What exactly is ''dadrock''?

What exactly is ''dadrock''?

rock for dads

Old-fashioned rock inspired mainly by classic rock that the "wrong generation kids" consider as "real music". It doesn't necessarily have to be old. For instance, AC/DC, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and more recently Wolfmother can all be considered dad rock.

rock music your old man is listening to. pink floyd led zeppelin, deep purple etc

ok, but is it necessarily a bad thing?

No?
The only bad ''dadrock'' band I can think of is Kiss

perjorative term for classic rock employed by people who think they're contrarian and edgy for listening to modern top 40

Music that's played on the classic rock radio station.

Rock that was actually good.

Kings of Leon and Coldplay were the last good rock bands to come out.

Everyone else has been a meme.

Including the Black Keys.

>Kiss

nah, some of their early albums are classics

>Coldplay and Kings of Leon
>good

are you doing the ruse

>Kings of Leon and Coldplay were the last good rock bands to come out.
delet this

Not at all, but a lot of people throw the term around to try and discredit the music or its listeners.

Name one memorable frontman that came out after Chris Martin.

I'll wait.

Shitty old rock like Led Zeppelin

Coldplay are depressing as fuck sounding. I just can't bare their sound without wanting to step infront of a moving vehicle.

But you know who Chris Martin is. And so do a lot of normies.

My point stands.

Chris Martin is not memorable either lol

Chris Martin isn't memorable. Even his name sucks, it's just two first names. And even if he were memorable, that doesn't speak to the quality of their music, which sucks.

And they're not depressing in a good way either, like Joy Division or NIN. They're depressing in the way that waiting for a bus in shitty weather to go to some place you don't want to go is.

I'd say Alex Turner is more memorable than Chris Martin. And i'm not big on either bands but the arctic monkeys are significantly better than Coldpleb

>Kings of Leon
two-hit wonders

I concur. God, I have a boiling fierce and passionate dislike for Coldplay. Why couldn't we have replaced one of last years deceased musicians with Chris Martin. Not George Michael though. He can stay right where he is.

To the people who would actually use the term 'dad rock', bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam would be their dads rock music. Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc. are more grandad rock these days.

I just listen to dad rock because I think it's fun music