ITT: We judge and make assumptions about each other based on our instruments. I'll start

ITT: We judge and make assumptions about each other based on our instruments. I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ppsd7IEtbNg
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeYAOpv6v4
youtube.com/watch?v=a2oxC23YQOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

faggot

Don't you 404 on me

Acoustic bass = faggot.
Real men play accordions.

Poor

Geoff?

Is in a band. Likes Metal

Occasionally makes minimalist techno when bored.

Half correct. I just like metal (among other genres).

Was pretty much basing my guess on your pedals

That I'm in a band or that I like metal?

Metal. Dist Fuzz and delay. That's what I would have on my bar if I was playing sludge metal live like I wish I was. Alas in Western PA most people haven't heard of sludge metal.

I think its cool you have an acoustic bass. Id say you like to think youre cultured by having acoustic instruments and a mandolin but really you probably only focus on one genre (nu metal) and youre probably ok at shredding. You dont know how to communicate with other musicians so you have to play alone. Youre definitely the cringey guitar guy at a party. You try to stretch your abities too far and everything you do ends up being mediocre.

I'm guessing you got the amp and guitar as a package deal

Hobbyist, enjoys what they do, but doesn't plan on getting big with it, probably a realist

Multi instrumentalist, as in, owns mulitple instruments..

Fair guess not totally accurate. I barely play guitar I have just had those since I was a kid I mostly play bass because I took it up as a distraction getting over a drug addiction. I literally bought the mandolin yesterday and have no idea how to play it I just started messing around with it. And the only party I take my instruments to is my co-workers Christmas party because her husband has an open jam session.

HUGE gitar with super thick cable.. or super small amp..

Checked

Okay cool, judge me now dude. I posted 2 pics. The joy division guitar the laptop on the table

The distortion is for metal, fuzz for post-rock and I'm still figuring out, what to do with the delay. Still need a tremolo for surf music.
Not that into sludge or doom in general. I mainly play black metal.
These might interest you:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ppsd7IEtbNg
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeYAOpv6v4
Not sludge but should be in your ballpark.

You know what you're doing well you do a lot of your own recording. Or you're a studio artist or producer. I like you're setup.

You're too poor and untalented to have instruments that don't make you seem like a loveless future school shooter.

It's obviously more than a hobby for you.

bump

Hit me.

that guitar and amp has never seen the outside of that room.

you try to play "serious" music but all you really want to do is join a blink 182 cover band and pick up trashy bar chicks

Correct hah

Jealous fag

what year are they?

You listen to Mumford and sons

Based on the guitars You're either been playing for a while or got those from a family member at some point. Based on the comforter your female or you're wife is in charge of decor

No I listen to rail yard ghost's, brown bird, and mewithoutYou.

Either you do or want to play misfits in bars around Halloween.

bump

cba to take a pic but I have a basic cheap acoustic guitar

2007 tele (highway one series that i've beaten to shit, so it looks old as fuck)
1993 mustang (made in japan)

heres mine, and my music

youtube.com/watch?v=a2oxC23YQOU

been playing for a while, only musician in the family actually, i just don't really like any other colors besides sunburst. my mom's in charge of decor :(

nigger

Just picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I have this guy and a Spyder IV 30watt

Banjos are for backwoods hick faggots.

Squeal like a pig boy?@@?@?@?@@ aaaarararagahahhhhhhhhahahhahahahhaabbbzhdhhdhsjsjahgaywgagaggagaggdgagavvavavsvsftekkwowje63637ui2jdbxbzhabbshshw

That is all.

That's pretty nice.

I think in general, the "cheaper" or non American made instruments are so much better these days than when I was a pimply faced faggot with a guitar.

I'm sort of jealous.

That's a nice set.

It's funny how I hated my mexicaster (first guitar) so much but these days it's the one I would pick up to play first.

I should buy a fucking strat and get it over with.

thats a mandolin you mong.

Nice dubz.

Thanks man. Its the LTD HEX-7. Its the same model that Nergal from Behemoth plays and its his signature series. Im absolutely in love

I'm aware. Just wanted to make sure you didn't make the jump from mandolin to banjo.

It happens and lives are ruined.

w/e .
guild acoustic .
stand jazz.
also have mex tele .
and a danelectro baritone.

are you rich?

Really nice classics there man.

I see no Banjos, ignorant cocksneeze.

I may be a tobacco chewing hick but my momma/sister didn't raise no fool.

not rich but more like >i like to treat myself

Nigger killer hunter

I'm just going to call "poorfag" already

well good for you user
I wish I could treat myself to an electric guitar

One man band but you live in an apartment or at home still. I dont see any distortion peddles or a double bass peddles for your drum kit.. but I understand that only the expensive models have em. You doing black metal at all?

They actually sent me two of these by accident and I sold the other for just over £100

I usually don't dig on signature series or relic'd stuff, especially when it's a top tier brand like Gibson or Fender, but that's subtle enough that I'd be OK with it.

To be honest, I just wish I had time to play my PRS so I can stop feeling guilty about having such an expensive guitar. But I'm pushing 40 and it's hard not to look like a fucking jackass trying to re learn how to play enter sandman or interstate love song. Ha.

barker must be loaded from faggots like you. overpriced keller maple garbage with a tacky wrap, woof.

See

One man indeed - living in a basement apartment. No pedals for the guitar, just a shitty amp, so I plug it into my MBP and use GarageBand (which is actually really good for this purpose).

Mostly a drummer though, and lately have been using the MIDI out on my set through Garageband as well (way better sound bank than Yamaha's).

Ive always wanted a PRS. One time when I was a teenager I walked into a guitar store to ask to see it and I got one of those "Are you buying?" and I obviously wasnt.. Im very happy for you that you have one. Have kids? I hope they will appreciate it.

I normally am not into signatures either. But Behemoth was a band I grew up on and when I was playing live and painting my face like a jackass I covered some of their material. I want to have this guitar I just bought signed and then framed really. Right now I play it but so much of the calus from the old days are gone

Good for you man. I did one man after being in an actual band. Its amazing how much better the music gets when you have control over it all (at least..because you made it to your liking). Good luck man, any youtube link for demos?

This thread is still up. Wow. On phone will post when I get there

Thanks user. I'm considering buying a Tele. Then I will stop. My wife made me promise her

𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐠

I did this in the '80s with a duel cassette deck. Yeah I'm bad

Appreciate it! Weird getting support on Sup Forums. Nothing on YT or demos at the moment, though might have some old recordings from a high school band back in '05... playing now is mostly just a cathartic thing for me, but I have been trying to record more lately so there's at least some fruit from the 20+ years I've been playing.

What about you? Curious to hear what another 1 man operation can yield...

not my pic, but same guitar

Nice opeth guitar m8

What do you think about their most recent albums?

Eh. The PRS is nice and all, it's a custom 22 with the artist package and the Brazilian rosewood fiNiger board and paua inlays, but it's too showy for me these days.

I don't have kids yet (soon maybe), but I'm sure there won't be any fucks given about my guitars, cars or guns whenever I do have them.

Set ups on the right.

Swap the Danno Fabtone for an Idiot-Box Bass Distortion though.

Doom/stoner/sludge fan

gonna be honest, only ever listened to Blackwater Park, which i love. it was my friend's guitar that he sold me for cheap, and he is waaay bigger into prog metal than me.

Lets start a punk band

You're 45 and your wife gets pissed when you play so you have to do it in the basement(your music room that she bitches about you having and you have to store her shit in there also)

cash converters number one buyer

Kek no but thanks for playing.

U in NC?