Hey Sup Forumsros, I know this is edgy but I'm really fucked up with the whole "life is pointless" thing...

Hey Sup Forumsros, I know this is edgy but I'm really fucked up with the whole "life is pointless" thing. Which to a point is true. Can any Sup Forumsros prove me wrong please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

life is pointless. why do you think it should have a point, and why do you even want it to?
its so freeing.

LOL, this is pretty clever.

He has a "point" you know, OP

There's a difference between realising the pointlessness of life and feeling like your life is pointless.

To me, the beginning of purpose is creating something only you know the meaning of.
Because knowing that that thing exists can help you in your darkest hours.
If you were to die, there would be nobody in this entire universe that could properly explain what your creation means.
So create something.
It doesn't have to be a Da Vinci tier painting or a Shakespearean play.
It only has to mean something to you.

Purpose can create for you a point to life, a reason to stay alive and push through your droughts.
Once you've created, keep creating. Take the negative energy and channel it into your craft. Break molds, think, and keep creating. Purpose begins when you decide to create it.

the "meaning" of that thing would die with you, I don't see the point of it. Art means literally nothing to me unless it sends a message or entertains, which it won't if you're the only edgelord who knows the secret "meaning". Fuck that shit.

no. you are on the first step to realization.

>life is pointless
>life has no purpose
>having no purpose is in itself a purpose
>life has purpose, that purpose is to not have a purpose
>there is no reason to worry about anything, because you now know the purpose of life

at a certain point, you make peace with it
what exactly about life having no purpose scares you?

It's not my job to convince you of anything.

Did that girl stick a doll hand in her pussy to make this pic?

Just have sex

If life had meaning, then you would have an obligation to fulfill that meaning.

Think about how fuckin bad that shit would suck

What youre saying makes me feel more comfortable.

The fact that everything has an end. And once that thing has come to an end there was never a reason for it to be in the first place. I just don't want to feel that way.

Why

>It's not my job to convince you of anything.
>Can any Sup Forumsros prove me wrong please?

And this is why no one gives a fuck about artfags.

There are 2 purposes for life.
Your biological one is procreation. You are merely a vessel for your genetic information, and your only biological puprose is to pass this information on.

Your social purpose is to live happy.
You define what makes you happy, no one does it for you.
If you can't find anything that makes you happy, impregnate a women and jump off a cliff.
Problem solved.

If life had purpose it would philosophically imply a creator or higher being, which is the scariest thing ever.

yes.
>dildos
does the shape of a piece of plastic really matter, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4

no. you are still thinking relatively.

how can something have an end when it is in itself part of something else?

when you die, your particles are still part of this universe, therefore you never truly die.

the ego itself is the only thing that dies, and even that isnt death, it is change.

physical matter can never really cease existing, same goes for principles, philosophies etc etc.

time is just changes and variation in things, all things that are have always been here, and always will be, just in different forms.

the purpose of life is merely an illusion, in reality you are no different from an animal or an insect, only you are smart enough to be aware of yourself in this way. but even that is made of things that pre-exist, just happening to combine in such a way as to create the circumstances for your sentience. therefore you are an endpoint but also the means to a different endpoint, just another part of the cycle, which is meaningless, but in itself meaningful because of its mere existence.

but that is perhaps a bit too complicated to understand for you at the moment.

maybe just try to understand that the ego, your internal perception of yourself, is an illusion and does not really exist.
then try to understand that all things are relative, especially your viewpoint on life itself.
then recognise a distinction between what you can control, and what controls you. i.e. things you can do something about and things you cant.
then maybe you get closer

>first word that comes to mind
nigger

>thoughts after the first couple of sentences
Oh look, a empty husk preaching from a empty husk about a empty husk. I did totally not expect this. Totally.

You never know when it's going to end so ima enjoy this bitch while I'm here.

Life doesn't have a point, just have fun man

>when you die, your particles are still part of this universe, therefore you never truly die.
death: incapability to feel, interpret & express
Show me a atom with these capabilities.

>And this dear kids, is why no one gives a fuck about philosofags either

this user gets it.

interpretation and expression = reactivity.
all things are capable of reacting to other things, and they do. it is the essence of change

>incapacity to feel
what are feelings? what are emotions?

and for your information, im studying medicine. philosophy, much like psychology, is merely a hobby

OP here, im still pretty fucked but what some of you have said has made me feel so much better. Is there anything you Sup Forumsros want? It's 10:30 pm AEST , I have quite a bit of land and some cute little cunts of dogs.

you got the wrong idea about what he's saying. he's not even really referring to art at all, but it can be that. what i took from it is that everyone goes through down times in their life and has problems, but it's the people who have a breadth to them which can only be culled from forming a strong identity who are liable to get out of that more easily a lot of the time. i know what the op means about what he's saying, but it never really bogged me down at least... maybe op shouldn't be asking this sort of thing to other people. he should figure it out himself

space is bigger than you. out there the solar system and shit. it means more in the grand scheme of things than you if you know what I mean.

>interpretation and expression = reactivity.
>all things are capable of reacting to other things, and they do. it is the essence of change
non-sequitur to what I just said

>what are feelings? what are emotions?
information.
and since that information is not passed on, no change happens. Just termination. And that is what we call death, the cease of existence of persons individuality, since the flow of information from one nuclear state to the other is disconnected.

>and for your information, im studying medicine.
stick to it.
You suck at your hobby.

>nuclear state == nuclear arrangement
fix'd
brain fart, my bad.

I've accepted that life is pointless. But sex is great, so I just focus on having sex.

This user gets it as well.

>I have quite a bit of land and some cute little cunts of dogs.
Yea, I have a request.
Die early.

interpretation means processing information
expression means doing something about it.
thats reaction. a particle colliding into another one causes a reaction. whats to say human reaction is any different?

information arises as a result of something. things happen for information to be gleaned. that information in turn influences actions from the moment it is taken in. and the actions caused by it go on to influence other things, leading to creation of more information or actions. therefore it is never really gone given that its effects are still felt.

there is no such thing as absolute termination of anything. that's the nature of the universe. you can burn a painting, destroying its information, but the ashes still exist, the particles still exist. the information merely gets changed into something you no longer feel is worthwhile. but it still exists.
you think that as a loss, because to you it no longer matters, because you are still thinking relative to yourself. but in the bigger picture it does not disappear.

kitchen sink lyrics what the fuck I thought this was Sup Forums u faggots

I love you.

Really, I do.
I want to hold you while I cry myself to sleep. Or vice versa, whichever works for you.
I love you, user.

Only point to life is the one you decide. It doesn't have an objective point, unless you're talking purely biologically.

until you find out she is fucking another dude

you just move on to the next one.

Because suffering

>whats to say human reaction is any different?
Because it's a series of electrical signals that - in combination - make up a memory, which ten is processed by a series of arranged neurons, made of billions of molecules, which then is send into the nervous system as electric signal to force reactions form trillions of other reactive molecules.

When your brain rots away, these molecules get separated. None of them is able to contain the entirety of your personality. Your individual information-interpretation process (personality) is lost. Unrecoverable. The information is not passed on.

>that information in turn influences actions from the moment it is taken in. and the actions caused by it go on to influence other things, leading to creation of more information or actions. therefore it is never really gone given that its effects are still felt.
Butterlfy effect? Really? Ofc our sum of electric currents and particles will keep influencing reality after we die, but we won't feel it, nor interpret it, nor react to it.
We are not the sum of our atoms and currents. Our self-awareness is what makes us US. and once our body is not able to host this self-aware process anymore, it ceases to exist and ceases interact as well.

>there is no such thing as absolute termination of anything.
Yes, there is. Our self-awareness is an abstract construct. And such a construct is lost if its parts do not interact within the structures' boundaries anymore. a.k.a. death.
You as a medfag should be especially aware of this.
Unless you suck there as well.

>you can burn a painting, destroying its information, but the ashes still exist, the particles still exist.
And regardless how hard you try to rearrange them, their molecules have already lost atoms in form of dispersing gases, and will never again be possibly able to be arranged in the abstract construct that caries the information of that former picture.
It's information as a whole is lost.
Deal with it.

k.

Live in the moment, your thoughts are garbage anyways. See out, hear out, feel out; only think when neccessary

life becomes pointless till the point you have a psychotic break and realize an actual reason to be alive.

I can't explain it bruh, you hit bottom and either kill yourself or find a reason to keep on truckin. Chances are if you're a normal human bean you end up with the first. Can't help you with the ladder, no matter how appealing it might seem.