In what order should I listen to Ween Sup Forums?

In what order should I listen to Ween Sup Forums?

haha didnt they do ocean man?

Chronologically.

GodWeenSatan
The Pod
Pure Guava
The Mollusk
White Pepper
Country Greats
Quebec

Why not Chocolate and Cheese?

/thread

hehe

Any particular reason? Is there some sort of arc to it?

same to you

It just allows you to experience the evolution of their style as if you were listening to their releases as they released them.

So are you saying there aren't any albums i should avoid? They're pretty solid throughout their discography?

What kinds of music do you like the most? Ween covers many genres so it would be easier to recommend a starting point with that information.

None of their albums are bad. Some of their albums are much better than others by comparison, but none are objectively bad. I think listening to their catalog chronologically will take you on a pretty dynamic path and make more sense leading from one album to the next rather than starting with an overall accessible one and working toward the obscure.

haha irony lmao

With their first album, like you would with any other artist.

i'm not one of those people who would always say to listen to an artist's discography chronologically, but like others here have said it's a pretty good idea with ween

White Pepper is their most accessible album. It's all really good pop rock.
The Mollusk is a more psychedelic and experimental concept album.
12 Golden Country Greats is 11 golden country greats.
GodWeenSatan is very crazy and noisy rock.
The Pod and Pure Guava are their brownest albums.
Quebec is brown as well but with much higher production value.

>tenaciousd.jpg

Oh wow i forgot my favorite of thiers kill me

>Lightning Bolt

>Sufjan Stevens

>Sonic Youth

>Swans

>Animal Collective

All of these artist are off the top of my head exceptions to your rule.

It all depends on your taste and where you'd like to approach from. A lot of band's first albums are either trash or very inaccessible.

Alright, sounds god. Appreciate it man

Queen, the Beatles, the list could go on...

Chronologically.

Start with the country album, then The Pod and Godweensatan, then listen to the Ceaser Demos, then kill yourself because music will never be that good again.

Quebec is what got me into Ween tho.