Hey Sup Forums, I can't really tell if I'm depressed or not, and what to do about my situation

Hey Sup Forums, I can't really tell if I'm depressed or not, and what to do about my situation.

I'm not like stuck in my bed with no will to do anything, but quite often I just get really "down". It's usually when I'm trying to get to sleep I guess. I just start thinking shitty thoughts and considering how easy just killing myself would be to get away from it all. When I wake up I'm good again for the day usually.

I guess I just have dark thought and I get overly bored of everything often. Is this what depression is? Would getting anti-depressants or something help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f0TMxz9BNDY
patient.info/doctor/patient-health-questionnaire-phq-9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping as in similar situation

It's not fun is it?

I've had suicidal thoughts for a majority of my life really, I've just mostly ignored them. I always thought depressions was where people just couldn't do anything because of feelings. I can at least still function regularly but also constantly hope to get murdered or get hit by a bus.

I feel you user

Depression isn't just feeling sad all the time, a lot of people who are depressed feel emptiness,anxiety, sadness and happiness all in different amounts,which can change all the time. if you're feeling like you want to kill yourself, try doing something productive (I know it's hard,I've been there and tried to kill myself) because it can act as a distraction from shitty thoughts. I've been on antidepressants also and wouldn't recommend them unless nothing else works.

>feel emptiness,anxiety, sadness and happiness all in different amounts,which can change all the time.

This is a description of my life.

You are experiencing the "pain-body" - a term not yet recognised yet by the current model of mental health.
Basically the pain-body is almost a living psychic entity that feeds on pain.

Eckhart Tolle coined the phrase:
youtube.com/watch?v=f0TMxz9BNDY

What if the symptoms lead to the actual issue and condition, though?

Why should new-agey pseudoscience be recognized as a mental health issue?

patient.info/doctor/patient-health-questionnaire-phq-9

fill in this questionnaire, faggot.

sleep disturbance can be a sign of depression. having said that, i used to think worst case scenarios almost as a thought exercise - like if gf was out with friends, 'oh, what if she cheated on me?' then i'd kinda extrapolate the thought until i genuinely felt shitty. not depression, just being a fucking tool. stopped doing it. much better.

Huh, thanks for this. 16/27, Moderately severe depression.

Now what should my next steps be? I've never fully discounted the idea of seeing a psychologist but I'd only want to talk to a more scientifically-based professional one. Not just some old lady who likes to talk about feelings.

Maybe I could try some nootropics that seems to help depression, like tianeptine or something. Maybe see how that goes before actually getting into anti-d's.

I got 22. Britfag so meds are free if I can get them. Going to go to the docs Monday but I don't even know what to say without them. Last time I went about this was a couple years ago and I was a teenager. So they basically told me to fuck off. Haven't wanted to go back since.

Any ideas what to say?

Why did they tell you that? Just say that you really need them now and that you were diagnosed. Were you diagnosed?

"It's just teenage angst you'll be fine." Said I wasnt sleeping well. Wanted to kill myself. Self harmed. No motivation. No enjoyment etc etc. No diagnosis. Just that I'll be fine.

Well, now that you're not a teenager and if you still have the same sympyoms which may have gotten worse, I tuonk now's the time for a second opinion as far as a diagnosis so that you can get helpful therapy and/or medication to quell your mental health concerns. You've had no other type of help for it?

Not OP but I wanted to post this:

I am 23 years old, went to an all male school and from that never interacted with girls hardly and have become antisocial around them.

College is over for me and I don't know how to get a gf. All I want is a cute girl to cuddle with but as I get older idk what to do.

School life is the only place to find a girl I'd say. After that it is either going to dance clubs or bars but I am antisocial so would never do that.

Don't tell me to go out with friends because I only have 2 friends and they are very similar like me.

I had an eating disorder from the age of 16-18. Was pretty bad. Had counselling for that and it was horrible. Other than that nothing from the NHS.

*symptoms
*think

What country do you or anyone consider to be the best in mental healthcare?

I think you need a full checkup, and you should tell your GP that you need to be treated for your down and depressed condition. Can you get your levels checked, too so that you can be better helped out?

I have no idea man but I have a lot of friends with problems and the uk is going downhill. Tories said they were commited to mental health which was a load of bollocks. Long and short of it is not the uk. It's free but shit.

I'm not 100% on this but I have a friend with depression I think is what they diagnosed her as and they gave her lots of checks before giving her pills so I think that might be standard.

Get Tinder, or try chatting them up here somehow.

So you don't have or you never had an appointment set upwhere you can quickly get a doctor? Do you have a way where someone can help you to see a better, private doctor now than what the UKNHS can find for you?

I can't afford private health care man. It's pretty much NHS or bust.

>kys
/thread

dude go buy some beer or smoke a joint and don't take life so freakin seriously

sounds like something my best friend tells me whenever I'm down, he's a rad dude.
Friends help OP, go party, get drunk get wild mate, nothing better than shouting with complete strangers at night

Kik?