My dog went cripple in a matter of 3 days, cant even stand up anymore. Her voice went shrill 2 days prior of that...

My dog went cripple in a matter of 3 days, cant even stand up anymore. Her voice went shrill 2 days prior of that. The vet is clueless about whats wrong with her. Wat do b, this doggo has been around with me for 14 years.
>pic related, this was before she went cripple though

Ass rape it and post pics

what kind of vet is that take her to another one

Is her back legs not working?

Check her for ticks? Some ticks can cause paralysis if left for too long. If not that, then with her age it could be anything :( Good luck user

Her hind legs seem to be weakest, she can sit on her front legs for maybe 5 seconds before collapsing when i help her up

Could've been a stroke

>this

Tic paralysis is often overlooked by vets for some reason as well. Best ask them about it specifically.

  ▲
▲ ▲

I figured it is very age related, what baffles me is that its so acute. 2 days before any symptoms youd expect it to be a dog

Maybe she ate some foam and something got clogged. It doesn't show up on x-ray and can cause all sorts of bizarre problems.

Put it to sleep.

fuck the shit out of the bitch, while she can't complain

If the situation doesnt turn around in a few days i guess ill have to

do you mean her legs are paralyzed? or just laying down all the time?

Sorry OP. Though I could help, but doesn't sound like I can. My doggo recently lost use of both of her back legs because of her vertebrae. She was a coon hound and loved to run the hills, which is what did her in. Had to put her down.

shes probably just going to pass away soon, there doesn't have to be anything wrong with her. could be wrong tho. and she could be in pain. best to put her to sleep if shes hurting badly

sell it to mcdonalds

Congestion is still normal, even for a cripple

As someone said above, definitely check for ticks. Sounds exactly what happened to my dog, in one day it went from fully healthy to unable to walk. Turned out to be two ticks. Recovered in hours

When i pet her, which she enjoys alot, she still stetches her legs as she always did before. Its just like all her muscle is gone. Neck and shoulders still work fine

xray spine, she might have a spinal cyst. It can paralyze the back legs especially, and she'll eventually lose feeling in them, and they'll for necrosis.

her weakness might also mean there's an infection.

either way, google her breed and check what health problems are the most common. often you'll find a clue.

Oops

Ill definitely check thoroughly for ticks

ok. sounds more like an infection of some sort. did they test her blood? also listen to the tick guys. check thoroughly.

I dont know how badly an operation for a spinal cyst is, but shes probably too old to be operated on. All good things must come to an end...

14 years is an average lifespan for a dog. She's well into old age so a sudden, rapid decline of her health is to be expected. It's inevitable. If your current vet doesn't understand THAT, you may wish to look for a new vet for the remainder of your companion's life.

I had a pet who went through something similar at an advanced age. She had a tumor we were preparing to have removed but the surgery became delayed beyond anyones control. During that time, we didn't see the first one, but what had happened was she wound up having stroke or seizure, on at least two occasions, and it fucked her up physically overnight. She was paralyzed in 3 of her 4 limbs, and needed special care with eating, drinking and going potty. She was able to recover somewhat enough to gain the mobility required to walk again unassisted and eat/drink with minimal help, but the rehabilitative care for her was basically 24/7 watch with physical therapy and eating/grooming assistance as needed. I still had to help her clean up after herself when she pottied.

While we were trying to get her healthy enough to operate on, she entered a terminal stage where the tumor entered her chest and was too physically weak to operate on. Then hospice care until she became sick, was no longer accepting food (which had her medicine hidden inside) and it was time to euthanize.

What you do depends on what you're able and willing to do for your companion, how much resources you have to spend on her (time, special diet, money, medicine ect.) Just from the sound of it alone, its possible she could have suffered a stroke or seizure that nobody noticed, so in addition to this^ you'll have to constantly consider and gauge her quality of life in order to make a proper, reasonable decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy the time you have left together.

Your pet's situation may be different. What you do is up to you.