Is there a real downside to Adderal?

Is there a real downside to Adderal?

used to take it for adhd, it makes you feel like shit like you have no personality. you just sit there not wanting to talk or do anything. I dont know, it kind of makes you want to get stuff done, but not as much as ive heard other people say

This happened to me while on Effexor. Also included was teeth grinding and not sleeping for 3 days straight.

Cost

yea zombie mode. and dick death (Literally)

Don't take it daily. Keep it for when you have shit to do. It's basically amphetamines, which will fuck up your reward system.

No feelings on it, anger management issues when off it. So I guess mood swings...

>nice dubs

yep, you get mentally fucked up after some time

x2
I've usually got a pretty decent sense of humor. On Adderall I had no sense of humor once the initial rush goes away.

helped me focus when i very first took it, then made me so jittery and i was smoking like a pack and a half a day. Wasnt getting shit done because i was too fixated on the feeling it gave me and craving smokes and BOOZE, holy shit! Everynight i wanted to drink like a fish.
Must work on the same part of the brain.

No bueno,
didnt even really help me study

why is it athletes are punished for taking performance enhancing drugs while students are encouraged ?

And the weird thing is, if you google shit, its like "Theres really no side effects" but people who take it a lot know theres major fucked up shit that happens.

It made me feel irritable, couldnt relate to other people at all, whihc made me anxious; then finally i felt kind of psycho. This shouldnt be given to children AT ALL.

I took it from 6-16. 24 now, and i can barely remember that time of my life now

Because athletic perfomance is about personal ego, it's not like running well in a race is going to magically lift millions out of poverty, but someone taking addy to build mechanical devices that irrigate fields and feed the populace exports value. Sports are only really valued for aesthetic reasons which were formerly religious in origin. The original olympics were a religious festival.

No woody?

Its legal coke dont think is a downside tho

x3 you just sit there nervous. For me it always was a tool. Also on long-term it changes ur personality. Even after you don't take anymore. It made me more anxious and introvert

Anyone have any suggestions on how to find an addy connection. Just started at a new college and don't know how to find a dealer. Any advice?

>made me feel invincible
>everything was fun
>no anxiety
>completely positive attitude

bad was crashing, inability to sleep, way worse anxiety when it wears off

you should be good if you can take it responsibly

things go downhill really fucking fast if you abuse it daily

How much does this stuff go for where you guys are?

also it was perfect for sex

way hornier and could last for hours (whereas naturally fapping alone i cum almost immediately)

Really depends on you OP.

Some people here seem to have taken way too high doses, some react very well some very badly. Feel free to ask questions.

You might still be able to obtain some at a .onion site with bitcoin, though I haven't bought drugs online for a long time.

Its legal meth retard

Money, appetite, dick

Students arent encouraged. It's described for ADHD. Studying with adhd really takes more energy and time than a normal ppl studying. With adderal concentration lvl of an adhd is on normal+- (depends on right Dose), but side effects are not good (dopamin does in brain more than just concentration). So its like saying why are people allowed to shoot bow with glasses

It's methamphetamine without the "meth" part.

Same boat brother
I'd pay 10-20$ a pill, that's how desperate I am.

My dude dude this goes away after a few days. Then you don't have to cut yourself any more!! Then you're addicted and the side effects of coming off it are horrific....

Got addicted and stayed up 80 hours once. Developed a minor case of schizophrenia for a month. It was a living nightmare. Enjoy. I know I did.

dumbass

No you fucktard, it's mainly Amphetamine.

also dextroamphetamine and mixed Salts

I remember taking it at my ex-girlfriend's house. She had her 2 little cousins over being loud watching a movie and I was able to type an essay for her philosophy class without being distracted.

Does it really help you with school?

It's a controlled substance you you have to get a written prescription each time.

That's the main bad for me.

where are you? in Cali?

You retards are both wrong. It's an Amphetamine devirate, Amphetamin salt =\= meth. It's structure is near to Coke structure but that doesn't say anything. One little change in structure can change everything. There are even similiar structures which cause different effects. Google up isomeres and get basic chem skills

It has the same downsides as any other amphetamine. While speed gets you wired, it creates dependence over time and also reduces your baseline alertness. What that means is you'll have less energy and focus without the drug compared to how you were before you started using the drug.

yeah if you take too much it can induce psychosis.

paranoia and hearing voices that you can't tell aren't real

Alaska :(

last i checked methamphetamine is prescribed under the name desoxyn

Methylphenidate and especially Dimethylphenidate is the better choice, healthwise at least

Different effects with adhd / no adhd

Same user

Yeah it was hell. I thought my roommates were talking to me telepathically. I saw police cruisers coming for me. Even convinced myself I was tased. I saw the taser wires, felt the jolt but nobody was there. I lost everything due to my stupidity.

I have actual ADHD, so yes. It helps me immensely (stricter to get diagnosis here, I hear that it's basically taken as a joke in the US). I'm currently on concerta though, I had similar effects but due to being in Sweden where concerta is much more common I use that (slow release ritalin)

I don't take high doses like a lot of people without prescription, that's the key. People usually take way too much when it's for study night or partying.

I take daily and I don't really feel the crash except my productivity dropping, I also don't feel like I'm high or drugged. I'm not sure about adderall but ritalin is not dangerous long term use, non neurotoxic.

I've always had a really hard time concentrating and have a fog of thoughts that I can't stop when I'm trying to focus on non rewarding tasks.

Jesus, how much are you people taking?

I've had various anti-depressants fuck me up harder more than adderall ever has.

Ouch. I'm in PA and it's hard here

tl;dr the thread but i'm here to roast ignorant faggots

amphetamine is a great tool. its a great crutch. it won't actually fix you though. it's just a bandaid.

i've been on vyvanse and d-amphetamine for 8 years. eventually you lose your natural motivation. amphetamines FEEL like real motivation, but you can tell its inauthentic.

amphetamines 'steal your soul' if that makes sense to you. if you've done them long enough, you know what i mean.

there's no way i'd stop amphetamines now, but i wish i had never started.

Upwards of 300 to 400 mgs in a span of 3 days. I'm the one that developed amphetamine psychosis.

It's addictive as fuck. At 18 I had a swimming scholarship in Cali. Started taking it to stay up late and get my studying done. Roommate told me you could snort it for it to be stronger. Started at popping 10mg a day. By the end I was railing 80-100mg a day and pulling all nighters. Lost scholarship and had to drop out. Doing fine now though

I started at 13 and stopped taking it at 15-16. The entire time, I was about 80 lbs because it completely eliminated my appetite. That may be a downside if you aren't already a fatso

you can see a psychiatrist
if you're in your twenties and suddenly complaining about not being able to concentrate it's going to be painfully obvious that you're trying to get a prescription for adderall/ritalin
you could go in complaining about "ADHD"-like symptoms and say you don't want to take anything powerful/addictive
maybe have them start you off on something like um...fuck i can't think of the names of the meds off the top of my head, let's just say wellbutrin and intuniv
give those a run for a couple months say they're not helping
maybe build a relationship with the doctor and get the adderall eventually

Swim would say that the downsides are inevitable. (I used swim because I love erowid)
Fucked rewards system.
Needing a smoke for the comedown. A dulling of the personality and if not careful "missing the bigger picture while on it".
Positives:
Got shit done
Sparked a love for 99% of music, yes even "gay" pop songs. Ex) Let go by Rac
Able to spend 8 hours studying
-last, I lucked out and was able to resist "shit tier" drugs and I believe the meds helped.

Im ADHD too. Took 2 years 50mg Ritalin retard. It does change your personality on long-term too.

You are an addict. Addicts recover everyday. Stop bitching about drugs when the reality is you don't want to stop.

For every bit it helps you, it'll fuck you up, not in a good way.

If the psychatrist can't tell if he has ADHD or just telling he has, then he studied 6 years for nothing

I actually think it's kind of helped my personality some... Of course I have depressive type things going on too. So my mind was a non-focusing stress factory... It's like I would think about EVERYTHING going wrong at once.

this describes long term amph abuse perfectly.

Easiest is anyone from a fraturnity, preferably a social one. Next best is to hangout in the library late at night. You will inevitably hear about someone needing one to stay awake.

Have I talked to you in this thread?

Everyone experiences these drugs very differently due to the fact that it is very varying depending on your genes.

I have not felt any change in personality long-term, honestly saved my ass and really glad that I got the help I needed with meds and help on other things. Doing really well now and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the diagnosis.

he clearly mentioned he doesn't want to stop retard.

I'm mad ADHD so I was prescribed it to focus better in school and not talk as much. It definitely helped not talk as much because it drains your personality. I hate it. Plus the anxiety afterwords. Also it didn't really help me crush assignments or projects, I usually took it and ended up doing other shit until it wore off very quickly. 0/10

After long term use, you will never return to baseline how your brain was operating prior to starting, especially if you abused it, like I did very slightly.

Some people get shitty hangovers for a long time

Just got my modafinil order, shit's cash. Not as effective as adderal or ritalin but one dose taken in the morning lasts the whole day. There is no loss of appetite and it genuinly feels more "natural" than adderal or ritalin. 10/10 study drug

if you don't have ADHD before you start using, you'll definitely have it after you've started. it changes your brain architecture.

No you haven't talked to me but if you post on a board expect replies *genius*
Well if you do well I won't say you what do. But keep care, I didn't realize at first too.

Never had a problem with getting it up on adderall, the problem was that if I got horny it took me something like 3-4 hours to nut just once.

lower the dose faggot

I've tried the slow method, placed on straterra for half a year, and then my doctor retired.
He had planned for me to start a "contract" where I'd submit to piss tests and have a prescription for adderall, however, my new doctor doesn't want to prescribe it to me.
He keeps telling me I have an anxiety issue, and that he recommends antidepressants and feels adderall would hurt me.
This guy.... I just want to get A's during my last year in college

On modafinil all I did was watch 50 episodes of Dragon Ball Super with no breaks. But I guess I WAS focusing pretty well. Heh.

Other than borrowing time from tomorrow, not really mate.

Ye it just doesnt give you any motivation, it really only helps with the focus.

read the side effects on the leaflet in the box

I'm on the 60mg extended release adderall. I don't snort them or anything, just swallow like normal. It helps with work, studying, reading articles. I don't have ADHD or anything, I just wanted to try them out since i'm in the military and can't smoke weed anymore.

I don't have bad come downs or anything. I'd say MAYBE I won't be as playful as i normally would be SOME days, but that could just be me getting tired or burnt out within the week. I've lost about 20 pounds in about 2 months (Been on them for about 3-4 months, moved up to the 60's 1.5-2 months ago) but I also started working out 5 days a week then as well. I have noticed that i can go longer periods without WANTING to eat. Like my stomach will growl, and i'm hungry, but i just don't feel like eating...

overall i'd r8 8 out of 8

Amphetamin abusus changes the dopamine system in the whole brain. ADHD has too less dopamine only in some areas (mainly frontalcortex). Also its a bit more complex, a lot of adhd show paradox reactions (for example Amphetamine sedate, some sedativa make them awake). Also they have problems with filtering in brain and impulsive behavior. You may suffer from some symptoms too but you won't have adhd

It's honestly a risk I'm willing to take right now for my study and projects.

When you say 50mg, did you take this 2-3 times a day like you usually do with Ritalin or did you mean 52mg slow release concerta?

The usual dosage for ritalin is 10mg, right? Seems like you were on a very high dose, reason why I doubt it changing my personality is due to the fact that my dose is low and that I don't take it to get more dopamine than a normal human being but rather be in that ballpark.

Im on effexor and have no side effects apart from taking longer to cum.

Shut the fuck up pussy

Is strattera good? I had methylphenidate and already tried amphetamine (less side effects and bit ego push) already and didn't like that much. Thinking about trying strattera

>Students arent encouraged.

many people taking adderal start in grade school when they are minors and are told to take it by their parents. There is some debate over weather ADHD is even a real disease. There is no question some people pay attention and concentrate better , the question is weather the people who are poor at this have a disease. Its a bit like saying if I cant run as fast as some other people I have a disease and should be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs to correct it.

modafinil is serious shit, you cant really abuse it but it will keep you up forever with far less side effects then amphetamines.

from what i understand the airforce uses it in their go pills now.

you can also buy adrafinil, a modafinil prodrug, legally without a script. its not controlled

It is generally seen as the least ineffective and the med with most drawbacks and side effects.

I've heard of it making you suicidal and not working.

Doesn't help me worth a shit, besides making me puke in the morning when I take it on an empty stomach.
I have to take it with a meal, and some days I end up walking out of class to vomit

ITT the real neckbeards of Sup Forums.

I had Medikinet 50mg slow-release (like Concerta just bit different). Yes it was a pretty high Dose. Later took 40mg slow release. When I took it I thinked like you.

Wouldn't recommend adrafinil, it can damage your liver, and modafinil is easy enough to obtain anyway.

Yo Candy-ass 2nd year pharm student here not really short term problems. The LD50 in rats is about 40mg/kg so unless youre going fucking crazy no. Long term heavy adderal use can cause some issues so just dont go crazy and take breaks.

sorry forgot to add LD50 is lethal dose for 50% of the pop.

>There is some debate over weather ADHD is even a real disease.

I think that has a lot to do with it being so over diagnosed in most countries. Scientifically it is a very much a real and proven disorder.

Been taking it since I was 20 for bipolar disorder. I'm 26 now. I take it daily at 20 mg (used to take 30 a day)

Positives:
>increased attention span and ability to concentrate at school and work
>increased my social skills. Wasn't shy and able to flirt with girls better
>increased sex drive
>increased energy. No anxiety and always felt pretty good on it
>able to get up in the morning at early hours. Was easy to create a working schedule
>was able to lose some weight since it almost killed off my appetite

Negatives:
>increased sweating randomly
>got drunk quicker with less alcohol. Not fun when you're at a party and super drunk off a few beers
>made it harder to sleep at night if I didn't take it early in the morning
>am dependent on it to just be at a decent baseline that isn't constantly tired
>tough time concentrating and doing work without it
>having trouble with erections/being fully hard without it

There is trade offs with any drug. These are just my experiences with it. They may differ from one person to the next

I'm on 36 concerta right now. I don't think that you can really judge how I think based on my short paragraphs online but hell whatever you say.

Studying high level math major and working on indie game so it's something that really helps me atm, hopefully I don't feel the same effects like you are. I don't think that this is something that you can easily generalise as this is not something everyone experiences.

How did it affect you in detail? would love to hear so I can look out.

Not OP but I think after reading this thread I may start to ween myself off of it. I've noticed a lot of the changes in personality, modd swings, anxiety, introvertedness, etc. since I started taking it a month ago. Probably oughta get off of it, it's so fucking addicting. Like the feleing the first time you take it so so incredible, you feel so awake and happy and everything but now it's like "if I don't take it today I'm gonna be a wreck all day" wish me luck b...

Was 'diagnosed' with adhd at 8. Am 23 now. That stuff always made me feel like an empty shell of a person. And also made me lose my appetite during the day. I just could not eat even though I knew I should.

adderall or modafinil?

Anyone else feeled dirty on mph?

Good luck m8, lucky it's only been a month.

Nigga what