Another day, another objectively incorrect statement from p4k- this one is definitely worth a hate read

another day, another objectively incorrect statement from p4k- this one is definitely worth a hate read.

pitchfork.com/features/rising/10001-tears-of-a-dirtbag-rapper-lil-peep-is-the-future-of-emo/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKalQrHXayI
youtube.com/watch?v=3hlSgENWCcU
youtube.com/watch?v=HcSOZAqv_Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428
youtube.com/watch?v=fudsUhWAG_o
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_28ZOgCID4
youtube.com/watch?v=qLKsmQ6fgDc
youtu.be/sMPd9QoVfVA
web.archive.org/web/20170109214316/http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/10001-tears-of-a-dirtbag-rapper-lil-peep-is-the-future-of-emo/
youtube.com/watch?v=EEdWdzid0TE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>rapper
>emo

lil peep is the future

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKalQrHXayI

What, this isn't emo to you???

does having the word 'boy' in your song title instantly make you a meme white rapper?

youtube.com/watch?v=3hlSgENWCcU

yes, this is a whole rotating stable of teamsesh rejects

>Cry about pitchfork
>Mock people who take pitchfork seriously
>Post about pitchfork continuously
>Don't ever discuss the numerous alternative music sites out there that could benefit from word of mouth on Sup Forums
>Wonder why people still go to p4k

really gets the synapses firing

>white
>rapper

Post some gud ones then

they're praising a white guy that's good enough for me

wtf? I hate white people now

That's fucking awful

I happen to like this genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=HcSOZAqv_Uo

hope he ruins emo forever :)

lil peep is only good for foiling the artist formally known as yung bruh
Also, fuck p4k for snubbing this entire genre for the past for years and then championing the biggest fuckboi of the whole movement for clickbait shekels

More like the coolest in the whole movement everyone else in emo is a frigid little bitch like Will Toledo

but no one associates this with emo except for p4k

Calling yrself "Lil X" is an even greater giveaway

Car Seat Headrest isn't emo but this memetrapper seems like an even bigger dweeb than him anyway

it makes me ashamed that i make music with all of those elements but im at least a better songwriter than this uninspired whiteboy, though ill prolly never be half as succesful(hes gonna be forgotten in a year or two anyway tho)

L'il Peepee

I was comparing him to other emo rappers.
I know a few toddlers that are tougher than Will Toledo.

what happen if i cringe too hard?

white guy singing embarrassingly juvenile sad lyrics =/= emo

Holy fuck, this guy is so fucking garbage it's hard for me to even believe

I like Lil Peep. My friends and I have a fun time singing along and laughing about his songs.
I'm pretty sure he's self aware. He knows it's juvenile.
Anyway I'd love to go to one of his shows. Girls who wear chokers and are prone to calling you "daddy" listen to his music.

How much did this cost?

he says he's going to be a household name tho :^)

1) if you can't attract women in chokers with percocet addictions without the aid of Lil Peep, you should probably just start paying for sex

2) if you read the interview he is clearly not self aware in the slightest

>Gustav Åhr
Is he Swedish?

>Rising Week

Is 2017 the year they go back to churning out indie hype constantly, like they did in the 2000s?

Will they start giving BNM's to bandcamp artists regularly?

>Anyway I'd love to go to one of his shows. Girls who wear chokers and are prone to calling you "daddy" listen to his music.
so basically you don't have a personality and you need some guys music to do the talking for you.
see you in a week when that girl dumps you

>objective
This kills the /thread

He probably is going to be a household name. His music is catchy and fun.
>if you can't attract women in chokers with percocet addictions without the aid of Lil Peep, you should probably just start paying for sex

>so basically you don't have a personality and you need some guys music to do the talking for you.
see you in a week when that girl dumps you

Why are you guys so mad about this? Is it because leather-tennis-skirt-wearing girls don't like you?

If you think this guy will be an actual household name, you are simply mistaken. This music is not original, catchy, or anything but pure, unfiltered snobbery. This vine star trap, for only the most casual of casual music fans- those who tailor their apple music playlists to fit their dad cap wardrobe. You're actively poisoning culture and deserve all the hate you get for it, you prepubescent little honky

And these girls dont wear leather tennis skirts they wear jeans they bought over instagram specifically to give them ass lift. They have ventements socks, tongue peircings and ironic jelly bracelets, and suicidegirls rejected them because they have loose pussies

Spontaneous combustion

>This vine star trap, for only the most casual of casual music fans- those who tailor their apple music playlists to fit their dad cap wardrobe

This is the reason why people are going to eat this shit up and he's going to be really successful.

>Why are you guys so mad about this? Is it because leather-tennis-skirt-wearing girls don't like you?
i love dating walking memes but its not long lasting and will crash when the next meme trend comes out. just warning u kiddo

haha you don't understand normies

You're inferring a lot here lol but thanks dad I won't date the memes for too long my sophomore yr

tinymixtape and sputnikmusic I'm p fond of

Normies =\= irony poisoned babygirls on snapchat

Nor does it = pop up shop transients and pill gobbling trust fund daddies boys

Which you and your friends obviously are, you're too (((faded))) to get on this wave when it passed 2 years ago

Why do people even bother with Pitchfork anymore, it is such fucking shite

wait so I just listened to the song and wasn't yung lean doing this a couple of years ago and lil b grandfathering this style like 8 years ago

how is this new

yes

yes

and it's not, but considering they were trying to run lil yachty out of the rap game last year Conde must've brushed the crust out of it's monstrous eyes and taken notice of where the money is going

I feel like this sound has potential but his lyrics are drek

voice is terrible, but it's actually pretty good besides that hahahah

He's shit, but he sounds like every other shitty rapper these days

at least he put smokeasac in the limelight
it's incredible what a good producer can do for a bad mc
Nedarb and F1lthy are good too

don't forget spooky black

lil peep is the truth

>Pop punk vocals over cloud rap beat

wow omg no way

>Is 2017 the year they go back to churning out indie hype constantly,

Only if it's memerap unfortunately.

>anime girl vomiting.jpg

>considering they were trying to run lil yachty out of the rap game last year

Why do you think that is?

nothing, nowhere. does this sound far better than Lil Peep, teamsesh, and anyone else affiliated with Astari.

holy shit he's a walking meme

youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428

hol up, did he just sample The Microphones - (something)?

Im not sure how I feel about that

Sup Forums loved lil peep like 3 months ago and now he's everything wrong with music

it's the circle of memes

that's rich coming from you

This dude is just a carbon copy of Bones. Difference is that Bones is actually listenable.

show me a thread on Sup Forums from the archive thats positive on lil peep
its always the same kid who spams suicdeboys liking him

I like $uicideboy$ but I fucking hate Lil Peep

so basically $uicideboy$

chris ott must be flipping tables after seeing this

I thought it was going to be shit but I like this

fuck pitchfork

they dont give anyone else in this scene right now any recognition

HELLBOY was my AOTY for 2016 tho and Lil Peep & Lil Tracy are fuckin dope

at first his lyrics are a bit jarring but after multiple listens I find them sneaking into the bac of my mind and its hard not to sing along when me and friends listen to it

like honestly if you like cloud rap and dont enjoy this fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=fudsUhWAG_o

I like it

The lyrics are pretty gay tho

i'm okay with it but why do they call it emo when it's cloud rap?

hi lil peep

but Wicca Phase is Awesome, he's in the same vein

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_28ZOgCID4

damn he did and it doesn't even fit in the song

does he just take some random sad guitar/string riff and layer generic trap drums over it?

i would be okay with this existing if it wasn't a complete waste of a decent songwriter.

youtube.com/watch?v=qLKsmQ6fgDc

rip my man, smoked too much weed

I like 'em both, but i'm more into lyricism than the music itself
so that's probably why i can dig it.

They put themselves on the wrong side of history and underestimated how charming he would turn out to be in person

lil yachty is terrible though

he still has that voice, the fucking trappy drums are just stupid. if he did this over a New Order style drum machine it would be 10/10.

I was wondering why the guitar sounded like the microphones... cuz it is.

woah, yeah! I never thought about that. I've been on a New order kick lately, too. Wow, i bet that'd sound great.

Oh hey, any reccomendations for similar bands to New Order, with that solemn, yet totally dance-able chiq?

always knew these scene kids would come back and fuck over music again

Just put lil peep on warped tour and the meme will be complete

Classics? Contemporary?

This and that Tears for Fears album are my favorite.

Don't know much recent stuff but the The Notwist's Neon Golden is excellent.

*leans in to the mic*
Wrong

She Past Away is pretty good

youtu.be/sMPd9QoVfVA

Yachty is literally music for white girls

ooh, yeah, this is nice

For those of you who don't want to contribute money to p4k

web.archive.org/web/20170109214316/http://pitchfork.com/features/rising/10001-tears-of-a-dirtbag-rapper-lil-peep-is-the-future-of-emo/

and whats lil peep???????????????????????????

either or. Love T4F's, haven't eard talk talk or Neon Golden but i'll check em out for sure

thanksssssssss

music for white girls who wear chokers and adidas

but thats grime

nobody listens to grime

lil yatchy
lil uzi vert
lil reese
lil wayne
etc

wrong, he has a lot of bad songs but some are actually fun and enjoyable and he's charming/enjoyable on a purely personal level, which is what I was referring to.

This whiney fuck is quite obviously a toxic individual unless the interview is meant as a bizarre backwards teardown of his character. Plus his music uniformly sucks. First white guy to appropriate black AND white music at once, at least in the rap game

nobody likes YungJZAisDead?
youtube.com/watch?v=EEdWdzid0TE

goofier than those though. white meme rappers always have names like "Lil TurboTax" or "Lil Volcano the Reaper" or "Lil Hamburgler"

More like lil faggot

has pitchfork stooped this low?

This is the first I've ever heard of him

p4k is writing the canon of music for the modern zeitgeist and they know it

they're like satan

this upsets me

Only like half of Neon Golden at most is dance-able though

he wasnt referring to emo