Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>based steve just wanted some bantz with bilbo
>corgan throws an autismo fit about it
>steve remains based
Yep, Billy was in the wrong

Can you explain the fight to me? I suspected that Billy was in the wrong there, since Malkmus is one of the best dude in history of rock and Corgan is an asshole, but I don't know what happened.

def the skinny

stefan molyneux is a cuckboi

Corgan had loftier ambitions and Malkmus was content swimming in the filthy indie pond.

Cherub Rock says it all really.

In terms of music, Corgan was in the right. In terms of everything else, Corgan is in the wrong. Dude's fucking nuts.

Billy for being an over-sensitive precious little baldy bitch.

Basically Stephen wrote that line in Range Life about going on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins as a joke, Billy got really pissed off about it and got them kicked them off a bunch of festival bills and stuff

I don't even understand why Billy was so cheesed, as disses go it was pretty mild.

Because it was Billy. He's not really renowned for being passive

This precisely

Pavement > Smashing Pumpkins

despite all my rage....

I like both but no.

He's still just a rat in the six sides of steel cage...

youtube.com/watch?v=ryYcyt8FPlg

Oh fuck, not this again
What the fuck is wrong with Billy?

He likes wrestling

What's the big deal

billy corgan is what we all wish we were. he's a dude who turned his teenage anxt and sadness into a career, and he did it by himself. sure he was a controlling asshole, but only because he had a vision and he didn't want anyone getting in his way. he taught himself how to play every instrument and even used his own voice on every album despite the fact that he can't sing at all. on top of this he was a genius and one of the revolutionaries of the 90's.

the other guy is just some no name talentless faggot. gee I wonder who was in the wrong here

Not that, that's fine
But why make something this cringy for the promo for it?

It's professional wrestling man it's supposed to be over the top and corny.

He owns TNA.

the dude made mellon collie, one of the cringiest albums of all time. The dude is not self aware at all. I bet he thinks being on a hot topic t-shirt makes him cool

Pavement was just a bunch of friends having fun while playing music that anyone can play but they were incredible talented and nice guys.
Fun is better than teenage angst because people grow up.

Corgan is just a bitter asshole who still complains about Pavement till this day. Fuck that guy.

Also, get the fuck out, Corgan.

>the dude made mellon collie, one of the cringiest albums of all time

>When people born after 2000 talk about music

Easily.

>he's a dude who turned his teenage anxt and sadness into a career, and he did it by himself
so did Nirvana.
>he's a dude who turned his teenage anxt and sadness into a career,
so did the whole grunge scene bands and a loooooot of bands since punk rock

how is this impressive at all?

>Corgan is an asshole meme

because Corgan cared

because he did it by himself. kurt was also a genius, there's no denying that.

every other successful 90's grunge band had tons of help from record labels, or multiple songwriters/talents. billy started out just mixing a playing shit over a drum track in his dad's garage until he found out he was really good and took his demos to a record company with a few friends to help him record, the rest is history. I mean, you can't compare one man's dream to a commercialized band with a bunch of money collectively creating something that's not even half as good.

DALE

>kurt was also a genius, there's no denying that
yeah there is

desu, people can shit talk Corgan all they want, and hes definitely earned a lot of it, especially in the last decade.

But he was a dude with a vision and he led that vision to be one of the biggest rock bands on the planet pretty much to fruition. MCIS was a cultural touchstone of that decade IMO and SP was arguably one of the biggest rock bands on the planet, whose fans stretched across so many countries.

What eventually hurt Corgan was the realization that it would be impossible to be both the biggest band in the world while still staying true to his musical desires to constantly evolve and never do the same album twice. The fact Adore was even a Platinum album speaks a lot about the success that lead to it.

Fact: Pavement shit on Smashing Pumpkins

Try to prove me wrong (protip: you can't)

Corgan for sure. He cost them a huge gig because he was sour over a very inoffensive, mundane lyric. Even just a few years ago when he was talking about bands cashing in on reunion tours he slipped a jab in about Pavement and you could tell he was still a little pissed about it almost 20 years later.

Corgan is definitely the better musician though.

Bi-Corg is better, SP music comes from a much deeper place than the snarky, tryhard college kid music of Gayvement

Pavement attacked SP first unprovoked right? I don't care though I think it's all silly. I like both.

Pavement is a consistently better band, but Siamese dream is better than anything they put out, imo.

>Billy Corgan wrote the song "Cherub Rock" which has the lyrics "Hipsters Unite - 'cause deep down we are frightened and we're scared if you don't stare. Who wants honey as long as there's some money?" this was a jab at all the "too cool for school" indie bands that think their superior to everyone else because no one is "smart enough to listen to them".
>Stephen Malkmus got mad because this perfectly describes him, and his god complex made him think it was specifically about him, so he wrote the song "Range Life" which had the lyrics "Out on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins Nature kids, I/they don't have no function I don't understand what they mean And I could really give a fuck" and Billy got mad.
>Billy continuously refers to Pavement as "sellouts" for doing a reunion to capitalize on the P4k crowd without releasing any new material.

They're both pretty much children.

>how is this impressive at all?
Because 99.9% of musicians don't become successful.

kek

>Pavement is a consistently better band
Only because they broke up.
SP in the 90's were perfect.

one made entry level weezer

one made good music

kinda obvious

It's like...Slanted & Enchanted and Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain were good...and even post Pavement, Malkmus and the Jicks were alright.

But that shit will never stack up to Corgan's best work. Even Melon Colie era, motherfucker still wrote like hundreds of additional songs, many of which were album worthy as well.

Set the ray to jerry??

perfectly shit

Pavement doesn't sound anything like Weezer though.

smashing pumpkins rap album when?

they wish they did

I still think smashing pumpkins is better... but Billy boy is in the wrong. I don't know much about him but from what I've seen he seems like a asshole

Weezer is more entry level than Pavement though

>Yo Yo Yo
>a-hah!
>It's your boy, Corgan
>You know I ain't dead
>yeah
>Y'all know what time it is!
>uh
>We all want to hold in the everlasting gaze
>Enchanted in the rapture of his sentimental sway
>But underneath the wheels lie the skulls of every cog.
>The fickle fascination of an everlasting god

KEK

Bilbo Corgins was in the wrong because he's a whiny pleb like anyone who thinks any of his music is better than 6/10

Even Machina I is more inspired than most of Pavement's bland shit. I don't understand why people like that band at all.