ITT: when a good band quits being good

ITT: when a good band quits being good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_XIrniuy-Y4
youtu.be/PuGQuLrDtGU
youtube.com/watch?v=HVMR1HWODT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 death kids defence force

When this album first came out it was constant praise, and even amonth later you all still liked it.

But now I'm seeing daily threads saying this album was horrible.

I completely disagree, flatlander and zach hill are still making innovative amazing beats and rides delivery was great as always.

Literally their third best album

Pic. VERY. Related.

I've only listened to TMS, how bad is Bottomless Pit?

kek
GREAT thread

it's their least interesting album

it's their worst
though some underages like it

>trap beats are innovative now
having a good laughter at the moment

this

>innovative amazing beats
half of this thing is edgy trap rap
3 songs are nu-metal
how is this innovative?

I don't really consider their beats to be trap. It strays pretty far from the cliches of trap. Yes, there are rapid high hats and 808's but they do a lot more and interesting things with those sounds than what you would hear from something shitty like famous dex.

this
makes me wonder why Sup Forums hates $uicideboy$, they make the same edgy trap rap

Are you kidding? They're completely different in comparison.

nice bait kek

The only difference is that $uicideboy$ also have some 3 6 mafia influence but they're really not that different overall

You're trying to tell me that this

youtu.be/_XIrniuy-Y4

sounds like this

youtu.be/PuGQuLrDtGU

contrarianism on Sup Forums is one of the eternal constants of the universe

>exmilitary is released
Wow this is cool I haven't heard anything really like it personally
>tms is released
Wow this is cool they took their formula for the last album but made it more "electronic" sounding

>band pretends to break up like 3 times
> one edgy publicity stunt after another

I literally haven't heard an album past nldw and I don't care too. Those guys were clearly just a novelty. A trend.

When I said that gp is trap rap? I was talking about bp

NOTM is their best, you're missing out

Still, that comparison it's far off. Death Grips is far from the generic trap sound suicideboys use.

They're more comparable to pan sonic or something like that.

>They're more comparable to pan sonic or something like that.
spotted a death grips fag

Is that really a problem? Pan Sonic is also great in my opinion.

kek'd

>that comparison it's far off.
not really

>Death Grips is far from the generic trap sound suicideboys use
not on bottomless pit

lol.

the problem is that dg make edgy pop music and sound nothing like pan sonic

My Pan Sonic comparison isn't that far off.

youtube.com/watch?v=HVMR1HWODT4

The only comparable thing suicideboys and death grips have is the use of 808's and similar high hats. Death Grips uses more disonant spuradic melodies whereas suicideboys use repetitive horror-like melodies.

Their drum patterns are also very different. Suicideboys use long hitting 808's and evenly placed snares and glitchy high hats.

Death Grips use fast hitting basslines that are almost abstract in their placement and same goes for snares, the hats though are similar.

this post doesn't prove that bp is not edgy trap rap nor suicideboys aren't, it's pretty fucking obvious that some technical things are different, but overall they're quite similar

>implying melodies on bp are not repetitive
listen to instrumentals if you can't hear it on regular, but maybe you're just too fucking obsessed to hear it

>The only comparable thing suicideboys and death grips have is the use of 808's and similar high hats
not the only, the structure is also simillar except the fact that ride's rapping alone, also lyrics are similarly edgy and have an agsty teens appeal

sometimes it's fun how you death grips fags are deluded, it's easy to compare you to waifufags

The melodies you hear in Suicideboys songs are far more repetitive than Death Grips melodies. Lot's of suicideboys tracks have one looping melody, whereas Death Grips have multiple melodies throughout their songs.

The lyrics are completely different as well. Do I even have to explain? Subject matter in Death Grips range from a lot of different topics and emotions. Suicideboys strictly rap about killing, drugs, and the many trap rap stereotypes.

It's like you guys are hearing completely different shit from me. Maybe because I make music I can pick up on this stuff but I am not understanding where any of you are coming from.

But thats their best album

Reporting for duty
BP is easily their flowiest album, trading intensity for grooves. Lyrically it is still true DG, while in this album being the most aware that they are a meme music act.

>Incapable of experiencing hype any more.

tru

that's a pretty odd argment, given that that album is the one that borrows from the previous records in the discography the heaviest; a strange point to begin not liking them

you're missing out, everything they did after TMS is better than TMS

They released one of their all-time best songs as a single, then made the rest of the album bland

is this a meme? why do so many people have this opinion. this album is more creative, better produced, and way more varied and a total level above her previous work. sorry she's not singing softly over cheesy synth sounds anymore

It's very death grips. it's them doing contemporary music in their style, purposefully re-hashing their old albums styles in a clean, pop manner. It doesn't really introduce anything new like their other albums, it's purposefully meant to sound soulless, slick and empty. it's a parody of where they are in their career right now, look at the lyrics of spikes to see what I mean.

like the whole point of this album is a statement on whether or not death grips will be able to last long as a concept, once they run out of directions to go with their music

Kek

This is true