Rate my current top 10

Rate my current top 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ly3P6-PCeYw
discogs.com/Rupert-Clemendore-And-John-Buddy-Williams-Le-Jazz-Primitif-From-Trinidad/release/3443027
youtube.com/watch?v=KTQlhXij66g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit

Merriweather is good
everything else is overrated

Shit

A top 10 where I actually like all the albums, nice taste

Medulla, OKC, TMS, TBK and Good Apollo are all in my Top 100

I would say you could use a better Bjork album but other than that you're doing very well.

Lmao

kinda pleb

it seems like you're still developing your taste in music

>I've been browsing Sup Forums for a whole week guys
fuck yourself and don't listen to they're telling you that you have "nice" taste when in reality you're just a newfag who stumbled upon Sup Forumscore
fuck off
angry sage

Good Apollo is definitely underrated

>hurr durr you're not a TRUE Sup Forumstant
Jesus Christ, can't people unironically enjoy what this board has turned into a meme?

Show us your definition of good taste then

>that top 10
Actually listen to some music that's not just posted on Sup Forums dude.

notice how I didn't say that?
Almost every album in OPs chart is literally the Sup Forumscore chart you fucking nonce
I never said anything about being a "true Sup Forumstant"
what a stupid fucking retort, I'm not going to post my chart because no matter what I have on it, you faggots will lash out at me because I'm not agreeing with your stupid fucking echo chamber mentality
all of you can and should go fuck yourselves

>radiohead, bjork, the cure, nine inch nails and joy division are only posted on Sup Forums

Holy fuck, calm down son
Its a sad thing when people cant like music just because some people on Sup Forums meme'd it to death

No but it's basic and boring as fuck taste, it's annoying to see the same shit posted as people's favorites year after year, especially since these are the people who BEG for recs because it's apparently impossible to discover music on your own or something.

I never said that the albums were bad, in fact I really like Spiderland
I'm saying that the fag saying "nice taste" is just perpetuating the echo chamber mentality that a majority of Sup Forums seems to have
I'm plenty calm it's just very frustrating to see posts like this because I know they actually mean it

>echo chamber mentality
What do you mean by that?

>OKC - 7/10
>Medulla - 7/10
>The Money Store - 5/10
>Disintegration - 7/10
>Spiderland - 4/10
>The Downward Spiral - 6/10
>To Be Kind - 4/10
>MPP - 5/10
>Unknown Pleasures - 8/10
>C&C - 2/10

So, on average alone, I rare your top ten a 5.5/10.

Now rate mine, fellas.

>person posts chart that is literally the top 10 albums on the Sup Forumscore chart
>other newfag comes in and says "nice taste :)"
>OP thinks he's a special snowflake with "nice taste :)"
>proceeds to perpetuate this mentality
>newerfag comes along and posts a chart that is literally top 10 Sup Forumscore
>OP says "nice taste :)"
its a never ending cycle and if you've had the misfortune of being here longer than 4 years you'd know what I mean

the term echo chamber is wrong, he basically means people just post the same shit over and over again because that's all they know because Sup Forums is largely populated by people who have been here less than a year and are just getting into music.

See, you don't actually care about music if you think someone's top 10 should be "original" and made up of obscure stuff. You use it as some sort of fashion statement, which is sad and pathetic.
Maybe these albums are so popular and widely respected because they are actually good.

You sound boring and basic.

5/10

I meant to say "rate". I said "rare" when I meant to say "rate". I'm sorry.

Shitty albums, but they will get you laid by chicks who have pleb taste.

Found the patrician

this is the single most retarded "arguments" I've ever seen
nobody thinks OP has a unique or great taste except for mega normies like yourself
yeah they're okay albums but they aren't the end all be all of music
there's people who really do enjoy finding new music that isn't shoved in their face through Sup Forums
you and OP are clearly not those people
fuck yourself you mong

What if a person with a top 10 similar to OP's has a library mostly full of obscure music, but he doesn't like any of it as much as the relatively basic albums in his top 10? He still actively tries to discover new albums based on what he likes, but none of them can match these entry-level albums in his opinion?

I'm
Just recently 4 years on Sup Forums, these albums are universally acclaimed, I think it's important to realize that. The problem is that most people on Sup Forums haven't gotten past the entry level stages yet, and they only get their recs from Sup Forums, therefore they stay in a bubble all their life and never explore, therefore Sup Forums just has the same discussions over and over again.
That's a lot of assumptions there. My chart has like I think 5 sympho black albums, I'm not concerned with being being patrician and listening to obscure stuff. I just think music is a personal journey, and as such you should follow your own path. I really hate the idea that people have to start at the top and work their way down, music is a broad spectrum that should be freely explored regardless of obscurity. However I realize most people disagree with me, so whenever I comment that someone's chart (who they ask people to rate btw) is really basic and that they should explore more, everyone gets defensive and attacks me. The problem comes in that when enough people have this attitude, they spread it to the rest of the board, and the entire board stays in the bubble that I've mentioned.

Basically Sup Forums is one of the largest newfag boards out there, and it's annoying to people who have been here for any extended period of time.

Why are you even asking people, why do you give a fuck, just listen to whatever the fuck you want, feel free to explore around, or not. Just enjoy music, it's not hard to find music around. Easiests medium to find.

I'm not saying that this is the case all the time but I'll offer what I think might be the cause of this
he has a preconceived idea that these 10 albums are the end all be all and that no other album will reach the heights these albums do
there is the potential that maybe these albums really do appeal to him on a level that no other album ever could but I find that hard to believe seeing as there is a massive wealth of music to be found
it's unfortunate that it is this way because for my own selfish reasons I think everyone should be exploring music at the level I do, but then I realize I have a lot more free time than a lot of posters here and I am brought back to reality, though it does get ever more frustrating seeing threads like these

I'm again
what 4 symphonic black albums are you talking about?
have you heard youtube.com/watch?v=ly3P6-PCeYw yet? one of my favorite releases last year

No shame in plowing pussy to shitty music.

I'll just post chart, and no i haven't, might check it out soon, thanks.

OP here. This is entry-level and if I discover new music it will definitely change. It's not permanent, these charts. They can change for some people and for some, it doesn't. My chart will improve as I discover more music.

You will all hate me for this, but I have literally listened only to one band throughout the entirety of the year. I would love to explore music, but I'm genuinelly autistic, not listening to something from this band just feels wrong. It became a way to cope and it feels wrong not having it around.

I feel really bad for not exploring more of music which I would love, but I can't do it, I'm too obessed to let this go, it became sorta personal shit.

I envy those who can listen to like twenty different albums from different artists without being weirded out or being put off, not by it being harder music to consume but simply because it is not the band yo've fallen in love with. Fuck autism.

dude what the fuck, a ton of my favorite albums are here
I don't know if you'd be interested but you have an incredibly similar chart to mine, if you would ever be down to chat my email is in the name

nice meme dude
Part of it is just frustration because
a. spoon feed threads like this are really lame
b. it's really hard to spoon feed people when they're taste is so broad and generic. It's frustrating because I actually like spoon feeding but I can't do that with your chart because there's really very little direction to it. So you'll get a lot of fuck offs and meme responses because people can't rec you shit if you don't give them anything to work with. I'm not saying don't post your chart, but don't make spoon feed threads if your favorites don't give anyone any hints, you're at the stage where you just need to experience as much as possible.
Weird, I have autism and I can't listen to an album more than a few times before I'm sick of it, no matter how much I like it. I'll watch the same youtube videos by the same people over and over again though, so go figure on that one.

Divine Styler is really nice
you heard The Last Poets?
jack rose was pretty good
listen to An Evening with Rev. Louis Overstreet if you haven't beeps
if this isn't a troll then you should listen to Squirrel Bait

>listen to An Evening with Rev. Louis Overstreet if you haven't beeps
I have. It's great.

>Weird, I have autism and I can't listen to an album more than a few times before I'm sick of it

It is worth to mention that Autism does different thing to different people. So it is totally normal you can't relate to the way I treat music. Loving repetition and having obessions is one of autism's big symptoms though.

no i haven't, what kind of shit are they?

nice nice nice listen to
discogs.com/Rupert-Clemendore-And-John-Buddy-Williams-Le-Jazz-Primitif-From-Trinidad/release/3443027

it's excellent
uh it's super intense stuff from 1970 featuring African percussion styles and a sort of spoken word/poetry/extremely primitive rap over top
proto-hip hop basically
youtube.com/watch?v=KTQlhXij66g

I'll give it a shot. Thanks, bud

its not a meme I'm the guy you were talking to, if you dont want to talk then I understand but I am being serious

I quite enjoy five of those, and sometimes listen to a sixth. So I'll give you 5.5/10. That's good

Embarrassing post, would be equally at home in a cringe thread or in a "Why this board is dogshit in a nutshell" thread.

I hope your musical taste is godlike to compensate for your abortion of a personality

Closer is better than unknowm pleasurea

I'm talking about your email, nice meme, I'm sure it's your real email. If it is, I don't know what to tell you, that's pretty maximum cringe.

>cringe
its a silly email set up with a silly but secure email service
I don't know what to tell you if you think that's so cringey

I mean if it's a private shit and not something you publically give to people, then that's cool, I just thought that was your public email and that would've been retarded.
I'll send you an email.

Don't bother with Death Grips or AnCo (or Swans, really) because they are memes perpetuated by pitchfork. Otherwise your taste is decent but very average. Joy Division is good though. 4/10.

Can I get some recs?

ya I recommend you fucking kill yourself

Is this a chart thread now? and sure, try Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star and Black Moth Super Rainbow - Dandelion Gum

>Spiderland

Why is the autistic version of swans on there

your taste is generic, not bad just generic, i guess you have probably been on Sup Forums for around 4-8 months, try Kate Bush and the Sisters of Mercy if you haven't already.