Eminem is the best rapper of all time

Feel free to disagree, enjoy being wrong.

This man gave us 3 classics (SSLP, MMLP and TES) and a cult classic Relapse. Not to mention 8 Mile and the soundtrack which were awesome and his work with D-12. His flows, storytelling and concepts were genius in his prime (97-04)

He is ultimately a legend, and while some of recent stuff isn't prime level, he still has gems and deserves the fame and recognition. So you hipster cunts can disagree all you want but put on SSLP for a few minute and realize how great he truly is. /Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0T3dLsa0ERI
youtube.com/watch?v=W0Hygkm0R3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Infinite is his best song tho and you don't mention it

Infinite is also underrated but I would still say it's a 7/10 overall, the latter end of the album falls off a little and it didn't have the creativity and humor of his later work.

Mhm..Ok, Stan...
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Encore, has some great songs only the middle part falls off due to him being super high and not caring as much once the full album got leaked, still a 6.5/10 album, definitely not his worst

Relapse is amazing GTFO

Recovery...well, it's not great but not the worst album ever either. It's okay just not his best.

Yea, tonite is on that ep and it's gr8 wanna chimp out when I listen to it

We travel in packs unravelin facts

Tonight beat >>>>

Wooo love all his shit desu, just not Recovery too much. Def gets too much hate when hes just been fucking around lately cause hes a legend and has made tons of classics. give him a break lmao plus hes chillin these days, doesnt have much drama and hes grown a lot. whatever, hell always be in my top 5 desu but hipsters gonna hipster cause hes huge nowadays

youtube.com/watch?v=0T3dLsa0ERI

Tell me this beat isn't fucking flames

I'll agree that SSLP and MMLP as classics but TES? Lel fuck no.

Literally how the fuck can an album that has his prime flow/creativity/storytelling, good beats and some classics songs like Superman, White America, Business, Cleanin Out My Closet, Square Dance, Soldier, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, Hailie's Song, Til I Collapse be NOT a classic? I don't get it. It might not have had as much as an impact as SSLP or MMLP but it's pretty damn great and near close in quality overall IMO if not arguably more mature and will stand the test of time.

Kendrick Lamar is better, Biggie is better, MF Doom is better. Em is a genuine talent, but mostly just a novelty act that sells records. There's such a depth of talent in hip-hop/rap and to declare definitively that Eminem is the best, is mostly due to lack of trying.

>There's such a depth of talent in hip-hop/rap and to declare definitively that Eminem is the best, is mostly due to lack of trying.

Guessing you haven't heard his 'deeper' songs like Mockingbird, Rock Bottom, Beautiful, Like Toy Soldiers, Deja Vu? Cause if did, you'd realized he nailed that shit and much better than Biggie or MF Doom ever did. Lamar is the only one close and that's due to his magnum opus.

>Classic Songs
Superman and Halies Song (which is a bit corny) are still good. I wouldn't call any of the tracks on TES "classic" though.
>Stand the test of time
Songs like When The Music Stops, Til I Collapse and Sing for the Moment have aged poorly IMO. Critically, It was a B+ album when it came out and it hasn't improved since then. It's a good album overall but "classic" is too strong.

Til I Collapse and Sing For The Moment have def not "aged poorly" IMO

You're entitled to think that but when I hear that full album I can't just say its "good" man, its one of his best IMO

And Hailie's Song is not corny. Fuck that buzzword. It's a beautiful song in every way and one of his best.

No I've heard most all of his tracks, the dude is a genuine talent like I said, but at the end of the day his wordsmithing is more of a novelty than a creative device in well over half of his songs. What Eminem added to the conversation was that people could rap about whatever the fuck they want, you know? And that's a real important thing that definitely makes him earn his keep when discussing the GOAT, but I just think that there are more skilled MCs out there.

Fair enough. I've seen some that are great and maybe one who is greater (Nas) but overall he still is up there for me and my personal GOAT. The only argument I can see is a few shitty songs maybe MMLP2 as a whole but otherwise he has been awesome and had a great range of cool shit fo sho

>quit playing with the scissors and shit, and cut the crap

>What Eminem added to the conversation was that people could rap about whatever the fuck they want, you know?
you're as much of an idiot as the underage eminem stan shitting up this board if you believe that trailer trash musing about celebrities, gerbils and 'fuck you mom' was the beginning of rappers rapping about 'whatever they want' because that was the very foundation of hip hop

Til I collapse would have aged well if it wasn't used to promote so much cheesy bullshit (MMA fighters, video games, Entourage) back in the late 2000s. Now I can't hear it without associating it with all of that.
youtube.com/watch?v=W0Hygkm0R3g

cheesy bullshit being used in cheesy bullshit, what's new

That really isn't true though, what Eminem added to the conversation was that you could do anything with your words - let me put it that way so it might be easier for you to understand - Eminem was one of the first MCs if not the first MC I had ever heard bend language rules to accommodate /his/ flow. What other rappers at the time had gotten accustomed to doing was changing words "oh shit hey this has too many syllables," "that doesn't rhyme," "doesn't have the right flow or feeling." What Eminem did that was really innovative is that he through those conventions out the window, you can rap about what you want however you want - fuck rules and pentameter. He recreated it the way he wanted it to sound and it didn't matter the words he used a lot of the time. That's definitely something unique.

>generalizing all his music into his silly songs/edgy songs

>forgetting rock bottom existed before he blew up

>WHEW SENPAI

Who cares if it was overplayed a bit? It's a great song for a reason. Flow wise, lyric wise its great.

see now what you've done is rewrite history to pretend project blowed and the entire bay area and dungeon family and fucking kool moe dee never existed

get your knowledge up beyond illmatic tribe & kendrick lamar before you try to spin this alternative history

We're talking commercial appeal, he undeniably changed the way commercial rap music is made, that was his contribution I don't think I ever said he was the literal first person to defy convention just the best one to do it. Usually what makes its way to commercial media is what gravitates towards normalcy, when somebody introduces something new and is critically acclaimed for it, they take credit. That's just how the world works, Beatles did it, Stevie Wonder did it, Hendrix did it, Eminem did it. Are you going to tell me next that the Beatles didn't create modern rock and roll, and that because Buddy Holly and the like were doing it before, they take no responsibility for its success? When you start a conversation with "well he/she did it first so they can't possible take credit!" It sounds so god damn childish. Because Black Sabbath were making albums before Metallica, does that throw away all of the gems of music that they made and the new innovative things they tried in their first few records? This isn't a "false-version" of history, because you're not the one who gets to make that distinction fuck-wit. Let the adults talk, and you can stroke your dick in the corner fantasizing about how underground MCs are the best and most influencial in "history"