This is so creep

listen to john cale user.
polar of lou reed

watch out
youtube.com/watch?v=t1Am45JrwQ4

>CONEY ISLAND BABY

Fag

here

Listen to Metal Machine Music. Thank me later.

he was a cool guy

literally his entire discography is great, barring the three mid-80's albums, more people should get into him.

berlin and transformer are pretty unarguably his best, but street hassle, magic and loss, and ecstasy are all top tier shit as well.

Hes looking at us...

did you like lulu?

: - (

youtube.com/watch?v=QG_ooIR0DTY

>reptile me on Lou Reed

i haven't listened to it in a while, but yeah, i enjoyed it for the most part. i think a lot of the hate for that album came more from kids bandwagon-ing and dissing it because that was the cool thing to do at the time.

but the whole thing was jarring in the most interesting way, if a bit corny. a lot of people complained about lou's voice, but he sounded pretty fucking good to me, especially considering that he was old as fuck when lulu came out. idk if i'd call it some sort of masterpiece or anything, but even at it's worst it's still intriguing to hear metallica and lou play together.

youtube.com/watch?v=RbE2zNoWPFw
>a-am I Bob Dylan yet guys?

He's my favorite artist.

If you don't like this song, then you don't really get rock music, stick to other stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=3z9MoQadD-o

love that boy

to be fair that interview is hilarious

Lulu is the greatest record of all time.

You weren't even browsing Sup Forums when that meme started fuck off

The best live version I've heard of waiting for my man

youtube.com/watch?v=TnMHP8Z94po

>Mistrial is anything above 4

he is the OG nu-male

Yeah, it's a little bumpy, but I love the grooves on Video Violence, Spit it Out and Original Wrapper(though inferior to the Perfect Night version), as cheesy as they are. And Tell it to Your Heart is another great Lou Ballad.
Don't Hurt a Woman is meh, and Mama's Got a Lover and I Remember are kinda shit, but whatever. I'm just a sucker for Lou Reed.

>junkie rockstar
>numale
hmm

damn...

>made acting like a limp wristed faggot trendy
>ironically made a shitty album

sounds pretty nu-male to me

>ironically made a shitty album
false myth

>Don't Hurt a Woman is meh

typical 4chins

prove it

I liked his Heroin song

"colored people" doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot doot dooooooooo

wat?

what does that mean

as long as white light white heat is god tier the universe is in balance

DOOTDODOOTDOOTDOOTDOODOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBROWNHEROINPOOPOO LET THE TRANNY LICK MY NUTS YEAH
THEN I'M MARRIED TO A TRANNY NOW YEAH HUH
AND THEN I DICK SOME LAURIE ANDERSON... ALMOST TRANNY
I GOT IN GOOD

cool

I like both but their music sounds a lot different.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZaVagDqUNQ

Fuckin hate that emojis and all others.

There was a video interview where he talked about it, but I can't be fucked to find it. It was on a stage, like a talk show sort of setup, probably from 2007-ish because I remember him also talking about Hudson River Wind Meditations there. He basically sad, no MMM was made because I legitimately wanted to make it.
There's also this interesting interview, though it doesn't exactly clarify it wasn't "ironic."
thequietus.com/articles/04037-lou-reed-interview-metal-machine-music

It's not a bad song, but it goes on for much longer than it needs to, even though it's only 4 minutes.

He's pointing at us

damn.....

Most underrated Lou Reed song here

youtube.com/watch?v=z0rYAzTpOXw

This shit never gets old no matter how many times I listen to the album. It's the most repetitive shit for 18 minutes, but man if those guitars don't sound good.

It's actually very Kozelek like. Way before Kozelek started doing that kind of stuff

aint it just my like
got a hole in my heart the size of a truck
and it won't be filled by a one night fuck

MY DUDE

shits great, i never understood why even hardcore lou fans diss that track. it's cool af

Made good music but was a lowkey piece of shit

Its "hes pointing at us" u dumb fucking newfag

It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life. Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed, now you may be thinking that some of Lou Reed's solo stuff's not bad but whlie it's not bad, it's not great either. In your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite

youtube.com/watch?v=OsxhM2g1JRg