The great debate

the great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12068104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeezus and TLOP are trash.

The debate being which is worse? It's hard to tell. All of his albums are godawful.

Yeezus is more interesting and has higher highs.

Late Registration is his best album followed by MBDTF, Yeezus is dogshit, worse than TLOP, and on par with Graduation

I hope this is bait

KILL YOURSELF

this but unironically

MBDTF

I'm not being ironic kek

I thought most people agreed MBDTF was better

common consensus doesn't mean it's right

MBDTF is better, no contest. Everything that followed that album is shit, and will continue to be shit.

Common sense does though

MBDTF>Yeezus>Graduation>TLOP>808s>College Dropout>Late Registration

yeezus is his best album

MBDTF only repeats what old kanye did with more repetition and less innovation. It is the landmark of stagnation for his musical career. Yeezus undid that and brought something new and cool to the table

Yeezus easily. MBDTF sounds outdated and ear fatiguing thanks to the brickwalled master. I know he wanted the album to sound slightly antiquated, baroque-esque but the master combined wit the countless features just makes the album nauseating after a while. It's still a pop-rap masterpiece.

Yeezus on the other hand sounds fresh, sharp, visceral, futuristic and minimal. One of the sharpest and hard-hitting EQing I've heard on any album. The producers must have spent ages fine tuning the sounds. I see Yeezus as a time-capsule in a CD format, everything about it just perfectly captures the gloomy mood, zeitgeist and distrust of the time it was recorded and released in. People complain about the lyrics but the lyrics to me are honest, raw and passionate. Yeezus will go down as an untouchable classic and to many people it already is.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

MBDTF>Yeezus >Graduation >TLOP>College Dropout >Late Registration >808s

Is...is this even a question?
MBDTF hands down. By far better production/beatwork, only album that comes close to it is LR.

I made a poll nonetheless
strawpoll.me/12068104
>LR that low
You're breaking my heart man

this is like saying reaching the peak of a mountain did nothing but ruin the climb

MBDTF is the Bottomless Pit of kanyes discog

No, that's Graduation.

MBDTF>LOP>808>Late Reg>YEEZUS

>life of pablo that high

Yeezus is my favorite, MBDTF is a close second though

Definitely MBDTF but that isn't even kanyes best

LR>CD>MBDTF>TLOP>Yeezus=808>>>Grad

People who don't get Yeezus are plebs of the highest order. You need a certain level of intelligence and musical literacy to truly get it. That's why it was so critically acclaimed by music critics, people who listen to music all day every day and get paid for it, while the general clueless public didn't get it.

I can't for the life of me figure out a way to call Late Registration Kanye's #1 album, MBDTF his #2 album, and Graduation "on par with [...] dogshit."

I'm not trying to start an argument (yet). I'm genuinely interested in how you came to this conclusion. Seems like a very hot take.

You did kind of a similar thing to the guy I just replied to so maybe you can explain the philosophy behind this ranking.

(Not him)
I don't agree with Graduation being 'dogshit' but I could definitely see why he would put LR at #1.

The compositions and string sections on LR far surpass the beatwork on most of his albums I would argue, especially looking at the tracks Gone, Late and (the outro to) Crack Music

And the amazing brass in We Major is definitely a contender too.

neither

What is EQing?

I don't know what there really is to explain
I like the style he was going for on his first 2 albums
MBDTF has great production
I understand why pablo might seem a little out of place. I just really liked the album and can't put it down.
Can't really pick which I liked better between yeezus and 808 but they're both great
Grad had some good tracks but barry bonds and drunk and hot girls kind of ruined the album as a woke for me

Overall they're all great and really close in rating for me other than grad

Whole* not woke
My phone is showing

both equally as good. both 9/10s

Yeezus is better IMO.
MBDTF has higher highs, but the lows make it worse for me. I just want to turn it off after So Appaled.
Yeezus has it's cringy moments, but they don't last long and i still can enjoy the album until the very end. It's grown on me quite a bit, i used to shit on it too.
MBDTF wins in the lyrics department tho.

no debate yeezus is better.

Yeezus has no filler.

/yeezy taught me/

This but unironically

There is no debate. Yeezus is trash and MBDTF is his best album

This. Late Registration is a classic.
Bound 2, Guilt Trip, On Sight (aka. look guyz i can make noizes!! xD)

/thread

College Dropout is my favorite, reminds me of zappa
FLOP and Yeezus suck so bad

>new and cool to the table
>new
>two years after death grips did it
>nice b8

>the first song literally has 30 seconds of filler at the end of it
hue

>MBDTF
>TCD
>Yeezus
>LR
>808s
>TLOP
>Graduation

correct order

Not that great of a debate, really. MBDTF was a pretty good album while Yeezus might as well have been Kanye masturbating for 40 minutes for all the good it would've done.

not my ranking, but one of the few I aprove

LR > MBDTF > CD > Y > TLOP > 808 >> G

>on sight
>filler

The entire fucking album after New Slaves is filler, especially I'm In It and Send It Up. Yeezus is frontloaded as fuck and that's probably the kindest thing I can say about it - at least all its bearable songs are put front and center.

I listen to I'm In It solely for the last verse.

Nope, Yeezus has no filler. Send it up is a nice breather and change of pace after all the insanity.