honteux

>being british
>being edgy

"oy, wan' a rope, lad?"

>tfw your best bro bullies you

america is your best bro

Accented letters are very useful tho.
Genders in other hand...

Genders are useful because bored 1st world kids don't have the patience to come up with a whole conjugation system. Just making up a pronoun is easier...

genders are useful.

we already have a stupid spelling "reform" watering down the language because spastic millenials can't write properly

Weird since anglos (and germanic "people" in general) are obsessed with genders.

>germanic "people"
a bit rude

how often do native speakers get the genders wrong?

Gender is just the word used to qualify words.
It doesn't actually mean word have genders.

Just like a mood in the grammatical sens doesn't have anything to do with the mood of someone.

Ah, you're alright, Luxembourg, you're pretty much our cute little sister

(brother?)

shut up Jean-claude goldenstein.

Basically never. It just comes naturally.

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining how other languages do without genders. For example, how do they objects. As just "neutral" ? Because for me a table or windows are inherently feminine, and a pen or a bed are inherently masculine.

there is no reason at all in the world to designate in speech that the table is feminine

Did you ever look a table very closely? I can assure you It's very feminine.

>for me a table or windows are inherently feminine

You're just a weird fucker, we have geneders but I've never considered inanimate fucking objects to be inherently genedered.

not in german

I like the French ones, but I don't understand the Spanish ones (i.e. ó)/

I assume everything is masculine in German

most is neutral or masculine , le lit becomes das bett(neutral)

I don't understand what you say... A chair or a table aren't feminine for me, neither a sun is masculine, It's just automatic to put "le" before it, but except this, it doesn't "feel masculine" or something.

I wish French has neutral desu, It could be useful

But since some words sound different from others, shouldn't you accomodate your speech accordingly?

Beside it make it sibylline when you omit the word only to design it by a paraphrase.

makes things more confusing especially in cases like la fille becomes das mädchen(neutral)

>shouldn't you accomodate your speech accordingly?
no not really. why should you?

>not having accented letters
>spelling bees being an important part of your culture because no one has any idea how to say anything

is this some kind of code switching

yes they do and spelling bees are for children

i'm a professional decoder

you learn how to pronounce each word on its own because the letters make no sense

if I presented you with a new word you'd have multiple different ways to pronounce it

This scares the European/non-Chinese speaker shitless

My EYES!

>non-Chinese speaker
wrong

120? not that much stuff to memorize

> American education
This was an actual English letter.

It is the voiced dental fricative in words like 'bathe', or 'these'. It's used everywhere, and causes immense suffering to foreigners, hence we like it.

We have an accented letter too, you imbecile (there are two of them in 'imbecile').

>T̨̹̘̼̪̯̮ͤ̊̄̔̊͋̉̍h̡͔̯̝̜̰͈̲̽̏͘͠i̢͉̬͖̲̪͍̪͗͒̎̉ͭ͛̀͛s̗͚̱̣͚̾̐͛ͨ̀̚ͅͅ ̻̖̱̖͓̖͎̹̾ͯ͒ͧͅc̜̦͚͐̿̍͘͢͢ő͎̙̗̙̜̮̩̈́͂̐̏̾n̙͚͔̙̑̈́̒ͤ͢͝f̙̮̑ͭ̚u̔̓ͧ̃͂̓̍͏͉̹͖ṣ̡̪̩̤̹͉͈̈͌̑eͤͣͣ̐͏͖̙̳̙̭̜̲͝s̴̷̫̣͕̥͚͐̃ ̥͇̾̎ͮ͂́̐ͫ́ą̻̺̯̣̙͈̆ͭͫͣͤ́͝n̺̫̣̮̤̱̺̱ͮ͂̄ͣͯͪd̵̷̠͔̺͒̓̿̃ ̹̬͇̺̯̜̣̱͋͑̂ͦ̑ë̱̘͇̩̮̺́̏ͧ̂ͭ̉͟͟n̸̡͎̣̼͓̗̞̗̹ͪ͌̏ͧ̑r̷̩͚̤͍̤͈ͨ̓̄ͅa̵̛̜̘̼͋̓ͦ̈́g̡͎̝̻͕̑̔̈͋̉͐ͦȩ̡̗ͤ̽̓͂̃̽̋͘s̗͍̜ͫͪ̓̏͐̃́͡ ̸̢͚̻ͬ̈ͯ͘t͉͔͙̼͈̓̍̑̒̅̇͡h̛̭͖͕̠̤̪̳̽̆͒̈̉̀ͦ͜͝ͅe̴̢͙̻͋ͩ̋͝ͅ ̭̭͕̍͒̎ͫ͒͆̍n̸̹̲̪̄ͩ͋͆̄̈́́͡o̢̓̾̈́ͧ͏̻̮͍̭n͙͎͆̽͒ͦ͆-̫̤̻͚̍̃͂́V̗̦̺̌̿ͅî̲͔̭̖̣̩̙̹̋̆͑͘͢e̴̡̖̘̹̪̰͕ͬ̓̄́͒͂͋t̸̰̪̬ͨ͂̃ͯ̋ͦ̂̅n̈ͮ̅͡҉̝̦̲͉̰̰a̘̺̭̘͚̽̏͠͠mͯ̌́͢͏̩͎̱̙eͫ҉̘̯͇s̢̖̱͇͖̻͑ͩͦ͠͡e̶̙͈̻̰ͭͅ.̛̹͕̺̙̫͍̞̉̈́͐̆͛͜͠

> American educationnXDDD
i didn't say it wasn't ever a letter you fucking retard. get cancer

>causes immense suffering to foreigners
I confirm, It's a pain in the ass.
>hence we like it
You guys are sadistic, we always known it.

Then why would we be 'buttdevastated' by it? We know the letter, since we actually used it as part of the alphabet for year, and we know the sound as we say it literally every day.

They show stress. Where the the word is accentuated.

In the case of monosyllables, they are used to avoid ambiguity (tu and tú don't mean the same).