Welp... i did it

welp... i did it...

i have decided to take the internet's advice and not get a portable laptop computer in favor of a powerful desktop computer

since if i bought the laptop then i wouldn't have enough for the really tricked out desktop computer i wanted - so i had to pick 1 immediately

it's going to have an i7-6950x and a titan x pascal

thank you

thank you

polite sage from here on out

>so were you?

no.

>YES
>YES

no.
no.

thank you

>Titan X
I told user here to put the best GPU possible in his computer and he actually did it! The absolute madman!

>>Titan X
>I told user here to put the best GPU possible in his computer and he actually did it! The absolute madman!

thank you

But how much ram do you have? Because you can't do shit unless you have at least 32g.

>But how much ram do you have? Because you can't do shit unless you have at least 32g.

128 GB

>But how much ram do you have? Because you can't do shit unless you have at least 32g.

uhhuh... i know that... but i just wanted to say the cpu and gpu because i thought the less was obvious... but, yeah, 128GB, i guess...

to be honest - again - i was seriously considering and very close to getting a more upgraded laptop instead.

but you said to get a desktop computer; so i followed your advice...

so. instead of having a laptop. i'll have the most powerful computer possible now, i guess...

so... i appreciate your advice...

thank you...

Holy shit man, that's like a fucking SSD. Please tell me you are going to do some dank video editing.

TFW I barely know shit about my computer.
TFW GTX 630
TFW i5 and don't even know what type
TFW 8gb of RAM
TFW I can't even run any last gen game at minimum graphics at 60FPS

Dude, what you have is a fucking render farm.

>Holy shit man, that's like a fucking SSD. Please tell me you are going to do some dank video editing.

yeah, thank you. yeah, i was planning on doing that. - i was planning on doing that with my laptop as well. heavy mult-tasking and doing things at the same time. i think it might've been possible with the 4-core 8-thread with gpu laptop i was planning on getting. or i could've managed some kind of setup and routine .but i asked you what i should get and you told me desktop. since i get the laptop i like the most - which is mainly form-factor and then as powerful as possible - then i got the desktop i like the most - which is as powerful as possible, i guess...

>TFW I barely know shit about my computer.
>TFW GTX 630
>TFW i5 and don't even know what type
>TFW 8gb of RAM
>TFW I can't even run any last gen game at minimum graphics at 60FPS

it's alright.
it's alright. gtx 630 is a great card. i'm also making a secondary computer with the left-over money with a gtx 710 fanless. it was either get the laptop i was planning on getting or make 2 desktops.
uhh... as long as you have 4-cores and 8-threads then you should be alright with about everything, i guess... 'course i couldn't try it. just a 2-core 8-thread here. look up your cpu by going to the start-menu, right-clicking "computer", then you can tell us what cpu you have here.

>Dude, what you have is a fucking render farm.

dude... oh, i see, that's great. - i guess i could've used the laptop as that. but, again, i didn't have money for the desktop if i spent it on the laptop. i'd be stuck otherwise. so, yeah, decided to ask you for advice... so. i'm happy with the desktop computer "render farm" i will have, i guess...

polite sage

to be honest. i feel a great deal of more responsibility having the desktop computer.

having the laptop computer i could always say that it's not powerful enough to do what i want to do. i can't immediately see this being a problem with this type of firepower. so. i could really be corrupted by this type of fire-power... but, again, that was your decision, so...

so...

now withness the fire-power of this fully-armed and operational battle station...

>portable laptop computer
As opposed to a stationary laptop?

>>portable laptop computer
>As opposed to a stationary laptop?

as opposed to a stationary laptop.

as opposed to a not-powerful desktop.

i wanted to emphasize that the laptop computer was choosing portability and the desktop computer was choosing power.

The 630 wasn't evenFUCKING DESIGNED FOR GAMING.

I have a dual core, that's all I know, not at my computer right now.

What are you going to do with it? Just gaming, or something better? You could do some sick shit with that beast.

>gayming
good goy

>The 630 wasn't evenFUCKING DESIGNED FOR GAMING.

i think you mean gt 630. but sure it is. i mean if you compare it to the best graphics card i could've used in my laptop...

>K2100M is 2x more powerful than gt 630...

well... if i didn't upgrade it...

>K1100M is 50% more powerful gt 630...

well... if you compare it to the integrated graphics of the laptop i was going to get...

>intel hd 46000 (mobile) is 17% more powerful than gt 630...

well... if you compare it to the integrated-graphics of my current laptop computer...

>hd 4000 is 30% weaker than geforce gt 630...

see? i knew my laptop computer choice would've been good. if you haven't told me to get a desktop computer.

see? your gt 630 is currently more powerful than my integrated graphics intel hd 4000.

doesn't that make you happy?

>I have a dual core, that's all I know, not at my computer right now.

oh... is that so... well, i hope you learn that and say what it is - when you can... where are you now then...

>What are you going to do with it? Just gaming, or something better? You could do some sick shit with that beast.

i have no idea

i just asked if i should get a laptop computer or a desktop computer - since if i bought the laptop computer then i could've afford the desktop computer - and you said get a desktop computer - so i'm getting a desktop computer...

i don't know...

>What are you going to do with it? Just gaming, or something better? You could do some sick shit with that beast.

well. originally. with my laptop. i was planning on optimizing everything i could. and doing multiple things at the same time. including video editing, playing videos, transcoding, download, uploading, heavy-browsing, etc., etc. all at the same time to be honest - i'm a bit worried about having so much power. since with all of my other computers i've learned how to ultra-optimzie everything until i couldn't do anything anymore. 1 of the reasons i asked if i should get a laptop or a desktop was that i was worried that if i got a laptop that i would get "stuck" again and have no money to get anything else. so yeah... again, took your advice and got a desktop computer - like you said...

Buy a p750dm-gsync. Install gnu/Linux. Come all over it. Make a PC

No, being better than others isn't happiness I don't feel better knowing that there is now somebody with worse frames than me.

>inb4 netflix

>Your advice
Holy shit. Sup Forums isn't one person, it's fucking millions, stop acting like we all told you to get a desktop. Also, if you WANT A FUCKING LAPTOP SO BAD BUY ONE YOU FUCKTARD. I DOUBT YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO DO EITHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

How's your case and PSU looking?

Did you go for standard cooling or water cooling?

>How's your case and PSU looking?
>
>Did you go for standard cooling or water cooling?

well, i didn't want to name everything, because i didn't want to show-off or make it tl;dr... but - if you insist - it's a 1600W titanium...

i went for the best noctua thing...

i didn't make a computer before, so...

>>Your advice
>Holy shit. Sup Forums isn't one person, it's fucking millions, stop acting like we all told you to get a desktop. Also, if you WANT A FUCKING LAPTOP SO BAD BUY ONE YOU FUCKTARD. I DOUBT YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO DO EITHER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

your advice.
holy shit. user is 1 person, it's fucking 1, stop acting like you didn't tell me to get a desktop computer. also, if you want a fucking laptop so bad don't vote dekstop your fucktard. i doubt you ahve the money to do either in the first place.

>netflix
good goy

>>inb4 netflix

i don't like that...

>No, being better than others isn't happiness I don't feel better knowing that there is now somebody with worse frames than me.

yeah, that's me... right now...

to be honest i don't really care about frames so whatever

to be honest when i was playing a videogame and i was waiting about a good 30 seconds to 60 seconds or about 45 seconds for it to load - i didn't mind too much.

but by the time it loaded - it was already over.

and they're like "seriously?" "it's really that slow?" "are you kidding?"

so 1 of the reasons i wanted to not-get a laptop computer and get a desktop-computer instead was to not disappoint everyone...

>Buy a p750dm-gsync. Install gnu/Linux. Come all over it. Make a PC

i can't. i'm already buying a desktop computer. i can't. i can't. no

>Buy a p750dm-gsync. Install gnu/Linux. Come all over it. Make a PC

i was gonna get a thinkpad. i can't really afford anything now. i don't want gnu linux because then i'd have to run windows on top of it and if i were to go back to a laptop that would feel weaker then i would risk not being able to run programs because i'm running gnu linux with windows on top of it. so i may if i can. but i may have to back-track if i were to back-track going from a desktop computer and back to a laptop computer. which won't happen indefinitely. since again i'm spending it all on this right now... i guess i could try gnu linux. but i don't want to become dependent on it. and not be able to back-track to a laptop. so. maybe. i don't know...

isn't that a thinkpad meme? did that transfer to all computers? you should do that with "device" trash. of course. "buy it used it's cheaper". "they probably came over it". no. forget you people. i'm buying a new 1.

whatever

everyone's getting mad

so i'm attempting to delete the thread now

thank you

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

...oh...

polite sage from here on out

everyone just...

ignore and sage the thread, i guess...

thank you...

>Welcome to
>(10 minutes after posting)
>your thread!

>ha ha, now you
>are stuck in your thread!!

...oh...

>Buy laptop with good CPU
>Buy Razer Core
>Or buy the newer laptops with 1080 cards.

>>Buy laptop with good CPU
>>Buy Razer Core
>>Or buy the newer laptops with 1080 cards.

no.
no.
no.

>>Buy laptop with good CPU
>>Buy Razer Core
>>Or buy the newer laptops with 1080 cards.

i only had 1 laptop i had in mind. that i wanted for how it looked, in addition to special features it has, such as the track-point. i wanted that 1 or nothing. i didn't want to pay more money for a laptop that would be under-powered otherwise. so it was that laptop or that desktop. it's too late now. you decided desktop computer. so i'm getting a desktop computer.

also again i either wanted that laptop computer or get a desktop computer with full-power. desktop computer was chosen. so desktop computer it is...

also. i really couldn't decide if i wanted a laptop computer or a desktop computer. that's why i asked. and desktop computer was voted for. so yeah...

and by you i mean user. it's more "immersive" like those "reader x" stories; it's trendy. don't you think?...

also i posted the poll here and you user answered it. "Heaven" isn't here. so that kind of narrows it down...

As far as specs and performance goes, modern laptops can handle gaming pretty well. Bundled with a Razer Core and a good GPU, it would be more than enough. You also have the freedom to get out of your mother's basement every now and then.

how is this thread still alive

>how is this thread still alive

i have no idea

>how is this thread still alive

i've been trying to delete this thread since hour 1

Didnt read.
Lol user is faggot.
Any problems basementdweller?

>gayming
good goy

>GAYMING
good goy

>As far as specs and performance goes, modern laptops can handle gaming pretty well. Bundled with a Razer Core and a good GPU, it would be more than enough. You also have the freedom to get out of your mother's basement every now and then.

well again i asked if i should get a laptop and you said no so yeah; no it can't - the way i use it - multi-tasking; maybe the laptop i wanted would've worked but i won't know indefinitely now i guess. i already had that advice and thought that with my current laptop and could also think that with something different for the laptop i actually wanted - so the desktop computer is more than enough but more so. you also have the freedom to get out of your mother's basement every now and then. since you don't have to wait for things to load as much etc..

all the replies in this thread look so strange as if they don't fit properly but perhaps i am dead and that's why. i'm like 90% sure i'm dead

yeah, this conversation is really going places...

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

now everything is shit...

>all the replies in this thread look so strange as if they don't fit properly but perhaps i am dead and that's why. i'm like 90% sure i'm dead

and you are in hell...

...and so am i...

i don't know man i'm thinking this must be purgatory.

my girlfriend actually listened when i said to get a specific haircut i like and to wear more skirts and i got about 40% better at guitar overnight

this shit is too spooky

>i don't know man i'm thinking this must be purgatory.
>
>my girlfriend actually listened when i said to get a specific haircut i like and to wear more skirts and i got about 40% better at guitar overnight
>
>this shit is too spooky

same thing...

uhhuh... well if you're having fun and know how to do a lot of things and don't think about it and enjoy it - then of course you greatly improve without noticing...

i get "spooky" a lot...

>all the replies in this thread look so strange as if they don't fit properly but perhaps i am dead and that's why. i'm like 90% sure i'm dead

thank you...

the world of top level awaits us

>the world of top level awaits us

what do you mean...

>As far as specs and performance goes, modern laptops can handle gaming pretty well. Bundled with a Razer Core and a good GPU, it would be more than enough. You also have the freedom to get out of your mother's basement every now and then.
>well again i asked if i should get a laptop and you said no so yeah; no it can't - the way i use it - multi-tasking; maybe the laptop i wanted would've worked but i won't know indefinitely now i guess. i already had that advice and thought that with my current laptop and could also think that with something different for the laptop i actually wanted - so the desktop computer is more than enough but more so. you also have the freedom to get out of your mother's basement every now and then. since you don't have to wait for things to load as much etc..

also i asked if i should get a laptop to be more "mobile" and you said no. tough. don't tell me to get a desktop computer next time. =;

>then
>ask if i should get a laptop
>no response
>get a laptop

>tell everyone i got a laptop
>-then- everyone attacks me for it

>now
>ask if i should get a laptop computer or a desktop computer
>response is desktop computer
>getting a desktop computer

>tell everyone i'm getting a desktop computer
>-then- everyone attacks me for it