Is swimming ruining your experience of the olympics? it is for me, especially americans medal stacking swim events...

is swimming ruining your experience of the olympics? it is for me, especially americans medal stacking swim events. it makes watching it really boring. americans have basically turned swimming into a walmart tier sport, it's disgusting.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_Summer_Olympics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_Summer_Olympics
topendsports.com/world/lists/popular-sport/fans.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree m8, but

>that quote

>an Aussie complaining that there's too many swimming events
>Chomsky

Oh so you're a self hating white, that explains everything

That's Noam Chomsky for you.
He hates America, yet lives there and has a lot of shit that he wouldn't acquire in those shitholes he insists to defend.

Answering OP, no, it's not ruining a thing. You had your chance at swimming excellence, now you've wasted it.

hey man why doesnt your country take advantage of all the swimming? its almost like you aren't talented enough :D

he isnt exactly wrong

If there was no swimming, Australia would be an irrelevant Olympic performer. 41% of your gold medals all time come from swimming.

>australians pretending that swimming isn't the only sport they're good at

>australians pretending they have any other events to look forward to

US tops medal table. Checkmate gaytheists.

There's a pretty big difference in "religious miracles" depending on how you define a religious miracle. The resurrection is not the same as your baptist disco churches where people pretend to faint.

What did Chomsky mean by this?

It is a very boring event. I think the thrill of it is somewhat diluted by the fact there's fucking 34 races.

Could you imagine having six "different" 100m sprints in athletics

they've got to trim down the number of events because it's ridiculous

get rid of the medleys
get rid of individual medleys
no more 50 metre meme races

that would take away like 2-3 days of competition

Noam Chomsky despises the west. You could have possibly made a valid point had you not posted that anti-west shill.

do you think the IOC has so many swimming events to appease Americans? The same IOC that eliminated baseball/softball/wrestling?

There aren't so many swimming events in the Olympics because America is great at swimming, America targeted swimming because it had so many medals.

Field Hockey. But they're gonna get rekt by Dutch (f) and Krauts (m)

Fuck that would be amazing. Gives us a real chance to beat Bolt.

>100m dash
>110m Hurdles
>100m Backwards
>100m Handstand
>110m backwards hurdles

He means the average religious person in America is stupid because they'd rather believe blindly in God than believe blindly in the State.

Corporations are stoopid! Oh, can I charge my iPhone?

>here aren't so many swimming events in the Olympics because America is great at swimming, America targeted swimming because it had so many medals.

Yep. Yuropoors can't into this logic for some reason.

And swimming isn't even our best event. Track and field is.

this, if you don't like it why don't you just get good?

>track and field is

false

Good things there's only 48 athletics events.

I bet if Noam Chomsky were to review that quote now, he'd take it back since it makes a negative comparison to Muslims. I haven't heard anything from the guy in a while, but I bet he's jumped on the liberal Islam apologist train.

Baseball where you got BTFO by the Cubans? And only had one gold in 5 attempts

And wrestling is still at the Olympics.

the IOC isn't run by americans. in fact there are 0 (zero) american vice presidents.

He's almost dead

>Ties
>2 gold medals 1 race
>3 silver medals 1 race
>63625735204 events
Yes its fucking stupid

>Let me tell you about your own Olympic history.

Eat shit, Bong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_Summer_Olympics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_Summer_Olympics

>chomsky

>47
Track and field. And they're all quite different. How many have the opportunity to medal in more than two/three events?

Comparing the track and field program with the swimming one is typical idiocy from you dumb niggers.

MLB clubs refuses to let their best players play, but the point is America is always a threat to win it.

the next time the IOC does the USA any sort of favor it will be the first time in a long time.

>australians
>chomsky

Thank god

The most dominant sprinter Bolt of all time likely wouldn't medal if he went up to 400m sprint

That have these different races because wow they actually are very different

Its not like this the first time a swimmer has won 5 golds an Olympics, they're clearly no difference in these events

Kill yourself ameriswim

It wasn't dropped because the US dominated in it, because you didn't. So stop bullshitting, Tyrone.

Because they'd test positive

>Australians quoting Chomsky and Neil DeGrass Tyson today

Why are Aussies faggot redditors?

Australians are chocking badly left and right this Olympics in swimming. No shit you're pissed. Meanwhile no name Americans are stepping left and right winning medals in unbelievable fashion
No shit you're pissed

> Born to middle-class Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants

everytime

>Be rest of the world
>lose to a 35 yo Yank in the 50m Freestyle

I'm fucking sick of it, honestly. There are too many separate swimming events and a disproportionate number of medals distributed for it. I don't like Felps or Ledicky, but at least the former is part of a competitive sport. Women's swimming is like women's soccer.

Really pulling for Bolt to sweep again, otherwise this US media masturbation is going to become unbearable

>Without swimming, Australia would have no medals. Swimming is compulsory in Aussie high schools to make sure they get those medals. But they have been choking bad with their young Golden Generation like Belgium in soccer. So yeah, they mad. And should be

>Chomsky

How's your first semester of college going? I heard your "anarchy communist" is shilling for hill now, alzhimers maybe?

And

>Aussies overall medal count

I find it astonishing that grown adults grow up to be such sore losers that they actually get this angry about losing in sports that they don't play, or even watch, 3 out of the 4 years the olympics take to cycle. And of THAT time only, what, a week of viewing?

America wins in swimming ALL THE TIME

Fucking get good and stop whining for fucks sake, every country in the fucking world has a pool in it

Well done missing the point. Are you Lochte?

In 2012 we won more swimming events than track and field events

What point, that you are mad because america is winning again?

No that came in loud and clear

Not him, but if the US didn't dominate swimming, foreigners would have no problem with it.

You guys want less swimming, but unironically support things like dressage and sailing, because they're events you happen to be good at.

I love how dumb this dude is.
1) Swimming ends tomorrow and we won't even bw half way done with the Olympics yet
2) even up until now, you had many events going on that even if you taped them all it would take you 24 hours a day for a half year to watch them all, and this moron thinks swimming is all that's going on because that's what basic NBC is showing (the 7 other NBC chammels are showing different shit and NBC has a stream for everything)

America always wins. Nothing to get mad about, Ryan.

Nice strawman argument, fat cunt, but Dressage can get binned along with at least half-a-dozen pointless swimming disciplines.

>they're all quite different
there are 12 events where you literally do nothing but run, not even different styles of running, it's the same thing. Then you get 3 more where you run but also jump sometimes.

Compared to swimming where you have 4 different strokes.

Also, find me a swimmer as cross-the-field dominant as Phelps or Ledecky. They're once-in-a-generation talent, I'm sorry we have the Michael Jordan of swimming in the pool right now but he's gonna win 6 straight championships whether you like it or not. but usually you do NOT see this kind of cross-discipline medaling, just as you rarely see it in other events. It's the mid 90's and you're a fan of any-team-but-the-Bulls, sorry m8. Sit it out and wait for your turn.

which swimming events would you cut? Nobody ever proposes this, they just say GET RID OF EM

Yes and it's fucking disgusting how much bribery they have on the IOC

But hey, I guess they need to stat patt and pretend they dominate at sports so the pig fuckers back in the US can cheer and stomp their feet until the cinderblocks below their trailer parks shatter

>Ledecky
>Across the field

Nigga she only does one stroke

fucking this, I'd love that.
>100m cartwheels
>100m moonwalk
plus the larger distance varieties of course, because you're not an absolute faggot who things sprinting, mid-distance, and long-distance are the same, right?

Is South Korea already forgetting about the Seoul soccer match?

Yes, it's all pretend and make believe

But it's not the same thing at all.

50m, all three medley events, women 800m and men 1500m

Also replace the freestyle 4x200m with a 4x400m

and absolutely dominates in it to an unprecedented degree, yes that was my point exactly. This is not the usual way things work, but here we are.

If you are this mad that you guys don't win swimming medals any more, watch something else. Or do they not stream all the sports in Australia? -- I've never been down there, so I don't really have a feel for how backwards you are.

>killing medleys
let's also kill Gymnastics All-Around as well, and the Decathalon, because who really gives a fuck about those things right?

Explain why they dropped softball because the US women won all the golds except one and the lack of parity was cited why it was taken off.

Deal with it, Britbong. Baseball was taken off because MLB players outside of the dregs won't play.

I don't think you know what "across the field" means

What's with the constant stream of shitty strawman arguments, you odious fat nigger?

No one is talking about the fucking gymnastics, stick to the conversation about swimming.

Chomsky is a pretentious and ungrateful little shit.

is the "swimming has too many events" an meme or actual, legitimate butthurt?
i can't tell anymore.

if GB were winning this guy wouldn't be here right now

Baseball was dropped because the IOC capped the sports and it doesn't attract enough global interest and participation

It's back in 2020 so dry your eyes, fatty

>the unpopular jewish kid growing up
>always bullied and called a kike
>becomes a contrarian and self loather
>becomes famous and loved by euros and anti semites everywhere
fucking disgusting human being for sure

>I don't know how to use hyphens so I'll put them on anything close to appropriate

We succeed at cycling and rowing and I still think they offer too many events; Lightweights in rowing for example should be dropped

Why would you want less of any event

>implying rowing, equestrian, archery are more popular.

TRY HARDER. It's simply about butthurt that MLB players won't play even though the Olympics happen in the middle of the most important part of the MLB season.

That was pretty great. Ain't gonna lie.

OH FUCK THEY SPOTTED LESLIE JONES IN THE STANDS AT BEACH VOOLEYBALL AND ARE SUCKING UP TO GHOSTBUSTERS OLYMPICS RUINED WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

Anyway, also watching the little Singapore dude win gold was also great -- can you imagine how much pussy he is gonna get, "I won our first gold medal in swimming by beating the best Olympic swimmer of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!

Because they cap sports and the amount of medals on offer, which makes it difficult for other sports to be included in the program, or puts those already in at risk of being dropped entirely.

>America is the only country in the world

Do they even teach you there are other countries throughout the world at those "schools" of yours?

This whole argument about there being too many swimming events is only really worthwhile if you use the total medals earned to value a country's worth. Which is a popular source of banter here on Sup Forums but in reality is pretty stupid.

and you would rather see what exactly? Snooker?

They are not more popular than baseball worldwide, you gook. That is a fact. Look it up.

No, you can keep lying to yourself, but the fact only 16 nations ever competed in baseball at the Olympics. It simply does not have the sort of global participation levels and popularity to justify an inclusion.

364m hurldes handstand backwards

>you

topendsports.com/world/lists/popular-sport/fans.htm

What's wrong with that list?

Here's a hint: All but two of them are olympic events and are both from the same country!

Admit it, the USA get's handcuffed as it is

I think a better use of the butthurt energy you are feeling would be to argue for them to stop capping events and add more events to the world's premiere celebration of multiple sports.

>Implying

You know that there is baseball rankings of over 90 countries right? Why you see 16 is because they are the best, you fucking Britbong. Actually know what the fuck you are talking about before you type.

All three of those sports while not as internationally popular as soccer is played throughout countries in both Asia and Europe you stupid fatties wouldn't even be able to locate on a map

While Baseball is only played by hick, spics (in US territories) and the Japanese

>be Australia
>opening week lead in banter
>wreck an entire country
>feelsgood.rar
>shit in pool
>pool is shit

hahahahahahah

I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes

Squash, more martial arts events, futsal, lawn bowls

90 countries in baseball rankings.

>calls Americans fat
>can't compete with Americans in swimming
Who is the fat one again, Britain?

In that case cricket should be included.

Dropping baseball had nothing to do with trying to fuck over the USA, get that chip off your shoulder.

>15 minutes
if you adjust it for per capita it's only about 2 minutes

>implying baseball isn't popular in Worst Korea
>implying there isn't many baseball league around the world.

Who in the fuck follows archery, equestrian, or rowing outside of the Olympics. WAY LESS THAN BASEBALL.

No, it's because hardly any one gives a shit, hence why it was dropped.

>basedball is back in the grorious Nippon Olympics

Holy shit OP, you absolutely crushed in on (you)'s. No need to even take per capita in to account on this one.

>hurr durr you must be butthurt

Christ, you niggers really are window lickers.

You're right, it should be, which is why there is a massive movement trying to do exactly that for 2024 and it looks like some countries are running on the platform of including it to help their bids including Rome

No, it has to do with money. The IOC wants what happened with basketball with baseball. Big names draw money. Big name refuse to go because it's in the middle of the most important part of the season. No go.

I do think cricket should be there, btw.

MLB big names aren't known outside of the US.

Proxy.

Baseball is the most popular sport in SK.