Worst aged classic rock bands ?

I never understood why people liked The Doors

Definitely not that one. Probably def leapord or some shit like that.

Was Def Leppard ever good??

The End is a 10/10 song, especially in the intro of Apocalypse Now

Well I would guess that they find their music enjoyable.

i like jim's voice

Definitely not The Doors, they probably aged a lot better than most of the bands during the time.

Def Leppard is awesome still, the thing that hasn't aged well is the sound of 80's rock production

Queen.

Unironically.

They were pretty unconventional compared to other psych rock bands.

This, Queen's overdone, portentous style has aged like dogshit. It's genuinely cringe-inducing to listen to now.

I feel that from a sheer musical perspective, it's probably the stupidly popular 70s blues rock stuff that guys like Stones, Who, and Zeppelin were doing. Listening to all that day today, there's so much more types of music that exist that there's nothing in particular that this style of hard rock offers that wasn't done better by those before or after them.

I never get how this one's so hard for people to wrap their heads around. Most tracks on that record were pretty ahead of their time, having a somewhat complex proto-progressive rock feel to them. That and Jim's got a pretty unique voice that only helps maintain the timelessness.

They made memorable singles ranging from simple shit to something like Bohemian Rhapsody. Definitely a reason why you can still hear their stuff everywhere.

No fuckin way.
Because they were three talented musicians from different musical backgrounds who developed a distinctive and iconic blend of rock music which drew equally from blues, psychedelia, jazz (latin jazz in particular) and classical. And of course there's Jim, whose subconsciously arcane lyrics are at once literary, elegant, and romantic, yet also dark and primal.
This. 80's hair metal bands.

Tell that to fans of Coldplay and Muse

But Jim Morrison was a fucking legend, you asshats.

Better than the fake deep bullshit you guys praise on this shithole.

He was actually breaking ground back then.

Rock is dead anyway. And rap won't be going away anytime soon either.

All of those bands created timeless music you fuck. You can't judge them each by a couple of radio rock anthems.

Jim Morrison was as vapid as anyone on this board.

they are the best aged one imo except some long boring keyboard solos.

They're not technically classic rock and they wrote some great songs but I always felt The Ramones' music never had the same impact to listeners of subsequent generations as it did when it was released. One of the most influential bands in rock for sure but I could never really feel how impactful it was when I listened to them, really

This, Jim Morrison fucking invented the concept of "fake deep".

>Son, I'm going to kill you

How is that vapid?

You're an idiot if you think Jim Morrison was the first person to disguise a contrived sense of enigma as being profound.

>Jim Morrison was vapid
Are your parents cousins or something?

Actually, its

"Father"
"Yes, son?"
"I want to kill you"

It's been awhile, thanks user.

get filtered tripfaggot ass bitch

didn't know we were related. sorry son.

Wasted dubs, you butthurt pleb.

wasted life you little pussy BINCH get over here and let me suck them toes faggot

Lmaooo my toes are not tasty.

they gonna get tastied by my tongue bitch

Tell that to plebs? Plebs like Queen, though.

He wasn't fake deep, he wasn't deep at all, he just wrote about his emotions. He didn't fake being a depressed drug addict.

what?

The Doors still sound incredibly novel.
No band has ever managed to replicate their sound and probably won't in quite some time.

Pet Sounds

Not by a long shot. Fuck off, OP.

metallica.

bands of those days had heavy emphasis on treble in their mixes. sound like im listening to a can.

This thread is obviously retarded bait but the Doors have probably aged better than any band of that era.

Please, name another band that sounds like the Doors. There just isn't one.

Maybe not classic rock per se but I cant think of another release that has aged this poorly. Unbearable.

BEFORE YOU SLIP INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS

I think people like this *because* of how dated it is.

Forever Changes and The Doors have aged better than any 67 release

No :^(

this is bait

Yes, their first three records are good

Nice attempt at bait. But seriously, name one other record that came out in 1989 that *still* sounds this fresh. NIN has aged incredibly well

I still think if their vocal approach/lyrical content hadn't been what it was, Korn would be much more highly regarded. Musically, when this record came out, nothing sounded like it. But hey, whining and scat-growl-yodelling never ages well...

The Who.

Are you dumb? I love everything Reznor has done, but PHM aged like milk, it sounds 80's as fuck. And you can easily find shit from that decade that still sounds fresh (Daydream Nation for example). Most 80's synthpop aged like shit.

Lol. Daydream Nation sounds like 60's velvet underground bro.

proves you've listened to niether. if any VU comparison is due to DN, its White light/white heat but even that is more bluesy than sonic youth ever was

70s pseudo-prog arena rock bands like Kansas and Styx and powerpop bands like REO Speedwagon are probably the classic rock bands that have aged the worst. I'd say more so than hair metal because hair metal bands where never trying to be anything deeper than what they are.
Also, WRONG

I've never heard of that band

Any band with Eric Clapton as one of their main members

Yes, Bob Dylan was the one who introduced that cancer into popular music

10/10 meme

but their s/t is great tho

Badly aged != bad
Lots of 90's techno sound a tad dated but are fantastic nonetheless

>Badly aged
How so?

It sounds great.

>10/10 song is better when is shorter

what about axis and are you experienced?

I agree with this

coldplay is just stolen ideas from radiohead, and muse are pretentious buttrock

it's interesting, i think bob dylan and jim morrison are two sides of the same coin.

dylan is a far better lyricist, but the doors musically put the political tension and chaos more perfectly. jim was actually used sparingly if you think of it that way. it's kind of a shame he's the one that was worshipped, but he was a prototypical rock god. without whom, btw, there would likely be no iggy pop. he was truly a rock legend

Led Zepelin

>. And of course there's Jim, whose subconsciously arcane lyrics are at once literary, elegant, and romantic, yet also dark and primal.
Cringe

Not that one, faggot.

this seriously, the music industry and teenage girls take the words and image and make you doubt its legitimacy but jim was just a socially and emotionally fucked person that used cryptic lyrics as his vessel for saying the things he never managed to say in conversation.

LET ME HAVE ANOTHER KISS
that song really makes me wish i learned keys, Manzarek wrote some dank compositions for pop music

id like to have another kiss, how embarassing. My favorite song on the album too