Why does everyone accuse countries that dominate a sport of doping?

Why does everyone accuse countries that dominate a sport of doping?

It's impossible to dope every athlete is tested about a billion times. And each games dopers get caught.

I mean why even try and dope?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stripped_Olympic_medals
phys.org/news/2016-02-people.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just as I'm typing this a Chinese swimmer has failed a dopping test. What an idiot

So how come they didn't caught Armstrong for that long for example?

The problem is the list of allowed chems, some things are there some aren't and there are people whose job is to think of new chemicals that will boost performance or hide them during tests.

Every professional athlete is using something that boosts their performance.

He still got caught in the end

Didn't he get caught because he only admitted he did shit?

Why does Russia have a state doping program for the paraolympics but not the teal olympics?

no one gives a fuck about paras

Russia got away with it for years

Yes. They had no proof that he actually dooped. Which is proven by the fact the big guys could never prove it. He had to admit he committed a crime since the detective was a retard.

The downfall was the teammates throwing up a shit storm. He probably wanted to come out on his own terms and get it over with than have 5 years of legal shit to deal with

They had it for both, but only the Paralympic committee decided to go with an all encompassing ban. The normal olympic committee decided to do it on sport-by-sport basis.

>It's impossible to dope every athlete is tested about a billion times. And each games dopers get caught.
It is far from impossible to dope and avoid detection for years until they go back and retest your samples with more sophisticated techniques.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stripped_Olympic_medals

The doping is better than the tests.

The funding for doping is about 1000x that for testing. Hint: Every fucking NFL, NBA, MLB, and European Football player dopes.

>what are cycles
>what is corruption
>why am I posting

Why is it only the shitty countries that dont win that dope?

OP can literally just google it. There are tons of articles out there about microdosing and other techniques to beat testing.

There are also known insulin/HGH things that pass all tests.

>funding for doping

I highly doubt that something that is illegal is that highly funded.

Well, all pro athletes pay for it not to mention bodybuilders.

So you're saying there's some kind of underground conspiracy where all athletes artless giving money to criminals to event PEDs in hidden labs?

>The normal olympic committee decided to do it on sport-by-sport basis.
Yet another symptom of how toothless the IOC and WADA are. Shit is pathetic and a world-wide shame. I don't give a shit which country it is, or which athlete. You get popped, you go away. You run a state-sponsored doping program, you go away. Period.

A study showed that the act of winning causes people to be more likely to cheat in future competitions. They feel entitled to their success and have less ethical qualms with cheating.

phys.org/news/2016-02-people.html

Are you seriously this retarded?

Are you new to sports?

Every sport, including your gay EPL, is full of doping.

>doping to play football

I don't think drugs can really improve the performance of a football player that much. If you have no skill on the ball drugs aren't going to help.

They can help with stamina I guess but most players are already perfectly fit enough to play a game without the need for drugs.

OP watch the movie Stronger, Better, Faster.

The USA Olympic coach after retiring fully admitted that the entire USA olympic delegation were on drugs. He didn't think it was that big a deal because so many other athletes from other countries were also on drugs.

There's also a dude who famously tested positive in a race and said it was herbal tea and got off, I cant remember his name. The Coach flat out calls bullshit on it and says he was on drugs.

The documentary finds steroid use rampant even at high school football level.

Everyone is on drugs.

Why are drugs banned? If everyone dipped then everyone would be level.

Also how do you define a performance enhancer? Protein powder is a performance enhancer

>It's impossible to dope
lolno
there are sports where 100% of the athletes rely on doping like cycling, it's literally impossible to end a race without it
just look at the roids fest that are NFL and NBA

every single sport is filled with doping, maybe only those that are 90% skill and 10% athletism have low doping percentages

lol

Longevity
Recovery
Ability to practice longer
Endurance
less fatigued = better performance

Everyone with a big salary dopes.

>dooped

they can damage your health + they doesn't affect everybody the same

>I don't think drugs can really improve the performance of a football player that much.
This is a pretty silly statement.

>higher oxygen load means higher activity level for longer with less fatigue
>better lactic acid processing rates mean less recovery
>HGH/etc increases injury recovery rate
etc.

All of these things add up to improved practice time, less injury/recovery down time, more work on skills and better game performance.

So where do we draw the line? Why did Lance Armstrong get destroyed if everybody is doing it?

remember WC2002?

Can confirm that my gym teacher in high school used to dope students on the football team when he used to coach it.

Should just allow doping tbqh. You still have to put in a shit load of work to get to Olympic level no matter what and it's obviously more exciting when people are doped.

But then you can't sell the sport to normies and people go got tested positive earlier would complain. Also do keep in mind most people think Olympics is 100% clean, when it is the opposite

>7's match full of Bane's
sign me the fuck up

Because he said he did it, others are keeping their mouth shut because it will destroy their careers, lives and name.

They don't call it doping funding, but it's part of the pharma industry to cure illnesses and improve health.

There should be paralympics, normal ones and drug ones desu.

I'd watch the first and last ones, but we should also add drug paralympics

>he actually dooped
>dooped
That Freudian slip

Normal olympics would be filled with athletes that dope secretly. So nothing would change.

It's probably because of all the drugs they're on.

But it would be instantly suspicious if the drug results aren't better than the normal ones so I think they would stop after 1-2 cycles.

The athletes in the druglympics would be doped even more hard since they wouldn't have to worry about getting caught so their results would still be better.

Blood doping should be legal, but steroids shouldn't.

Like why should you get in trouble for taking your own blood out, and then putting it back in later?

didn't sharapova get suspended for something she's been using for most of her career that just made the doping list this year
they all use something, the fact that Armstrong got away with it until he admitted it himself says enough

the olympic teams should be picked via lot, completely random selections from every country's population, with forced participation. That way there won't be doping, and you'll get cool shit like swimming races being between a septagenerian, a crackhead, an infant, and a 600 pound fat fuck

Stretch Armstrong doped for a decade and wasn't caught. The fact is only the idiots get caught, the only way testing would be effective is if hey could test them every few weeks, but they just don't. A good coach can cycle you on and off in between tests

He admitted it. Most don't. Even the American governing body in charge of drug testing keeps its mouth shut.

Again watch the movie in which the Olympic coach takes the documentary maker into the archives of the testing agency and shows him pages and pages and pages of failed drugs tests that were never made public.

>Protein powder is a performance enhancer

No it isn't. That's like saying steak is a performance enhancer

As someone who's a big follower of strongman (I'm natty myself though) I really don't care about doping. It isn't the be all and end all of athletic performance like you see suggested.
That said, they are expensive if you're doping people on an industrial scale and they affect people differently (and it depends how much the athlete wants to risk their health). Look at Eddie Hall or Thor vs Savickas or Terry Hollands. The latter have been (fairly) conservative with drug use and are in far better health than the former, who have both just blasted ridiculous amounts of all sorts of stuff for the past few years, and with Eddie in particular it's starting to show.

I have also read that in some sports when a big name gets caught he is forced to pretend to be injured and skip a pair of months of competition
like some kind of secret punishment

What about it? There was no doping scandal.

Nah, that's not designed as a punishment. If the chemist fucks up and you still test positive a bit before WADA show up, they pretend you're injured.
Look at Klokov and several other Russian lifters in 2012

Nadal