I don't know what your beliefs are, but I want to share my faith with you...

I don't know what your beliefs are, but I want to share my faith with you. Faith in God and his Son can bring you joy and happiness. God loves us. He sent his Son to die for us so that our sins could be forgiven. Even if you are skeptical, please take a look at this page with an open mind.

jesusisprecious.org/fundamentals/how_to_be_saved.htm

1. All have sinned and therefore cannot enter into Heaven on their own accord

Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”

Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”

2. There is a price on our sin―eternal death in Hell. The Lake of Fire

Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

3. Jesus lived a sinless life and shed his blood on the cross so we could be forgiven.

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”

4. Through faith ALONE we are immediately saved.

John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”

Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Atheism/atheism.htm
answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/
abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time
icr.org/article/842/-happened/story?id=17884533
youtube.com/watch?v=DmenIE0Dpxs
www1.cbn.com/biblestudy/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-by-jesus
essentialbibleblog.com/2013/03/top-10-reasons-bible-is-true.html
jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Curtis_Hutson/danger_of_delay.htm
jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/why_do_i_only_read_the_king_james.htm
carm.org/christianity/christian-doctrine/why-did-jesus-have-die-our-sins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yo this is Sup Forums

you're on a list now and someone, somewhere, is fapping furiously in your direction

Religion has caused nothing but the hindrance of humanity's progress and the suffering and killings of innocents. Your "God" can't save anything. Your "God" doesn't exist. Your "God" is the root and stem of all evil.

Amen

HAIL SATAN FAGGOT

/thread

Underage b&

Underage b&

You have a very myopic understanding of history

your god is full of Hypocrisy

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." —Psalm 14:1

Atheism is a belief system that ardently denies the existence of God. God calls the atheist a FOOL! Many atheists spend much time and effort attempting to "disprove" that God exists. According to Romans Chapter 1, they know that He exists, but they want to control their own lives and not submit to the Lord. They are actually rather tragic figures, just like any other unsaved individual. It is hard to live out their atheism--if they did, they'd actually be considered crazy like O'Hair was.

The atheist's RELIGION (which is simply a system of beliefs based on a philosophy) of atheism is simply a way to try to block out and override the truth--the ol' ostrich-head-in-the-sand technique:

If you try to tell 'em the truth, they say "Shut up!"

Most atheists have what I call the Don Quixote Syndrome. Let me explain. Cervantes wrote a book about Don Quixote a long time ago. Don Quixote would attack windmills as if they were his enemies. Of course a windmill is nobody's enemy. If what the atheist believes is REALLY his belief, then he would leave people like me alone. After all, if God did not exist, He and His followers would be no enemy to the atheist. We'd just be deluded people.

Therefore IF the atheist REALLY believes there is no God and the fool attacks a Christian, then he has the Don Quixote Syndrome because the Christian is not his enemy. Nevertheless, God is real and THAT is why atheists have all these organizations and debates to "prove" that God does not exist. Atheist reader, if you would just be true to what you purport to believe, then you wouldn't have the Don Quixote Syndrome.

My old pastor once ministered to an old atheist who had been a card-carrying atheist for decades--but as he laid on his death bed, he wanted a pastor. I don't know if he got saved or not. When it's time to die, many atheists are understandably uneasy and those that aren't should be terrified.

There is hope for the atheist. He can be saved. In fact, there are plenty of atheists that have come to Jesus Christ. I refuse to argue with them, but will answer honest questions. Unfortunately, many atheists ignorantly say hard things against the Lord Jesus Christ and His people. Don't let fancy titles and big words shake your faith in the One who holds your eternal destiny.

Think about this: What does the atheist have to offer you? Eternal life? Spiritual comfort? Love? Kindness? Comfort in the midnight hour when no one is around? No, none of these. He has nothing to offer you but blasphemy, hell-fire and the wrath of God.

if we can't disprove go, why don't you try and prove god

too bad i don't want to be saved i would rather be happy and free then believe in a book full of lies and hate

You said you will answer questions.

One of the things that has always bothered me is Noah's ark. Can you explain how Noah fit 2 of every animal from all over the world on a boat?

>What does the atheist have to offer you? Eternal life? Spiritual comfort? Love? Kindness? Comfort in the midnight hour when no one is around? No, none of these.

so christianity's a matrix blue pill then

prove that christianity is the right religion and the thousands of other religious beliefs are wrong

How does someone figure out which holy book is true, out of all that have been written? Can your method of deciding be tested?

If not, what does that say about the reliability of that method?

It must have been a big ark.

Evidence of the flood:

answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/

abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time

icr.org/article/842/-happened/story?id=17884533

No proof of evolution:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmenIE0Dpxs

Get real. AIG and icr.org?!??! You really don't know much, do you?

3. Jesus lived a sinless life and shed his blood on the cross so we could be forgiven.

So I am already forgiven. What you whining about then!

If heaven was real, why would anyone want to go there? It would be filled with annoying assholes like OP.

Just wanted to say that I am a past Christian working my way through life.
I know my place, but I am just working things out on my own for now.

Let these people hate. One day, they will regret their decisions. (as will I, I am sure)

But thanks for having the gut to throw yourself into the pit of hell (Sup Forums) to make a few of those that bother to even look, think about what they are doing in life.
I see you. You have been acknowledged.

Samefag

>It must had been a big ark

For you.

to bad people will never realize that if there is a god we are nothing but sheep to him he neither loves us nor hates us we are animals to be killed for him in the end we are livestock

The Bible has never been disproved.

The old testament was written hundreds of years before Jesus was born. He fulfilled over 300 prophecies. He fulfilled all the prophecies of the messiah. "1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies: 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies: 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power 1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies: Only Jesus!"

www1.cbn.com/biblestudy/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-by-jesus

Why trust the Bible?

Here are several reasons why:

essentialbibleblog.com/2013/03/top-10-reasons-bible-is-true.html

1. Manuscript Evidence
2. Archaeological Evidence
3. Eyewitness Accounts
4. Corroborating Accounts
5. Literary Consistency
6. Prophetic Consistency
7. Expert Scrutiny
8. Leader Acceptance
9. Global Influence
10. Changed Lives.

You need to believe upon Him as your Lord and Savior. To repent means to change your mind. You need to repent and change your mind towards God.

I wish you did not feel that way user.
Everyone has their own walk in life though.
Look at me, where I am at. Can't say I am very holy tight now.

At least I can admit to my faults.
Regardless of religion or god(s), we all could admit to out faults and become better people.

This board needs more threads like these, just like the old Sup Forums.

And admitting that I am in no way a good Christian in my current state...
I love to rub peoples fur the wrong way so . . . . . . . .

Sup Forums is for Sup Forumsible
LOL
Mystery solved.

That's not true. God loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son to die for our sins.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

God doesn't want anyone to go to Hell. He wants them to turn to Christ. He is a generous and loving God.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

That's not to say that you shouldn't be afraid. We are supposed to have the fear of the Lord in us. It is foolish to evoke God's wrath.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)

I understand your ideas and faith but you must understand that Sup Forums isn't the place for religious posting especially Christianity.

I'm going to add this:

God is a jealous God. He wants you to worship Him. He doesn't like it when people worship other Gods than Him. We were made in His image, so it's entirely understandable..

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
(Exodus 34:14)

I really am in disbelief at how civil this thread has remained.
Everyone else passed out drunk? Hahahaha

You are absolutely right, this is Sup Forums.
Floor Sup Forums to be exact.
Know what Sup Forums is for?
R A N D O M

You do not get to decide what gets posted or not.
At least this is better than 99% of the rest of the trash that is spammed every day.
You have to at least agree with that.

You're wrong. God instructs us to share the faith and to preach to all the nations. This message is especially for those who don't know or believe.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:14)

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)

If I was lost and without Jesus I would want someone to share the message with me. I don't want to suffer in Hell for eternity. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. Sorry if it offends you but it's the truth. You've been warned.

This is for you. Please take a look, friend.

jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Curtis_Hutson/danger_of_delay.htm

I hope you read from the KJV.
KJV was already construed poorly from the Greek and Hebrew.
All newer translations have only made it worse.

Only the KJV can be taken seriously with both literal and spiritual meanings.
When you do not understand a particular passage, speak to Jesus and he will make all clear.

Yes I am very well aware of the risks I take.
I have been taught well. Just needed to see the dark side of the world for a while to help me appreciate where I came from.

But I do appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness.
Bless you user.

Boo OP is faggot

Thanks for the advice! A lot of people don't know it.

I read this article a while back.

jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/why_do_i_only_read_the_king_james.htm

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but you should become saved today, right now if you aren't already. Don't procrastinate.

We are saved through faith alone. Not through good deeds, lack of sin, or self righteousness.

I'm a priest thank you for spreading this message.

Lol op r u just trying to make money off the advertising

I will bet you are a paedophile.
Aren't you?
End the god illusion and free yourself from shame

I don't own the site. I don't know the author of those articles. Are you being serious or are you joking?

Nope, pedophilia is vile. One of the worst if not the worst sin. Why would you think that?

Christians actually believe that their religion, unlike every other religion, is completely original and not derived of other religions before it.

This is despite the fact that their religion is among the newest of the hundreds, if not thousands found on earth, AND that it directly derives itself from Catholicism- which they deny adamantly and recognize as a cult.

There are so many high functioning lunatics in America, it's no wonder our election has boiled down to two snakes in human form.

I grew up a devout Christian. My entire life was lived by strict rules.
There are many many Christians that falter and lose their way after living such a life.
It drives them to the point of insanity.

My goal is to experience part of the dark of the world, so that I appreciate my origins more.
I have not lost my sight or faith. Like I stated before, I know my place.
Jesus has not given up on me. There have been many chances for my life to end, and He let me know it to. I guess it's His way of keeping in touch.

I have a master plan in the back of my head. Goals that I want to meet, to grow as a person and become a better man.
I firmly believe that He looks down on my heart and sees my good intentions. That is why I still stand here today.
You sound like you are a new to Christ.
That is good. Very good. But let me give you some advice...

We can tell others about Jesus all day long. Most of them will regret the slightest mention of Christianity.
Be a living example. Your actions speak louder than any words ever could.
People will come up to you and ask questions, without you ever saying a word.

I speak from experience. Let His light shine through your actions, not your words.

Why did jesus had to die to absolve us from our sins? I don't get it, this doesn't make sense. If god wanted to forgive us, he didn't had to kill his pretended son to do so. This is nonsense.

Except that your line of reasoning makes no god damn sense. Atheists aren't fighting god, they are fighting religion, wich is indeed some deluded people and have a very heavy impact on everyone life

One of the most basic beliefs of Christianity is that all human beings are inherently bad, and that being a Christian is really the only way to be truly good. I mean, how fucking dense are you people?

The most attractive aspect of Christianity is that it allows its members to cope with guilt by shifting the blame for their actions to a foreign entity- i.e. the devil.

Thanks for the advice. God bless.

Here is the answer. Please take a look. It is much easier for me if you read this article than if I type it all out.I agree with it completely and really hope you take a look. It's not very long.

carm.org/christianity/christian-doctrine/why-did-jesus-have-die-our-sins

"Sees my good intentions" you are clearly coping with a guilt complex. Throw out your magic book and go ask a therapist for help. It's not too late to be a normal person. You're insufferable to most anyone in your life, whether anyone of them has the language skills to say it. You cunt.

Guys, chill.
I can not speak for the OP, but I can speak for myself.
I am not Baptist, Catholic, Trinity, or Oneness.
I do not follow "Religion". Religion has become what everyone hates. All the evil that has been committed under the name of GOD.

I would suggest you all give it a second look.
Read and think. Come to your own conclusions. This is YOUR walk, not the walk the man behind the pulpit tells you to walk.

Speak with Him when you need guidance.
He will help you through rough times and understand the unknown.
I do not like to preach to others what I know.
I let others approach me to ask why I seem different. And I can tell you, that has been many over the years.

"Ask why I seem different." Superiority complex supplied with enough denial to fuel the Holocaust

You can try to offend me all you like.
And yes I like to scrap. Also like to get under peoples skin. Something I need to work on.

All I can say is, I pity you.
Maybe some day, you will see differently.
At least keep an open mind, for your sake.
That is all.

Let me ask you one more question Mr Christian before you go if I may

Keeping an open mind would imply that you have looked into others ideals and confronted them with reason. A religious person saying that is hypocritical.

Don't put him on the defensive, this is probably one of the only opportunities he will ever have to escape this neurotic loop of denial and self reassurance. Let me handle this, guy.

My question is simple and it shouldn't require much thought on your end.

Trying to reason with the unreasonable is silly. To me the religious has served it's purpose as schadenfreude.

Quit speaking nazi you fucking skinhead and let me try. I have an idea.

You arent happy nor truly free. Either way we are all slaves, one kills, one saves.

What is there to be happy about in this world in its abundance of lies? What is it to be a man or successful in this world? The very standards most people live by revolve around selfish fulfillment and self desire. I would rather know truth than lie to myself and be lied to.

The simple fact is, unless you have poor understand of the Gospel, the message in the bible shows tolerance and love to all. The Imago Dei states that human intrinsic value is far greater than anything else simply because we are made in the image of him. Whats black? Whats white or yellow? Skin color doesn't matter, we are all made equally and all sin equally.

And lets understand something very important. While we believe the bible is the written word of God we do not "believe" in a book. We believe in God, and we believe he divinely inspired men to write this book.

>idea
>nazi
I have one too, the showers.

All religious nuts are sexually shamed

As effective as the showers have proven to be, I'm worried they wont fall for it again.

Not OP. The idea is humans are bad - we make the wrong choices everyday, and ultimately deserve death. Jesus, who has never done the wrong thing, dies as a sacrifice in your place. He pretty much takes the bullet.

this exact same fucking thread was up here the other day

both posted word for word by the same baiting faggot.

>worshipping the kike god

Doesn't that seem like an even more shameless and abhorrent cop out from guilt? It does to everyone who doesn't buy it. Which is to say, almost all scientists and almost no prisoners.

The concept is already fundamentally wrong. Humans are not to blame for there incorrect choices when they were by religious belief; created by God.

Christianity is the only belief system where your salvation doesnt hinge on you, it hinges on God. All other religions fall into the pit fall that you must clean up your act and prove yourself, what happens when you mess up? Are you worthy? Where you ever worthy?

God saves whom he chooses not off your own merits are your own abilities to save but because he selected you. This pulls the emphasis off yourself and onto him in a way that cant be done otherwise.

All other religions have a God or multiple Gods to serve a purpose like rain or sunshine. The God of the bible didnt have to save us, yet he did. He did knowing that when he created us we would rebel.

Did neither one of you read what I posted?
I do not follow "religion". I follow what my heart says and what the man upstairs has revealed to me.

I've seen plenty debates on theories behind religion and beliefs.
As for being a hypocrite, I explicitly do not tell people I am Christian for the exact reason.

As for being high and mighty, never said that once. That was YOUR accusation.
I am far from what most would consider a Christian. At least from where I come from.

Truly ashamed of my current position, but I do it for an end goal.

Like... you're not wrong, OP. This works for you. Maybe in some vague, metaphorical, beyond-human-language sort of way, it works for everyone.

But words mean different things to different people, man.

Even if you found the earliest original Dead Sea Scrolls, or the Sumerian texts on which most of the Hebraic religious writings on which the Bible was based, and you were able to read it, you still don't know that the way you understand it is the way that someone else would.

Your heart's in the right place, man. I really think that.

But please. Realize that what you're trying to do is basically take the place of the God that you're attempting to introduce people to.

That's sort of presumptuous, don't you think?

I'm sure you'll write me off as some atheist denier, or some other meaningless label that affords you the ability to ignore the truth that some small part of you must recognize, and that's fine.

I'm only writing this in the hopes that somewhere, deep inside you, you'll realize that you've already won, and that the things beyond this world of which we cannot speak are already manifest in everything we will ever do.

And that might bring you comfort.

Everything else is just arguing over semantics.'

[bonus: captcha was selecting pasta. FSM must be laughing somewhere]

Salvation by predestination is another way of saying narcissistic personality disorder and mortality denial complex

So because I've been arbitrarily judged guilty and sentenced to death, some random asshole comes along and takes responsibility for my "crimes"?

Try imagining that anywhere else. Some guy strolls into a death row prison and shouts "hey everyone. you're all absolved! I'll get executed in your place and you can all go free!"

So basically I'm guilty without having ever seen a trial, being able to face my accuser, or defend myself....and on top of that, my supposed guilt has somehow been given to someone else without my consent.

I call bullshit.

Cop out? Maybe. I've know Christians who keep being dicks and use Jesus as their personal get out of jail free card. But if you are convinced, you should feel like you've gotta get your life sorted to give back for him taking the bullet. I think that makes sense, but I see where you're coming from

Whatever you choose to word it is irrelevant, words are mere constructs of man. If man decides what you call "your heart" as religion, it is defined as so.

Think of it as a game of chess, what you are doing is inventing a new piece and calling it "Muh God" and saying you win just by having it.

You're not different, you aren't suddenly not a hypocrite because you don't follow certain pieces. You're just the same kind of moron with a different label.

Incorrect. This is what modern "Religion" would you believe.

At some point your mercy WILL run out,
That is something we all need to fear, if it is not too late already.

Funny thing you should mention that, the man that wrote that book "The God Illusion" near the end of his life realized he was wrong and proclaimed him.

Yeah but what about my question tho

Means to an end motherfucker, means to an end. Religion is a way to control omen, children, and bitch ass men, nothing more.

>He did knowing that when he created us we would rebel

So basically he entrapped us. He knew full well we'd "fuck up" and went ahead with it all anyway.

That doesn't fly in our legal system, so why does God get to do it?

We're being entrapped and then forced to take a plea deal in the form of accepting some religion otherwise we get punished for our crime.

Does this level of logical nonsense not enter into your head at all?

Guys, I can't keep up. Give me some time... lol

Maybe you should check the real name of the book before you spew useless trivia.

Yeah that's pretty much it hey. Can't blame you for thinking it's too good to be true - it's pretty damn good

this religion talk is so boring, better check my dubs instead

This post is so highly volatile its almost explosive.
Christian is a blanket term used for those who are supposed to follow Christ. Catholicism falls under the Christian blanket. As a whole, Christianity has been around since around 300 A.D. So im not sure where you are getting hundreds of years.

Moreover, Christianity mostly derives from Judaism, as Christ himself was a Jew.

There are many ignorant people in America. It's not wonder no one has a right understanding of the bible.

This. Gold.

>Can't blame you for thinking it's too good to be true - it's pretty damn good

What kind of Stockholm syndrome thinking is this?

Which version of the bibe are you referencing? Who wrote it? When was it written? Please cite references so I can fact check

It's a useful metaphor.

Humans have lied by pretending that they have a self, and that they are a consistent and stable consciousness.

But without doing that, you can't really stay in the same body your whole life.

That's what "original sin" is - the deception that we are separate beings.

The Christ is the transhuman singularity wherein we are all one species, and separations dissolve under the salvation of knowing that there is only one consciousness that pervades all, and that we experience ourselves only through others.

But that understanding is ego death, and ultimately requires the separation from our physical bodies. This is the crucifixion: a painful process of martyrdom wherein we suffer for no reason other than the breaking down of the ego we have necessarily built in order to maintain a stable self.

It intersects with any other religious text, really, because they're all saying the same thing.

Namaste and stuff.

Go to sleep brayden

I myself a panthiest believe any many logics; but I would never constrain my beliefs to an ideology that henders women useless and one that stones people for petty crime.

What question?