Alright you 1337 Hackerz

alright you 1337 Hackerz

how do i delete files on a ssd which are impossible to recover for forensics?

Other urls found in this thread:

citpsite.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/oldsite-htdocs/pub/coldboot.pdf
gizmodo.com/5882811/defendant-ordered-to-decrypt-hard-drive-says-she-forgot-her-password
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/feds-say-suspect-should-rot-in-prison-for-refusing-to-decrypt-drives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you cant
you have to destroy it

Multi-pass full reformat

just empty the recycle bin m8 you should be fine

Basically smash it

microwave that shit man

is there a programm for that or how can i do dhat?

Use any program which will overwrite the data with 0s; usually known as shredding.
That'll be plenty, there's no need to do multiple passes or any of that bullshit with an ssd.

thats not how it works

yes it deletes the files

Rebypass the ISA drive multifunction.

wipe with dban

ssd is easy format it, magnets, hammer, (my recommended favorit) shredder

youll have to destroy it, burn the shit outta that ssd

privazer

yeah its called cmd, boner

why so paranoid?

you been downloading naughty things?

Well sort of. No it won't physically delete the data (deleting files only marks the space as available to write, it doesn't actually delete the file meaning it can be recovered until something writes over it) but legally i'm sure there has been a case whereby a judge ruled that because the file was deleted they weren't admissible in court even though they were recovered.

there are plenty of programs that can overwrite the entire hard drive and make it incredibly hard to recover anything of value, but if they want it bad enough, theyll get it.

Best bet is to destroy it or encrypt it

SSDs aren't like mechanical hard drives. They are more like flash memory. When you delete something, it's actually deleted.

You can rewrite the data with one and zeros multiple times over, which is the way the Government deletes Top Secret data from their computers. There's a multitude of places on your hard drive, however, where residual data related to the objectional data may be stored. So if you want to be 100% safe, I'd suggest burning the hard drive and then shredding the remains.

What do you have on this hard drive that you don't want anyone to find?

Don't care if b8. There's only one way out of this shit. And I love showing it to people

Insert it into your anus. Instantly clears all the files. I'm embarrassed to even be telling you this as surely an internet expert such as yourself would have discovered this technique on your own.

The key is to jam it in as hard as possible with no lube.

I used to wipe my drive by deleting all the files and then running a script:
While(1):
Echo "0110010" >> anyfile.txt

I would just run it until there was no space on the drive. Then run it again. It goes faster if you create a longer "01010....1010" string.

You shouldnt be putting data outside your OS onto your SSD, if you want it to last. The writing, and rewriting kills that kinda of harddrive. Save everything to an external HD or have a thumbdrive that could easily be pulled and tossed in the microwave.

do a safe erase, no way to recover anything.
it kills any data on it, though, not only a single file.

season 2 is boring as fuck

also you cant just pull those monitor cables out like that

or you can just get a shredder and not do 30 million things at once

This guy knows whats up.
Nuke & Boot that fucker.
Also op stop watching CP you sick fuck.

Few files. No cp!
Zips from my website.

But wont it hurt the SSD because it has a special life time? I want to use the SSD after that still

Can you DBAN a SSD?

A full wipe with maximum passes should make any data hard enough to recover to where unless you are literally producing CP or killing people noone is going to waste the time and money required to get any data off that drive.

Use HDAT2 or vivard (DOS) it will work.

on your way to Phloston Paradise?

>special life time
you have a special life time too m8.
it will survive, but just like everything you do, it wears the drive. same goes for hdd.
if its a new ssd from a decent brand = no worries.

protip:
encrypt your drive, police can't do shit :`)

Store all your illegal shit on a RAM disk and always keep your PC on with a battery backup. If the police come then kill your power including the battery and it's guaranteed all your illegal shit is completely gone.

what are you so worried about that you want to wipe it? is it illegal or personal information?

I'm enjoying it myself, as for the monitor cables, that's just unnecessary time taken up. That scene was all about urgency because he was high and thought he got caught

Yes, absolutely. The other methods may work (i.e. burning, shredding, microwave, 1-0-1-0, etc), but this is the most effective method. The high pressure environment coupled with the presence of feces - and perhaps semen - totally destroys all data. The other methods work as well, but there's always a chance that the crime lab can recover a sliver of the remains, put it under an electron microscope, and find the offending material.

OP, if you really wanna keep John Law off your back, pop that puppy into the kiester.

WOW NIGGER. If they are fast enough, they can freeze the ram and still access the data.

citpsite.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/oldsite-htdocs/pub/coldboot.pdf

educate yourself

did he really just drill a few holes in those drives?
that wouldnt do shit lol

many drives have a secure erase command that can be activated by special software. Some drives use hardware encryption allowing the drive to be instantly erased by simply deleting the encryption key.

i have my OS on my SSD and forget to encrypt it with verycrypt back in the day.

I got my 2nd and 3rd HDD fully encrypted so those are safe but not the SSD which i guess i need to reinstall the OS for it.

Also lets make something up.
Police is coming my PC is on but Screen is locked under windows. The SSD and the HDDS are still on power. Well the HDDS are encrypted but the SSD not, they could just snap it off and get all the data, right?

Just for fun.

Reformat it with a Mac file type and more space than it actually has then install a file that is larger than there is actually space on the drive. Repeat until happy

killdisk (dut) com

The free version will do just fine. Writes 0s across the whole disk. Did it for a friend who was accused of having photos of this 17 year old. Local/State Digital Forensic Experts didn't find shit. Even if what you're trying to delete would be investigated on a federal level, our US government isn't particularly good at hacking or recovering information, anything they'd investigate indepth is usually outsourced (aka the San Berdino iPhone). I doubt what you're trying to erase is of that much concern, but yeah, Kill Disk should do the trick.

Depends. Most of the time the SSD waits until the best time to empty the whole block(s), this is called TRIM . Moving and deleting stuff at every operation really wears the drive down otherwise.

alright, thank you m8. I dont live in the US.
The IT in my country is as retardet as an ape but you cant be sure enough.

What are the odds that anyone even knows you have a RAM disk and reacts in seconds to freeze your RAM and persist the data?

True there are diffrences but it still only marks the space as availiable.
ssd's only have a limited writes to each cell therefore completly wipe the space after every time you delete something would drasticly lower its lifespan

if the computer is on, you're still fucked even if the disk is encrypted. The key is stored on your RAM, if there's power to it, that key is still accessible.... I mean of course there's stipulations like how long since you've last signed in, etc.

muh surveilance
muh fbi jumping through the window

im just saying, that you are talking shit.
fulldisk encryption + panic button.

im with anomalous

the correct answer is to use a very strong magnet, it will depolarize the flash memory and scramble the bits

>encrypt your drive, police can't do shit :`)

if you're in the u.s., it isn't a settled point of law that you have a right to encrypted data, or to refuse to release the encryption key to law enforcement. even if the key will allow access to data that will potentially incriminate you.

gizmodo.com/5882811/defendant-ordered-to-decrypt-hard-drive-says-she-forgot-her-password
was thinking of another case but found this one:
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/feds-say-suspect-should-rot-in-prison-for-refusing-to-decrypt-drives/

true, thats why you should never leave your pc running when you are not using it.
do not use standby (to ram), use hibernate (to ssd / hdd).

if you guys are interested, feel free to ask me, i work as a it security analyst.

well its easy, tell them you encrypted the whole disk to erase the data and that you didn't write down the passphrase. toppest kek.

They sell Self-Destructing SSDs. They have SMS, so you text it your passcode and it literally blows up.

alright, so i dismount the HDD whenever i go away, thanks

theres a program you can use called eraser, it basically writes over the code in random patterns making it 100% unaccessable. look it up.

I'd destroy it, only way to be sure that it can't be recovered

What show?

The NIST said SMS isn't secure anymore.
Also SMS spoofing still works in certain countries. Id never use such a fucking shit device. Imagine how many backdoors it has.

OP, so long as it's not CP, why don't you go ahead and post a pic of what you're trying to conceal from the Government? We might be able to tell you if it's even necessary to delete it at all.

If you fail to oblige, I, along with the rest of Sup Forums, will naturally assume you're hoarding CP. In addition, the FBI will naturally make that assumption as well. So, in all seriousness, it'd be in your best interest to post pics.

you must be 14

Cool, do you think any IT Forensik would get it if i use a Decoy OS? and behind that there is the encrypted real OS?

securedrives(dut)co(dut)uk

Really depends on where you live.
I know that Police here in Switzerland don't know their shit. Probably the same case in most countries.
Really depends on what you have done, they most likely don't care that much about you, unless its about big things like economy etc.

but you shouldn't have to claim ignorance.

i should not be able to be compelled to use information in my head to aid in my prosecution.
the right to keep secrets is the true right to privacy

>But wont it hurt the SSD because it has a special life time?

you don't need to do multiple passes to securely erase an SSD. The cells have to be cleared by the hardware before new data is written to them. This is what the trim command does. The only problem is erasing the reserve area too.

Alright, i live in a country where you speak the same language as in switzerland ;)

I guess they dont even care that much then about my content i have stored.

I have no idea if they're secure or not, but something to look into, with that idea in mind, you could probably figure out a way to strap an M80 to the board of your SSD and rig some sort of remote detonation via arduino. Couldn't hurt to add this on top of all your other security as a last resort.

Where are they for sale ?
I don't really need them since i'm clean and have nothing to destroy
I'm just curious about your ways

Most likely they don't. Alles gute Brudi :^)

I once though about using a relay hooked to the power socket and the other side to the ssd / mainboard. One switch and the whole fucking PC gets roasted.

Just use a shredder and it should be fine.
And for future reference if you gonna do illegal stuff on your computer use a "virtual machine" that is stored on a usb/drive outside of your main OS

most SSD has a secure erase built into the firmware. because of the way flash memory works, its a lot harder to recover data from them as opposed to magnetic platters.

ATA Secure Erase command. voltage spikes the entire cell bank, resets every bit to zero. unrecoverable data.
(voltage spike sounds scary, but the drive will still work afterwards)

Trolled.

Reformat then fill the drive with nonsense to cover the old files then reformat again

Burn it.

Either:

a) submerge in water
b) smash the fuck out of, separate and discard
c) ????
d) use as cumrag

Power drill, blender, microwave

not sure how much they can recover from secure-erased drive, but if you think this is not enough, there were those military-grade ssds that LITERALLY burned the chips onboard as a last measure.

Made me lol

use what hillary uses, bleachbit

You're retarded.
Magnets don't do shit.
Still retarded.
Drill works, but you need to drill every single memory chip on an SSD.
This guy gets it.
Of course DBAN works on SSDs.
Ever tried to restore data from a drive with holes in it? No? Well, guess what, it's practically impossible.
Water and cumrag will still be very much recoverable by any decent recovery lab for about $1000.

You have to actual options:
1. Overwrite multiple times
2. Smash the platters/memory chips into small pieces. Shredders are fine for this.

Those are the two ways of properly deleting files. First will leave you with a working drive afterwards, second will not. First also takes way longer.

I'd do the following:
Create files of the same size, then overwrite them.
Do this a couple of times, then take a program designed to fill overwrite entire hard drives with garbage / 0's, 1's, etc, and have it write random data a few times.

SSD's (which is what you're asking about) differ from HDD's (Hard Disk Drives) in that an SSD'S is simply RAM (Not really, but for this example) that EMULATES a HDD. HDD's are 1 or more hard platters covered with a type of iron particles that can record magnetic signals being broadcast by the read/write heads.

But I'm paranoid. Just filling the drive up with tons of data might do it.

Digital Forensics take advantage of the fact that the motors, armatures, and read/write heads are all physicle, and so do not always get placed 100% in the same place when writing new data over old data. Think of a snow covered road: All the cars may be driving in the same lanes, but their tire tracks are not perfectly on top of each other. Because a HDD uses physicle devices to record the information, there is 'slop', in the exact placement of the heads. Forensic programs read the same spot over and over and over in order to gather the bits of data that never got exactly overwritten. AKA 'slop'.

Another thing that Digital Forensics does is take advantage of the fact that every time an object is magnetized, that magnetic "image" is never fully overwritten. Think of an old audio cassette tape that you recorded over, but you can still faintly hear the old recording in some spots.

SSD drives do not have the "slop" problem because the recording media is RAM, not a magnetic tape or disk. So there are no bits of data that didn't get overwritten.

Magnetic "memory" may be a whole other matter though, meaning that a memory location that was overwritten MAY retain traces of the signals that recorded previously. I don't know, but it's not impossible.

(Continued in my reply to this message.)

dd-ing dev/zero over the whole device makes it too hard to be worth recovery. hdparm can also take control of the drive at a lower level but I wouldn't use it if you don't want to risk breaking the drive.

/thread

I know how to, but I can't leak the secret here. Too many pedos. Send me an email at [email protected]

So I know it's you, include your full name, address, and SSN.

Okay, so smash the fuck out of it then, genius. You're a faggot know-it-all. Are you even an expert on this shit or do you just enjoy sucking your own cock?

(Continued from above)

Lastly, these data destroying programs should NOT be left running on SSD drives for days, or even hours, like they are on HDD's! That is because as a piece of computer memory, it has a definite number of times that it can be changed before it breaks. So every time you change the contents of a memory location, that's one less time you can change that memory location. Whereas, since the recording medium of a HDD is a surface covered with magnetic particals, and there is no known limit to the number of times a particle can be magnetized, the moving hardware (bearings, motors, armatures, RW heads, etc) will break before the media wears out. That's why you can send your HDD's in for data recovery after they crash. (BIG $$$, plus no guarantees).

Anyway, that's what I know.

>write zeros to the drive

The problem with many SSD's is that they have slack space beyond the advertised capacity of the drive. This is done so that when a sector goes bad, the drive can redirect data to some of the slack space resulting in no loss of storage.

The faulty sector while not being accessible to the system, is still accessible via forensic means.

Drives may also be programmed to go into slack space just for efficiency sake.
The only REAL assurance you have to data security is to physically destroy the drive and make any forensic attempt impossible mechanically and electrically. This means crushing, shattering, and melting.

While there can theoretically be traces of previous magnetic data on an overwritten disk there has never been a successful restore of as much as a single byte from a completely overwritten disk. For all practical purposes this is a possibility that can be ignored, and a few complete overwrites can be considered 99.999% safe.

Good point, overwriting an SSD 100 times will create significant wear. 2-3 times should be good.

ITT overthinking fagets.
nand based drives are much easier to erase than magnetic platters.
download any linux live cd that has gparted.
boot from live cd (or install it to a usb drive) and boot from it)

run gparted. run the secure ATA erase option on the drive.
congratulations, your drive is now in astate of full erasure and data is unrecoverable.
Bonus: your drive is not bricked and it didn't take 17 hours

also, secure ATA voltage spikes ALL available nand, even the hidden garbage collection stuff your OS can't access.

What about flash drives & smart phones?

Wheb you delete a file you don't actually erase the info, you just mark it as available space for overwriting.

Delete the files then fill the drive with shit.

Repeat several times if you want to be completly safe.

blender

Often misused to satisfy a lamen's ego, the self-proclaimed 1337 will misuse the title, pretending to hold Xtr3m H4x0r capabilties while in fact masturbating to preteen beastiality at 2:00 AM with baggy eyes; anonymously hassling n00b's with better things to do than kill their babies over mindrot such as Everquest and Warcraft. See also "colon debris" and "queefstain"
>"i t0tally pnwed u. u r so a n00b and i am so 1337"

libparted can't take full control of the device, I've had a few devices I could recover data from after this.