So im getting this jazzmaster HH, but i want to get different pickups...

So im getting this jazzmaster HH, but i want to get different pickups, i like a full well rounded clean (i use lots of effects), and a nice heavy distortion (no emgs), i play grunge, indie rock, shoegaze, etc help Sup Forums what do you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D0praZd_-m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd just get some solid Humbuckers.
Gibson, Duncan, any type
Look them up, see what you like
Usually they'll take anything you throw at them

Hmm i see, i really love this guitar, only 600$..im taking back my 61 reissued sg, it cost 1700$ so ima pimp this beauty out.

That guitar looks great! But if you're playing shoegaze, surely you'd like to have a Jazzmaster with the vibrato arm, no?

>what do you recommend?
a different guitar

are you using pedals to get the distortion?

Damn, if I had the money I'd have taken that SG off you in a second, hahaha!

/thread. Listen to this guy. Took my advice square out of my mouth

You haven't even used the pups in it yet, how do you know they're no good?

>i use lots of effects
How would you even know? Just twist a few knobs.

b-but that's what everyone else who played grunge and whatever the fuck else op mentioned... he's gotta play it.

Well i dont reccomend that nigger strum plucker thats for sure.
You should get something good. Like a yeukelele

What this guy said. Use the pups for awhile, you'll get at least a few hours of enjoyment from em. I wanted to swap the pickups on my MM when I got it then I ended up really liking the pups.

What rig is OP playing through?

I heard they had issues with it! Cant get to crazy with it, its not ment for lots of abuse, i wouldn't be able to control my self, plus i heard the stop tail like piece sustains notes better.

No i have a peavey 5150 head, pretty heavy, effect pedals are for the cleans, since the 5150 lacks some good cleans.

I watched a few videos, its a little to tight for me, i want a bit more lower end

Listen to this guy

5150 + Humbuckers + Any pedals you need = A rig that'll last you a lifetime

Hmm i might do this, im just a very impatient guy i guess lol i use a 92' peavey 5150,4x12 1960a Marshall slant cab, tc electronic chorus, mxr analog chorus, i also have a fender hotrod Deville 4x10

Is that a black top series Jazzy?

I own a blacktop strat and I love it.j

ALSO its in sea foam green my nigga, you know how long i waited to find this lol the hh with tremolo doesn't have this colors

They can be a bit fiddly, sure, but with a decent setup they can be pretty stable. Definitely worth trying one out. Great for those MBV waves of sound!!

Yeah the green is sexy as fuck! Wanted a green jag like that for years, with a nice tort on it.

depends on what sound you want. Seymour ducans are always good for kinda like a rocky tone an you can actually get a signature jag pick up which sounds amazing in the neck position for clean tones. And theres also dimarzios which are always a good shout.

Look at this beauty http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Special-Edition-HH-Rosewood-Fingerboard-Standard-Jaguar-Sea-Foam-Pearl-1500000011260.gc?country=us¤cy=usd&source=4WWMWXGP&gclid=CMSksI-z884CFU9ffgodO5IAew&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^m-plaid^143118043002-sku^1500000011260@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

I have always wanted a blacktop strat, but the music im playing wont appreciate it much sadly

Use the volume and tone knobs on that geetar of yours.

just having sone fun m8. Seriously though. Just fiddle with it with the original pick-ups in it and see how it feels soundwise. Nice guitar, but I will say it can create a lot of nouse static noise.

I hope my chorus pedals are enough to help, im so stoked about this gutterrr

I feel ya user! I really like this color combination, it was either this or a telecaster of the same color

Get p90s

I do believe this guitar has push pull tone knobs also.... So many choices, i didn't even think about that, i do picture it being noisey

I play a lot of ambient/shoegaze stuff and my BT strat is perfect for that kind of music.

Pic related.

Oh my that is beautiful user.. Its like a les paul and a strat fucked. From what i heard, i guess i just feel that the jazzmaster would have more lower end. That strat might bemy next investment!

Recommend you use a different board

P90's.

Definitely fit your description, OP. Listen to T Bone Walker for 'full well rounded clean', Leslie West's earlier stuff with mountain for rock, and there's a whole bunch of youtube vids. Seymour Duncan make humbucker-sized P90's called the Phat Cat, and there are others by Lollar, Bareknuckle, etc.

I have a Phat Cat but will probably swap it out for a Bareknuckle with slightly more aggressive upper mids and a tighter bottom end, but they're all basically similar.

Thanks. It's actually an extremely versatile guitar once you fiddle with the tone controls after a while. Neck and middle positions can get a nice strat-like sound if you set a bright eq and run a little compression through your signal. The only regret I have is not buying one with a rosewood fingerboard.

Also, Fender actually discontinued this series last year to make more room for newer models. But I'm sure you can find one that's reasonably priced on Reverb or EBay.

chip a tiny bit more out of the cavity and wire up a 3 band to a triple position pot.
Replace tone cap on each channel till you get it right.

Or if you suck on the wiring front/don't want to spend the time or don't like money bkp is always the answer.

Thats sounds rad! Thank you user. Ill look into them right now

I believe it! How much was yours? Was there anything you didnt like?

And they still sound 'stratty.' Still think it's sacrilege putting humbuckers on a strat, but they do sound good.

Only thing about P90's they're pretty hot/noisier than most pickups sometimes.
I got a 56 Goldtop epiphone les paul tribute, with some great P90's but I don't know if it's the model of them or it's wired wrong, but it sometimes gives excess noise.

Other than that though, yeah, P90's are a fucking powerhouse on the right guitar

>shoegaze
>no JM trem
what the fuck r u doing

In all seriousness, look at Xaviere Jazzmasters. They're cheap and worth the money. Or a used Squier Jaguar.

I paid around $400 for it. My only complaint would be the hardware. The bridge piece isn't that great and caused some intonation problems for me early on. I'd reccomend swapping it out with a better one.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems with the guitar. It plays well and it can fit just about any style.

Get filtertron in the neck and a dimarzio bc-2 in the bridge or Seymour Duncan JB

Swap it for the mustang bridge

Have you seen the Vintage V6100 Les Paul's? Fuckin awesome for the price. I ordered one plus an Orville Les Paul

A fender with humbuckers? Fuck off you fucking faggot

Hmm something a noise compressor can fix maybe? I looked them up, and they are killer! I play some psychedelic shit also, im curious to see how that would sounds with these.

I mostly want this for its color, i have 1700$ so spend, this is 600$,so i have some money to get it the exact way i want it ya know? A bar sounds nice, i never owned a guitar with one, so its not a big deal to me.

Thats a rad price man! Stuff like that is cheap and easy to get around, i can dig it! Does it stay in tune well?

TV Jones Filtertrons will be better than the p90's especially for what your going after

What kind of amp are you running thru? And pedals?

Chorus won't give you the same sound as a Jazzmaster/Jaguar vibrato unfortunately.

What's your opinion on the Supervee Bladrunner bridge?

Fuzz factory and fit p90s

Or any of the Wren & Cuff fuzz pedals

Read the whole post faggot. Everyone else did

Might want to see if you can set up with a babicz bridge on that thing if you're upgrading stuff.

Just picked up a Jazzcaster in that color

Ill look into it right now!

You think so? I have always wanted it in this color man... Idk lol

What model? Do you like it?

talk to y'all stoggaf later!

Brah if you got 1700 to spend you should really look into other guitar companies, for your type I highly recommend
- Eastwood Guitars
- Reverend Guitars
- St. Vincent Ernie Ball Signature guitar
If you got the beans for it brah you could even order a custom one off from the first 2 companies I mentioned. And the JM trem is far from unstable, actually to the contrary people prefer the action of the JM trem to the strat trem. Highly suggest it if you wanna play like MBV. If nothing else appeals to you, my last option would be to suggest the G&L Rampage jerry cantrell sig. You can lock the trem in place so it acts like a hardtail but you can also use it and go crazy with it and retain your tuning because it uses a Kahler hybrid trem with a floyd rose lock. I customized mine to have a neck humbucker and I don't even wanna buy a jazzmaster anymore.

seymour duncan JB in nickel, you won't be let down. Nice choice by the way

Bye user

Love it, it's that new magnificent 7 limited one in blue. I might change the bridge pickup out for a humbucker with a coil split tho

It has to be a surf green sea foam green jazzmaster. I really want one user.. I tried looking for other guttersss i want but, i keep coming back to this. My dream is to own this (not particular) jazzmaster.

Great fuckin choices ! Those Eastwood & especially Reverend guitars are fuckin badass and the prices are good too

Matching headstock?

If you have that much to spend get a matching headstock, block inlays and binding on the neck

Not necessary, i want a guitar thats me ya know? Its like buying a car because you like the way it looks and shit, but wants an engine swap

user with your budget the Eastwood company does commissions, you can certainly have a jazzmaster type guitar in surf green. But if you're dead set on the guitar you posted, which honestly looks hot af you should get it. My point is to check out all the other alternatives because maybe you might find something you love even more. Made this mistake many times buying guitars I would always buy and sell until I found the right one for me. Trial and error

Youre missing out on everything a jazzmaster is about. No tremelo or heavily wound single coils which gives the warmth and tonal character. Also assuming cheaply made. Id suggest go with vintage reproductions but they wont fit with humbuckers

I hear ya! But check out those TV Jones Filtertrons when you get a chance, trust me

Not a hope man, sorry. Chorus aint doing the same thing as a vibrato would. Check this out for an idea of what it can sound like....

youtu.be/D0praZd_-m0

Have you looked at getting a Jag instead?

Is there an Elite version of the Jazzmaster?

Didnt think of that... You peaked my interest user. Ill look more into it!

I love the style and how the jazzmaster plays, but it lacks certain tones for me, which is why i want one with humbuckers, it'll be a bit more versatile, especially since i play on a heavy amp

Screw the jag, Jazzmaster is far better

That's actually a great jazzmaster, it doesn't have those extra switches, however a trem would be nice

Why would you get a jazzmaster then when you can have better humbucker guitar? I mean you say you cant grt have tones but listen mono and tons of other bands that use it. The whole point is a fatter strat pickups

Or you can have the best of all 3 worlds and get the Seymour Duncan P-Rails. Which are a humbucker, p90 and singlecoil all in one and fits perfectly into it

it's All About the Tonewood! That's what matters!

OP, duncan JB-jazz with a push-pull tone pot for tapping.

My jackson has the 59-JB setup, but the 59 is to bright for the neck of a maple and adler guitar. the coil tapping is a nice addition for more fender-like clean tones. Should set you back about 100 for pups, and a few bucks for a fresh push-pull pot.

Why get a classic like that if you don't even like the sound and just want to completely change it?

Fucking retarded.

id say get a seymour duncan jb-sh4 in the bridge and you could probably keep the neck pickup for a clean and round tone. maybe roll down the volume and tone for the neck on a distortion or overdrive to have a quick and nice balance between grunge and indie rock and shoegaze.

No, tone is in the fingers! The FINGERS!