Can opioids be effective for treating depression?

Can opioids be effective for treating depression?
>usually very anxious and cynical
>life seems futile most of the time
>take codeine every month or two, don't have a tolerance because of breaks so I don't need anything potent
>return to what I believe is baseline

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no.

Why do you believe so?

i dunno man, i know im cynical all the time but my anxiety subsided after 4 years!!!! yay

No, the only thing that treats depression is tackling the thing that is depressing you.

opiate withdrawal can cause anxiety so unless you're planning on never stopping being high on it i wouldn't go for that

Absolutely not. A lot of times depression can lead people into becoming dependent on things. If you start trying to treat yourself with opiates you're going to end up falling harder than you would without the pills. The only way to deal with depression imo is to figure out what brings you joy and just run with it. In my case I love metal work and shit like that, I spend a lot of time in my garage just welding shit together and seeing what kind of things I can make.

Because it is only an analgesic, not an antidepressant. It can work for diarrhea for example too (loperamide) and some stuff, but depression is not an indication. It will only make things worse, since you can get addicted and if you are in fact depressed it is more likely. And addictions are difficult to cure. If you have an actual issue with depressiion seek professional help and stop dicking around with things you don't know.

I found Ketamine removed my anxiety and depression for like a week after taking it. I even walked into the wrong party and everyone was looking at me and I wasn't fazed when I'd normally have an anxiety attack, it's awesome.

Ketamine has been proven to be effective against depression. Maybe you could help your anxiety issue with Kava Kava.

That's great to hear :)

I've seen withdrawals. A family member is going through them as we speak. I feel bad for taking it because it would kill the person to hear, but I can justify it to myself to not feel complete ashamed

this, usually it's the fact that you haven't grown as a person or feel insignificant so you tell yourself it's all pointless because that means you don't have to achieve anything or take any risks.

You need to start analysing your own thoughts and calling yourself out on your own bullshit.

don't fear codeine. it's barely addictive i've been taking it for 13 years. if i stop taking it i feel shitty for a couple days with diarrhea and that's about it

Please tell me you extract it from whatever it is bound to

Codeine is for niggers and cell gangsters

try working. that might put life into perspective.

yeah mostly. i don't use alcohol either so my liver is probably fine

or people in pain (it's legal OTC in my country)

>don't fear codeine. it's barely addictive
>i've been taking it for 13 years
>13 years
>barely addictive

What.

i mean i can stop at any time with minimal withdrawals. i take it because i want to and i have a fucked back also it helps me sleep, not because i'm craving that sweet codeine high

You should take a normal antidepressant. I'm on buspar and sertraline rn and my quality of life is pretty great.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE

I'm not judging just thought it sounded funny. But you do know that everything you just said is the same shit every addict says ever? Think about it.

i took that shit for 2 years just to get through college (i really hated college), but looking back it wasnt the healthiest way to get through it. the best way would be to actually figure out how to enjoy it for what is was and quit acting like a bitter jaded asshole. ya youre in college, so are all these other people stop thinking youre too good for this shit if you were you wouldnt be in this position in the first place, is what id be saying.

so ya, you think its a good idea, but it just numbs you out and side tracks you from the real solution.

I don't have a tolerance, I don't need anything potent

I do work. , 30 hours a week. It's even a job I enjoy. Whenever I let myself become vulnerable to speak with people I embarrass myself and then become quiet and retract into my thoughts. Or I make mistakes which make me sad

yeah i know except i stop every now and then because it makes my skin shitty and it's quite easy to stop and i do have an actual addiction that makes me near insane when i stop so i have that to compare codeine to and codeine is nowhere near it

The last time I took anti depressants I followed an impulse to kill myself. I won't ever go back to them. I think they could help possibly, but I won't allow myself to take them