Tfw favourite album is this by far but I have to pretend I don't like it as much as I do because I don't want to look...

>tfw favourite album is this by far but I have to pretend I don't like it as much as I do because I don't want to look like a Scaruffi drone

music for this feel?

The Beatles

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica

kek

Poseurcore

Why the hell would this be your favorite album?

what's your favorite album?

what is yours?

Of all time?

Pic related.

Just don't talk about it like it's the second coming for Christ and understand why people DON'T like it.

My favorite band is Royal Trux and I get shit on all the time when I play it for people but I don't get defensive, I just say how I understand why they wouldn't like them, explain why I do, they explain why they don't like it and usually we have a great discussion. A lot of times people end up at least "getting" it, even though they might not bang to it everyday.

of course
now fuck off and go post it in another 200 threads

Ok that..doesn't answer my question though.
Why is it his favorite?

Why DO you like them? I heard their most accessible album and it was more off putting than TMR by far.

Why tho

Props for a nice reaction image at the very least.

>Why tho
Bowie's best vocal performance, a very well done concept album, I enjoyed the funk-musical style and I liked a lot of Mike Garson's piano work on the album.

Them's some good reasons. Carry on user.

I really like the dissonance mostly. It really makes me feel things I can't describe and only feel when listening to music like Royal Trux but I've ruled that Royal Trux is the best so far. I do really like Trout Mask Replica for the same reasons but it's a bit more light-hearted so there's a touch of dark humor to it where as a lot of Royal Trux songs are just pure catharsis. I don't know, I guess it's like Christgau said about Trout Mask Replica "Great for a bad day because no matter how bad you feel, you'll never feel as shitty as this album". I listen to the music and really get into it, so much it could be considered a kind of meditation I guess. I focus on every sound I can hear in the mess. At the end I have a glow I can't really describe.

That only really applies to their stuff like Twin Infinitives, if you listened to stuff like Let's Get Lost then I like that for different reasons and not nearly as much. Their more accessible stuff is just like cool Velvet Underground jam sessions.

Thanks man

>it could be considered a kind of meditation

shit I never thought of this, I know a lot of meditation revolves on focusing on something to eliminate all other thoughts, I'm going to try this some time

I've had a lot of good experiences with mantras and the candle/incense method.

you should really listen to more albums...

No probs yo. We all like different shit for different reasons.

I listen to plenty of albums. I don't know why you're getting that I don't listen to any from my favorite album.

You're chill and I like you, man.

i'm sure you can determine the amount of albums he has listened from that post, idiot

Life is too short to get angry over people's taste in music, right?

Damn straight, brother.
What's your favorite Bowie album?

This is the attitude you pretentious hipsters need to take. At the moment I see you fucks less as trendy and cool and more like people I just want to fuck up. Take a humble outsider approach, not an I'm better than you approach. I'd make this guy my squad's Kramer.

I'm not the biggest Bowie fan (nothing against him, just haven't gotten around to listening to his discog) so I can't say I have a favorite. Though I really like what I've heard from The Man Who Sold the World.

Is your favourite album Twin Infinitives? Because that's my second favourite album after TMR

Definitely one of my favorites, I don't know if I could have just one favorite album.

My top 5 bands right now are Royal Trux, This Heat, Faust, Public Image Ltd. and the Pop Group.