Ask a Chef anything about food

Ask a Chef anything about food.

what are the secret spices in kfc chicken?

Whats the best Mac and Cheese and why is it kraft?

Why does that plate of food look so poorly presented if you're a chef?

Kraft is shit
The new cracker barrel shit is killing

Have you ever put mayo in a mustard bottle?

Grosses shit you've done to a shit customers food

pissed in your wine

what is kfc?

no but I've put my cock in your mother's asspipe!

What will gordan ramsay yell at you for if he went to your shitty restaurant

How do I make a good curry? So far i've been fucking up with how much oil I use for frying the onions and spices, but I can't really find a good medium, i'm either using too much and too little.

And how much yoghurt would you say to add at the end, if I use 1lb of any meat?

lol he owns the restaurant I work in

how do i make a roux sauce well?
every time when i add the milk it gets lumpy

also when using it as a base for a cheese sauce, is there a preferred type of cheese? ive noticed that when i add Parmesan, it clumps

totally depends on what you're cooking
be more specific

dood just goggle it
it's so simple

origino...is that your brother Gino?
Original Gino?

i do. but idk what im doing wrong.

is there some trick to the milk? like not heating it up too hot or something?

ive noticed that i get better results from whole fat milk as opposed to skim but just wanted a professional opinion

what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (to eat, and it's european btw)

Can you give me some tips on how to cook scallops properly. Also any tips on preventing cream sauces from breaking works be helpful

forget milk use clarified butter

Can anyone from the U.K get me a job in a kitchen. I will literally Just clean dishes.

127 kph on a uplifting wind @ 29kph

Why does salt keep water in meat, but it purges water in vegetables and fruit?

Simple stuff, a rogan Josh with lamb or a tikka with pork or beef.

get off your ass and walk into any professional restaurant and tell them that
You sir will be hired!

best tendie sauce?

it does not keep water in meat

Salt dries meat faggot. Its called curing and its a process as old as your mums tits.

I've tried, they literally have fucking ques of people trying to do the same thing. I'm 18 and there's 40 year olds there. I'm not gonna compete with a guy who needs a job rather then me who just wants it because of passion.

tendie? wtf is a tendie
where do you live
speak English motherfucker!!!!!

>I'm not gonna compete with a guy who needs a job rather then me who just wants it because of passion.

There is nothing wrong with putting yourself ahead. If that other man needs a job, he WILL get one. There is nothing wrong with fighting for what you want. Don't be some pushover beta man, nobody will respect you and your life will be completely shit.

WHY IS THE CHICKEN SO UNDER COOKED!?
GO BACK TO COOKING SCHOOL.

then write a passionate letter attached to your resume and give it to the motherfucker in charge
and tell them you don't need the work but you want to get into the industry to pursue a career of cooking

Flour will clump if the roux hasn't been cooked thoroughly. It also helps to add the liquid slowly at first.

Why do my spaghetti o's make lightning?

Saline pump.

Why does oil keep water in meat, but it purges water in vegetables and fruit?

Mix your flour and milk first. Easy peasy

how can i become more excited and passionate about food

what should I eat for dinner, tonight?

Other that tuna and swordfish (and salmon, which I don't care for), what are some good fish varieties for the grill?

I have been getting into cooking now that I live on my own. I can cook basic meals and proteins. what are some decent meals I can make that are "elevated" but still affordable. maybe things like chicken. my domestic partner doesn't eat red meat. I also do not prefer nuts or zucchini but im fine with green type veggies

also I love fish

See

You have to add it slowly and whisk constantly

Just cause you put some weak chopped basil on some faggot garlic creamed grilled chicken and shrimp doesn't make you a chef.

And do something with those boring ass asparagus, maybe leaving them on the crisp side and tossing them with an acid and some toasted nuts?

B8/10

Not OP, but buy good ones, not sitting in lots of watery-milk looking liquid that is a preservative they use. Remove the small separate muscle that is often still loosely attached to the main muscle -- it is not pleasant. Sear hot and fast, do not over cook. There is a Good Eats episode on scallops that is pretty good.

what's your favorite kind of cuisine? and least favorite? and if you don't mind, would you mind pontificating a bit on why your choices are such? whether it be homogeneity of spices, a dislike of the methods used to cook/prepare said food, etc, I'm just legit curious to hear what a chef personally likes and dislikes when it comes to what they eat.

pic not related.

Not but im a culinary student. For the roux make sure to use equal parts fat and flour and cook that till a white blondish color (2-3 mins). And for cheese, i like a mix of parm and gruyere. To get those lumps out just heat the cheese souce up a bit.

Not op*
oh and for the roux slowly add a little heated milk to the roux to temper it then add back to the rest of the milk

Do sliced-up green onions sprinkled on things always make it look better?

do they eat it

you have to suck my penis then it will be good

>ask me anything
>answers nothing

Rekt