Hey Sup Forums, I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm a bit nervous

Hey Sup Forums, I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm a bit nervous.
I've heard about this thing called "dry socket" and I'm really worried about it. Is there a way to tell if the blood clot fell out right away? I don't feel any pain right now and the extraction was 3 days ago.

>learn to google faggot

I tried. Nobody gives me a straight answer. Some people say you'll feel it right away, some people say it takes three days, and some people say it's not even a big deal.

In my experience you should be mostly in the clear after 4-5 days. Be careful of shit getting stuck in the holes.

As long as you don't use your mouth for suction you should be fine. No straws, no rimjobs, no dick sucking

Poke it with a q-tip

>don't use straws
>don't smoke
>don't exercise or do any running

walah, no dry sockets.

Also, you WILL know if you get dry socket. It's an immense pain and you want to rip your jaw off.

I mostly eat jello so I'm pretty sure I'm fine with food getting stuck in there.
What I'm worried about is I'm shining a flashlight into the hole and I can't see anything. It's hard for me to tell if the blood clot fell out or if it's just dark.
I'd be able to see bone if it did, right?

Will I notice it right away? I heard it takes a day for the pain to set in.

Don't do anything stupid 1st day eating will hurt maybe second too but it'll be fine don't worry

Eat food without much solid for about a week. Lots of yogurt and shit.

Rinse with mouthwash regularly. I did it every 2 hours.

Are you sure that's a good idea? I feel like that would irritate the wounds in my mouth and fuck up the stitches. It's hard for me to open my mouth because of the stitches and swollen cheeks.

If you don't rinse with mouthwash bacteria can get backed up. Just a little bit.

Maybe just once in the morning and once in the evening.

Had all 4 removed . Two different times. I'm a smoker, never got a dry socket. Just be careful for a few days. Most people are smart enough to be careful. Don't worry too much

mouthwash for teeth
dissolve salt in warm water
use to rinse mouth after meals

OP here. Thanks for the straight answers guys. I was really disoriented when my dentist explained this stuff to me.

Lol no. If it happens your nerves are exposed to the open air. I had all 4 out at the same time and got dry sockets in 2 of them. There's no mistaking it if it happens, although it wasn't unbearable in my experience. 8/10 pain, but only when something is stimulating it. Breathe through your nose and you'll make it just fine.

Fuck, yeah, forgot about the warm saltwater.

/thread

This is terrible advice, alcohol damages open wounds which is why they say not to put it on cuts and injuries.

Non-alcohol mouthwash might be a good idea once a day.

warm saltwater works wonders, its a easy patient for a doctor tbh
sore throat? gurgle warmsaltwater
hungover? drink warmsaltwater
open wound? wash with warmsaltwater

Sorry, one last question for anyone still in the thread.
Like I said, the surgery was three days ago but I can still feel the stitches in my mouth. It's actually hard for me to open my mouth because the stitches are pulling on my cheeks and gums. Any idea when they'll dissolve? I heard it takes about a week, right?

Depressed? Saltwater!

lol fuck psychology and anyone that studied or majored in it
unless they're doing something real like treating ptsd they can go fuck themselves
literal scum that feeds off others
i would have more respect for a doctor of philosophy than someone who has a doctorate in psychology

just dont fuck with anything like straws or smoking and youll be fine. its a cake walk. i got dry sockets because i got really really drunk the day after and smoked a lot and punched a garage door but yeah youll be fine

try to chew on the other side of your mouth
i didnt know you get mouth stitches for wisdom tooth removal but alrighty

If its on the top dry socket is barely even going to be a possibility. Just stick to ensure and other liquid shit for maybe a few days to a week if your parinoid and make sure your doc isnt some faggot who wont give you decent painkillers. I had one impacted tooth in the top rear and I was so overly careful I feel like an idiot now.

Just dont skimp on the salt water rinses and dont be a pothead and you will be fine.