Wait, so what exactly is this?

Wait, so what exactly is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI
youtu.be/KGE7q0oDlEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretentious

Hypnotic ambient drone for patricians

I don't think it's pretentious, just more interesting conceptually than it is musically

solid enough ambient music turned art piece with cultural significance

The next buyers market in terms of music as an actual artistic medium

I'd say it's interesting musically as well, and the fact that its concept overshadows the music has unfairly led many people to underrate it.

That said, it's very background-music, even for ambient/drone

A shameless cash-in on the September 11, 2001 tragedy. Don't deny it. This shit is fucking corny.

interesting music. good ambient, cool concept

But is it actual original music? I just read it being a tape disintegrating or something. I'm just hearing the same thing over and over.

pretty much this

but the textures man
protip: most people who like this album don't like it for the concept, but for the music
wasn't it his own recordings? I don't recall. In any case, you're hearing it right, but it's a really nice mood

>most people who like this album don't like it for the concept, but for the music

Truly embarrassing opinion. The music is amateur hour horseshit no better than any throwaway bandcamp vaporwave. People are drawn to this for the (false) 9/11 tale. I don't understand what you have to gain, if anything, by denying this.

>I don't understand what you have to gain, if anything, by denying this
The assertion of my own reaction to the music. What's your favorite ambient music?

a picture

>. The music is amateur hour horseshit no better than any throwaway bandcamp vaporwave
lol

>The assertion of my own reaction to the music.
Meaningless.

>What's your favorite ambient music?
Irrelevant.

Why are you trying so hard?

Nah.

Basinski is talented. Maybe he doesn't show it here, but regardless, he has talent.

Wow, I could ask you the same. I didn't know what reaction to expect from my post, but not an angry one.

>Meaningless
can't tell if you're a total idiot that doesn't understand what that sentence said or just don't think different tastes are a thing

cool dowwwn

>Wow, I could ask you the same.
You couldn't, though. You're the one tasked with defending the Disintegration Loops and you are failing miserably at doing it any justice.

>total idiot
>cool dowwwn
Why so defensive? Please, I would like to discuss the music. I said once already that personal matters are irrelevant.

You literally stated a bunch of your opinions about how bad the music was, and then after he replied he disagreed with you when you asked what he had to gain by denying your opinions were true, you say that his opinion is "meaningless".

Clearly you think you're really smart but you're dumb as fuck my dude.

Ah ok, now I know what response you were looking for. Thanks for cluing me in eventually.

That said, I have nothing I can say to "defend" the album, considering music can't be reduced to discrete elements that I can call "good music" or "bad music," at least not without a knowledge of theory I lack. I've listened to music for quite a while though, and plenty of ambient music, and I'd say it's a pretty good album.

Oh yeah, btw, while you only implied your request for me to defend the album, I did literally ask you what your favorite ambient albums were (irrelevant lmao... to what?). What are they?

>You literally stated a bunch of your opinions about how bad the music was
A cash-in is not an opinion. You were sucked into the impotent myth of Basinski listening to Disintegration Loops on his NYC rooftop on 9/11. Not only were you not there to experience this farce, you were gullible enough to soak in the sentimentality. It's pathetic.

Positive opinions of the Disintegration Loops are based on this September 11th fraud. It's only just to deem them meaningless.

>Positive opinions of the Disintegration Loops are based on this September 11th fraud. It's only just to deem them meaningless
How's solipsism going?

>You were sucked into the impotent myth of Basinski listening to Disintegration Loops on his NYC rooftop on 9/11. Not only were you not there to experience this farce, you were gullible enough to soak in the sentimentality. It's pathetic.

you're literally just assuming all this is true, I don't even like the disintegration loops you dumbass

again, you think you're really smart but you're a fucking idiot lmfao

>(literally no commentary about the music)

You too.

I like the melody I guess and the texture is really awesome, I know "texture" may seem superficial but lately I've been feeling it really is the voice of music and especially important in ambient music maybe. I'll admit it doesn't "drone" much, but it's really relaxing and the sound of the tape falling apart is pretty interesting too. I-is this what you wanted? Holy shit user, I'm really not sure why we're entertaining you still.

What do you dislike about it?

I have no interest in discussing the music with you

I saw you being an idiot and I'm here to point it out

>You too.
I've said plenty about the music. That cannot be argued. It's a joke. Amateurish tape loops with a despicable profit motive. "9/11, guys! That was bad! Buy my CD!"

Lol, you've only talked about the concept, because you can't get over it. Now tell me your favorite ambient albums or I'm done entertaining you

Your personal opinion about the artist's integrity has nothing to do with music, and your reason for disliking the music itself is that it is "amateur".

Where's all this discussion of the music again? Do you think literally throwing an adjective in front of a word is "discussing music"?

Sheesh dude.

>Now tell me your favorite ambient albums or I'm done entertaining you

Irrelevant. You try to shift the conversation but you can't. Disintegration Loops is a 21st century medicine show and it escapes denial.

Does anyone have that video of the old P4K editor ranting about this album in much the same way?

It seems only New Yorkers are offended by the 9/11 thing. Either that or people lack the sophistication to attach an extramusical idea to something. Feudalist notions of "absolute" music reappearing in 2017 on an anime imageboard. Hilarious.

>Positive opinions of the Disintegration Loops are based on this September 11th fraud
Wrong. The music itself is gorgeous

Thanks man. It's a good watch even though I disagree.

Don't bother, he's either trolling or literally can't entertain an opinion other than his own. Honestly if it's the latter I hope he reads this post and rethinks some things.

>people are STILL parroting that Chris Ott video while completely missing the point of his argument
c'mon

YOUR TYPICAL ART-CON JACKASS

youtu.be/KGE7q0oDlEI

Actually, he completed the Disintegration Loops on September 11th, 2001, and he took a picture of the skyline from his apartment.

So yeah kill yourself lmk

Also I thought it was 10/10 before I even realized it was a picture of 9/11

You're really cringy

Its irrelevant. The content was made before the attack and has nothing to do with it. Willy just stamped the towers burning on the front.

In a way its almost a testament to how faceless and generic some ambient/drone actually is

You're bad at spirituality

infested with generic thoughts/opinions. I suggest you meditate.

Are you 19

The entire time I'm watching his vids I can't help but think Chris Ott is probably the worst person who ever lived

Yet they are strangely captivating

So your argument is that he lied? Where's your proof? Kek

doesn't all music that isn't free have a profit motive

Normally Chris Ott is a pretentious douchebag but this video is essential viewing

Forgot to mention skip to 8:34 if you want to actually know why Disintegration Loops are horseshit

someone else already called it, thanks though

Oh yeah my b
It's also a lot more pretentious than I remember it being but I still like watching him losing his mind over it

it is wrong but still good for a laugh
the first time i saw it i legitimately thought it was a joke

>Irrelevant
Coward. You know you're only talking shit and you can't actually back yourself up with good arguments.

I don't know how you expect people to take you seriously if you don't actually use arguments in a conversation. The albums aren't amazing or anything, but your bait/troll is 2/10.

This is why we can't discuss ambient/drone anymore. False dichotomy is fucking killing this shithole.

t. Chris Ott