year for U of T.

Very similar, except that everyone would show up but noone would bother learning the songs. They'd learn a couple bits of the few we'd agree on (enough to 'see if we sound okay playing it and if it's okay we'll do it properly'), but obviously it sounded like shit because we didn't all know the songs.

Even when it did come together, it never sounded good enough because of 'levels'.

Jazz guitarist 40 you
Play open mics in London
7" uncut
Can learn standards and write own material

Seeks drummer, brass, vocals , anyone serious to play in

Gritty
jazz
band

youtu.be/FPtWO6e5wkk

i'd join you but i live in new england

Anywhere near MA?

>tfw I switched from bass to guitar and wrote our new EP

nah im in em ee

Stoner rock/metal near detroit? I play guitar or bass, I could drum too but I lack a kit

post-metal / post-rock / shoegaze in curitiba, anyone?

Watch out world here we come

damn, i was gunna move to Hoboken in 2013 when i was big into Jay Reatard and the likes. I wouldve power popped with you user

so close, yet so far, im in Chicago and ive always wanted to doom. i could drum and we could be like JEFF The Brotherhood

Anyone here in Ireland?

Boy where u located

Musician networking pages

>guitar player here
>lead guitarist available
>guitarist looking
>guitar/vocals lf bassist and drummer
>rhythm/lead guitar player looking
>new to area guitar player looking for bandmates (bass and drums)
>experienced guitar player for new or established band
>guitarist looking for jams

Every time

Jazz composer London UK seeks anybody

I've always thought this, there's plenty of famous singers that aren't really that talented but people still like them anyway because theyknow how to perform and just go for it

Anyone in 423, Chattanooga TN?

I can play Guitar, Ocarina, Piano

anyone in QLD, Australia into comedy rock? along the lines of zappa? i play geetar

thinkin of moving back to dublin tbqh famalim

this

fucking tired of dad rock and nigger beats around here

sudogwon.bandcamp.com

this is the music i made a while back, played all the instruments, open to play with whoever is cool and open to make good noise... i'm in queens, nyc!. now i have only a guitar and a bass.

Yeah, what you into?

Austin

well, outside of Austin but for all intents and purposes, Austin

bump

bump

Play bass
Main Influences by gang of four, Joy Division, New Order and talking heads

Looking for the rest of the band

Halifax NS

oh ya a bunch of fishers are totally going to want to play post punk lmao