Can we get a feels thread going? I maybe developing sczitzophrenia and I don't really know what to do...

Can we get a feels thread going? I maybe developing sczitzophrenia and I don't really know what to do, I absolutely refuse to ruin my mind with prescription drugs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-M8GszEN9MM
medicinenet.com/taste_disorders/article.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Use meth. It's not a prescription mind-control drug, so you're good. Society frowns on meth users because meth can help you see through the lies.

Auditory hallucinations?

And rampant paranoia

Maybe the thought that prescription medicine will ruin your mind also comes from paranoia? If you find the right medicine you can live a normal life. Also, psychotherapy might be an option to learn to better cope with the paranoia and learn how to distract yourself from the auditory hallucinations.

That can't be pleasant. Just a thought, but maybe you could try researching what antipsychotic drugs do at a chemical level? I don't have the patience for that, but I take antipsychotic drugs, and I feel a lot more composed. I'm not schizophrenic, but I have been psychotic.

>ruin my mind with antipsychotic drugs
Enjoy ever worsening schizophrenia because you're too "redpilled" to understand chemistry.

If you're lucky, you'll attack someone when you have your first psychotic episode and said victim will have a gun on them.

missed the baaawwww threads

Maybe it is paranoia. But at the same time, I also feel as though I'm being paranoid about being paranoid. When I walk around my university campus I see people talking but I can't hear their voices at first then I try and concentrate really hard and that's when the voices that I know are not there start.

psychosis usually develops because of the way your genes are hardwired. OP may also be going through stress and or depression. exercise is a great remedy, prescription meds work fine as long as you dont rely on them heavily and use them accordingly to how bad you think your problem really is.

A good attitude and a healthy diet is all you really need

Kek, bad idea.

> Generalized Anxiety Disorder
> not nearly as bad

Shit, the fact that its actually difficult to breath because of my chronic panic attacks. I love anxiety and persistent panic attacks that are debilitating.

I think you're very right, it could be stress related. I moved to an entire new state to attend university school work has always been a breeze for me and it still is, but I left behind all of my friends, and I don't really have anyone here I can rely on anymore.

Most schizophrenics hear voices, but at the same time, most people who hear voices aren't schizophrenic.

Me too i think everyone is out to rob or kill me like everyone outside my house is a predator

I miss you Laurel,
I know we are still "Together" but it's only a matter of time. I love you and I know you'll be fine when I'm gone I just hope the next guy is better then me.

Get a concealed firearms permit.

If you know they are not there then it's not auditory hallucinations retard. The defining characteristic is that you can't determine whether they are real or not.

i would be shooting any nigger who walks by my car. i swear man i just wanna stab anyone who walks near me

Are you implying that would be a problem?

I know they're not real because the people far away from earshot but I still hear them.

haha holy trips of truth i guess not

I get both user but refuse to go back to the psychologist. The original diagnosis was manic depressive with deep rooted paranoia. As said hopefully i get ded so i don't have to deal with it anymore. Drinking keeps the vouces at bay though.

thats fucking cool dude what are you talking about

I have schizoaffective disorder AKA bipolar w/ psychosis. especially delusions and paranoia. OCD intrusive thought type too (sexual violence, incest, torture, etc...). It gets better when they get the right med cocktail. took me about 4 years to recover. normal fag now, career, gf, cat, college grad/

Again, if you can tell that they are not real then it's not psychotic or hallucinatory.

Oh phew looks like we have a real doctor in here guys

no.

OP have you done any drugs recently which could trigger paranoia? If not -

Time and experience can help you a lot, depending on if you learn to live with symptoms of a mental disorder. Like another said in here exercise is great, but it will not cure. Same with medications, they can be helpful tools if you find something that works well for you, but mostly they mask your experience they don't cure things either. Remember to keep your cool if you can, try to not jump to conclusions (hey I still do too it's hard not to) and if you can I would suggest meditation with the goal of acceptance being a target.

Don't fear the stigma as well, if you trust anyone enough then please talk to them about what you're experiencing. Don't tell them everything but do try to talk about this with someone. Though, if your goal is to stay out of a mental hospital then you'd need to make sure you can trust who you talk to not to try to put you in one. Oh, this is country dependent I assume you're in the US. It's not that bad in the hospital, really, but I don't know anyone who's enjoyed their time in one.

I'll post more if you want and I can think of anything or if you have questions.

You gotta watch out for their truth serum though.

Yes retard, that's how it works. They are called hallucinations for a reason.

Ruin your mind with drugs? Nigga if you are scitzo your mind is already ruined. Just be glad you live in an age where you can be cured and not electroshocked

You're being really defensive over a point you're wrong about. You can have hallucinations regardless of if you believe they are really there or not. That aspect of a hallucination is not the important part. The fact that you need to get your panties all twisted and name call about something you're ignorant of seems to me to say that you're someone who has a lot of issues themselves. Or maybe my college courses in psychology have just fed me lies, who knows. It's also rather rude of you, unhelpful.

No, retard. Hallucinations, as in the ones schizos hear, ARE perceived as real. That's the most important part. People with all manner of psychiatric disorders can hear things that aren't there, but the ability to understand those noises are not real is what separates psychotic symptoms (auditory hallucinations) from distortions or disruptions (walls breathing during an episode of derealization for example).

what you quoted, at lest the highlighted part you name caller does not say a damn thing about them being perceived as real. It says that they have the qualities that would make people assume they are real.

If you experience it and nobody else does what is it then genius?

Not real, hence why they're called hallucinations. The person experiencing them does believe that they are real.
I don't know what else to say to you. You're wrong. Schizos believe what they are hearing or at least cannot rule out that what they are hearing is real.

wow the tons of doctors who diagnosed me must have just been idiots.

Here's an example.

While I was out smoking just now, I tasted a lemon flavor. This taste was indistinguishable from tasting an actual lemon flavored shit like lemonade. I KNOW there wasn't an actual lemon in my mouth. Now you go split hairs and tell me which category of a hallucination/illusion/distortion that is, then.

Not anything of psychiatric concern. False equivalence isn't an argument.

The truth is, there is no lemon. It is not the lemon you are tasting, it is only yourself.

how is that false equivalence exactly?

>Comparing a key feature of a psychotic illness and almost unheard of in healthy people to phantom tastes that almost every human has
It's not the same at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=-M8GszEN9MM

Cope with it my nigga, nothing you can really do besides being 24/7 drugged

Just bare the lies through this lifetime whilst trying to figure out a solution, we will one day rid ourselves from these fearful and blind people but we need to make them understand. The truth will be once again
Eternal love brother

>Scientists believe that up to 15 percent of adults might have a taste or smell problem, but many don't seek a doctor's help.

medicinenet.com/taste_disorders/article.htm

15% isn't almost everyone.

Neo

>Taste or smell problems
>The same as tasting something that isn't in your mouth rarely because of something else (phantom taste)
Literally exactly what I just said isn't an argument. What you are doing is like saying that if you've ever experienced the sensation of touch on your legs while nothing was touching them then you should see a neurologist because you might have a neuromuscular disease. It's fucking dumb and wrong and you know it.

>be me
>depressed as fuck
>no gf , family hates, about to be kicked out of apartment
>decide I've had enough
>decide hanging myself is as good a way to go as any
>wrote a note about general beta shit
>stand on chair
>inhale, exhale, bang. Chair hits the floor.
>mother opens the door
>we get on the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur

it's a hallucination. The exact cause of it wasn't important, again you fail to see the truly important aspect and nit-pick as some inane details to what's being discussed. Also since we're doing this, strawmam.

I move the knight to s4.

It's not a hallucination because you didn't believe it to be objective reality.

I had cancer at the age of 2, it gave me a rough time, but I was able to beat it. It did however leave me with problems that emotionally and physically drag me down everyday.
My problems are:
>Horners syndrome
>Hypothyroidism
>Scoliosis
>An indented right shoulder
>A smaller right arm
>Indented right chest wall
>A right lung that isn't worth having
And that's pretty much my major problems
When I was younger I never really noticed these problems but as I grew older they pronounced and became worse and worse. I don't even really see myself anymore every time I look in the mirror I see my deformities, everyday I wake up I don't think about life I think about my drawbacks. Going out I can't help but feel like everyone is just looking at my deformities, clothes shopping I loathe because nothing ever looks right. I physically cannot have fun with anyone without stopping or taking a break cause it hurts to much or I'm gasping for air. I don't go out because of this and every night and day I just waste it, I pretty much waste my life away because there is no such thing as looking normal for me, there's no such thing as having fun normally for me. It's nothing but insecurity, bitterness for the people who are normal, and loneliness because no one would want someone like me

*sigh*

I didn't believe there was an actual lemon in my mouth but I believed something else, that a headmate had some lemonade. There is very much the belief, and maybe I should have originally stated this, that there was a real cause of it.

proof ? Never heard of a case so severe

What is a headmate?

I've also been getting auditory hallucinations only I think it might be something called musical ear syndrome. It's disconcerting though.

it's slang for voice in your head that's persistent and you believe to be another person you share thoughts with.

You believe that, in objective reality, you have another person inside your head that you share thoughts with?

no, how the fuck would they fit inside my head?

Schizo fag here. I strongly dislike the drugs they prescribe(besides ones for anxiety, and im not talkin' benzos either). How do I cope? Barely. And, only through heavily medicating myself. Self medication. Lots of narcotics and alcohol. There is hope, son. It's what i keep telling myself anyway. Suicide is for retards and cowards. I want to die a lot of the time. Some of the time not. And that is why it's not so bad. For the short while i don't want to kill myself everyday. Also, frequenting this board, or website for that matter, is ill advised.
Godspeed and self medicate yourself, friend.

You know what I meant.

My balls are itchy now but I think that's all me.

Here's my shoulder

you're full of shit, friend. I'm not hatin' man, but, you're full of shit.

If you're going to be a retard then I'm done with you.

Could that be it I kinda don't wanna do anymore

are you c survivor poster or another user?

if you are c survivor, then keep em coming there might be some kind of treatment via surgery, what have you tried to repare this ?

I am I just forgot to put them together when posting and I guess I can try for others it might take a minute, but they do look on fixing it, it's just that it's complicated because the work they would have to do is a long process

In third grade, someone left a bag of gumballs on my desk on valentine's day and a note saying "from your secret admirer". It was the only time in my life someone has ever expressed romantic interest in me and I never found out who it was. On reflection, I wouldn't be surprised if it was some weird joke or out of pity.

Here's my back

Here's my chest

Paranoid schizo here &_& I've been off medications beside a benzo for 3 years. It's highly possible to get off meds, but it took me accepting that I was mentally fucked with schizophrenia and let go of "wanting to be normal again."
Some of those antipsychotics are REALLY bad for you and NO you're not being paranoid.
I've had so many bad side effects on many different medications before I quit anti psychotics.

Hey Sup Forums parents had a big fight today, I was about to sleep and my mom got a text from my aunts husband and supposedly my dad called her a whore....its 1 am and they were screaming, honestly im not sad at this point. I feel like they should just divorce each other. My mom is very fucking bipolar and she keeps crying and getting mad over everything. Doesn't help that I am an asshole but my dad decided to leave on his truck and find someplace to sleep. Now it turns out my mom is ALSO leaving me and my sister alone in this house. Great. I know no one cares but it feels good letting it out all.

Do you have any problems when doing exercise or working out in general ?

Depends, I can't raise my right arm at a full 180 angle I can maybe get it to 60-ish degrees, my whole right side has muscle issues so picking up things or lifting is hard (a ten pound weight is hard for me to curl for reference). Depending my back can get in the way of things like I can't really arch without hurting and standing tall or anything after awhile hurts like hell, even walking or standing gets to me. Then there's running and such, if it's too much I end up huffing and puffing and feeling as though I'm gonna pass out.

I always told myself i wouldnt take drugs to fix my brain because i never thought it could get bad enough for me to need them.

natural ways like a good diet and exercise work to a point.

If it really gets bad though don't talk yourself out of taking them.

I caved and saw a psychiatrist and a few months later i'm doing WAY better. I hate that it took drugs for me to feel better but im glad i have them.

But then teeth are fukd

If it gets you that much why dont you start with treatment/therapies/surgery ASAP?

i have the same thing, my doc won't prescribe benzos like xanax and i don't know how to convince him to do it. The meds he has me on do help a lot i have to admit

>sczitzophrenia
>ruin my mind with prescription drugs
little late there my main man.

Just remember if all else fails, you can always kill yourself.

I am in physical therapy right now, thing is it doesn't just happen in one week. After that I'm gonna have full reconstruction surgery back alignment, they're gonna end up breaking my ribs on my right side and putting in metal chest expanders and maybe even taking out my right lung since it provides little to no use. I'll pretty much live in a hospital soon after that point and have maybe 2 to 3 years of recovery which is even "better"

Drank like 8 cups of ice coffee cuz there was a 2.5 gallon bag of it in the fridge. Ate Vietnamese food and now my asshole is more ablaze than the ancestors of the gooks that made my food. Feel4me pls

Things like this break down a man theres no need to hide it, you may be bordeline suicidal at this point, just imagine seeing yourself bedbound and exposed to others in ways that make you unconfortable.
But then thats life and there's nothing wrong with wanting to be normal and just live your life like anyone else.

Im just saying this cause i think you hadnt undergone treatment because you are afraid, takes courage to live you sure know that by now, and just like that change is another different beast

In some cases I guess you could say I am afraid. I don't wanna waste away in a hospital bed for a year or more and I don't want to relearn how to walk, move, and pretty much live a normal life again I've done it once already and that case wasn't nearly as bad as this. Plus I mean I'll be undergoing treatment no matter what really it's just that with the way I am they aren't for sure on where to start and what really to do I mean they have that plan I said before but seeing as how to execute it is a different story

I'm scared as fuck to share with anyone any of my issues for fears of much worse than mandated prescriptions.
Yall Fuckers did it for me and more.

2 weeks after getting over a lifelong fear of getting kidnapped, it happened.
Actually back sitting in my childhood room fucking wondering if I should have just stayed and remained where it was safe.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

What happened OP did a girl break ur heart and u thought too hard about it and now u need to pretend ur Batman so she will like u

This user is fag.

I've gone through same shit and I run miles (literally) daily.

Typical shrink recommendation. Fuck shrinks!

This happened to me

>"redpilled" to understand chemist

People on 'maintenance doses' of antipsychotics do worse than people who avoid them. Also have a life expectancy of about 50.

You could try pot, it mellows you out and as long as you're optimistic then your thoughts shouldn't kill you.

exact same shit here. Strange things you seemed having at the same time as your mate and then you can't proove it because of the fear of asking... Or just paranoia

Smelling a strange odor right now, i don't even know what it is.
Also the impression of feeling long hairs on my shoulders even thoughts i've never had long hairs.

real feels are real

Hell no weed will fuck you up more if youre already goin crazy

the way its written it seems like a bad joke and that you had bad breath

what are you delusion or hallucination if you don't mind?