Stranger things thread

Stranger things thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

investmentwatchblog.com/george-soros-and-the-rothchilds-banking-elite-connections-exposed/
theamericanmirror.com/hillary-donor-let-know-penance-owe/#more-18243
sarawakreport.org/2016/08/90-federal-police-officers-raided-edmond-de-rothschild-bank-how-aabar-scandal-could-dward-1mdb/
youtube.com/watch?v=claY2UU9-5c
youtube.com/watch?v=tshLc6jYm2Q
youtu.be/AQt9tM3fWsY
youtube.com/watch?v=AQt9tM3fWsY&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

up+

I actually liked the show. And because of Netflix I watched it without any commercials

literally just finished the last episode. my girlfriend liked it a lot better than me. i don't really get what all the fuss is about, there's plenty of retro stuff around these days

i mean yes it was good, but after seeing everyone on FB shit their pants over it, i expected much better

And the season two is anounced for 2017, and the first episodes call madmax! #hype

fuck off normies gb2 tv

I saw like 3-4 episodes and lost all interest. It seemed interesting but the whole teenage high school drama bullshit killed it for me. The main kid's sister is a whore, her friends and her bf are douchebags, and it was annoying as shit.

Yup. I think exactly the same thing.

Someone meme of stranger thing here? pls, i like it haha

up

I was confused as to why they just killed the owner of the diner immediately for even knowing about the girl but the sheriff finds out more about them after he find fake body, breaks into faculty and he just gets put back in his trailer after they catch him.

Any r34 yet?

The thing is its a fantastic story with great pacing and basically no jump scares. It's creepy, and well written.
Theres not a lot of shows out there that do this, fellas

Soros just a puppet and cover for ROTHSCHILD
> investmentwatchblog.com/george-soros-and-the-rothchilds-banking-elite-connections-exposed/

Hitlary's e-mail to ROTHSCHILD : ‘Let me know what penance I owe you’
> theamericanmirror.com/hillary-donor-let-know-penance-owe/#more-18243

“possibly the largest money laundering operations ever uncovered" - released recently
> sarawakreport.org/2016/08/90-federal-police-officers-raided-edmond-de-rothschild-bank-how-aabar-scandal-could-dward-1mdb/
90 Federal Police Officers Raided Edmond de ROTHSCHILD Bank!

Jean-Claude Van Damme calls out Rothschild and Rockefeller connection on live TV
> youtube.com/watch?v=claY2UU9-5c

Rothschilds Own Hillary Clinton: Isn't That Nice? - by ex-Huffington Post journalist
> youtube.com/watch?v=tshLc6jYm2Q

more @ ...

BARB LIVES MATTER

That would start to get really suspicious if they killed everyone that knew anything.

trolling?

Is this Fughan leddit

i like it

The diner guy didnt know shit. The sheriff know everything.

This guy knew A LOT. They could just got him drunk and sent him to some bar to preemptively discrediting him, or gotten him killed by some "car acident". Getting him back on the trailer was fucking dumb.

it's because you're a hipster in the way that when you hear 'everyone' saying something is good, you need to say the opposite. classic contrarian hipster shit

[15:38, 2/9/2016] max diaz: That Kissing SceneMillie Bobby Brown and Finn Wolfhard have very different opinions about how bad the kiss they shared turned out on the set of Netflix's Stranger Things. Subs...www.youtube.com
[15:38, 2/9/2016]max diaz:youtu.be/AQt9tM3fWsY

youtube.com/watch?v=AQt9tM3fWsY&feature=youtu.be

It wasnt about being retro. it was about being sci-fi

le 80's. diz u guys get it wus set in the 80's?

HAHAHAHAH TOP TOP TOP

UP UP UP

Well the sheriff was an important character you shits. He made the story move along. Without him the story wouldnt have gone anywhere.

Protip: His shirt says Waupaca, WI. That's where I'm from.

It was the best film adaptation of Firestarter and IT. Would Stephen King again.

ET* bikes mothafucka

Why did Nancy get back with that douche, Steve?

He became less douchy, saved her, and she was still atracted to him?

I meant what I said.

Hardly. That douche showed up at the last second and hit the monster with a bat. I wouldn't call that saving anything. Plus, not enough time had passed after he basically called her a slut and was a total asshole to her.

thanks i thought everyone was brainwashed

so i suppose you go to church every sunday with mom and dad even though you don't believe in god because it's "ok" and that's what "everyone" does

well i would say that's a good thing, except the storyline was not at all original. ever played a little computer game by the name of "Half Life"?

Good show, saw the first season!

It was pretty good to me. gonna watch s2. but i dont watch horror/suspense shit often

Binge watched it Friday. Wife was watching when I came home from work, made her start from the beginning so I could catch up.

I enjoyed it, decent show, but over all the last episode was a bit anticlimactic. It would have been better if the girl dragged the monster back to it's own dimension and was trapped there with it. I think the kid spitting up the slug at the end was kind of a poor attempt at a cliffhanger.

>Half Life instead of The Mist
Did you know they took inspiration of Stephen King too? It all comes to that man, bitches. If the series had happened in Maine, it would be one of his novels.

I thought it was really good, but people always over hype shit.

I was thinking about this the other day. What makes it like King? Cuz it;s weird and it's about kids?

huh, interesting. says it's a short novel. i've never had the stomach to read Stephen's massively long-winded unnecesarily slow paced full length novels, but i'll give it a try

i enjoyed it pretty good

except didnt like how it wrapped up with oh le all my power epic sacrifice

Maybe he doesn't like the show because it's a rip off of Stephen King's Mist/Half-life mixed with goonies and it uses gratuitous nostalgia to grab fan boy weebs like you and prevent you from giving the show any critical thought. The show doesn't even do the nostalgia very well either.

What's the Mist connection?

Which SCP do you think will appear in season 2?

Interdimentional monsters breaking loose from a government lab and terrorizing small town folk. Pretty much the entire premise.

How did Will survive in the alternate dimension? He was there for several days. Is there food and water there? What about the atmosphere being toxic, why didn't that effect him? How did he avoid the monster for so long?

OMG LITERALLY WATCHING IT NOW XD

All right. I suppose so. The Mist hardly metnions any of that, its all character, etc. No connections to the monsters.

so a catastrophic instance of plot armor.

It's good because it has that "80s Horror" feeling mixed with that "Goonies" feeling everybody older than 16 loves. It's well writen, even with the kinda boring ending.

You can survive various days without eating. And the atmosphere did affect him. He was coughing Demogorgon fetuses and teleporting in the ending, did you even watched it?
He was constantly hiding from the monster, in his house and in his secret base.

Steve was a good guy!

It's like a combination of his novels. The "it's kids in their young years" ressemble It and "The Body". The Gov organization comes from The Shop, wich is mainly in Firestarter (and Eleven origins are practically the same as in that novel), but also in The Mist, when they create a portal to another dimension with monsters in it. Talking about Ele, her powers are basically Carrie stuff, with a bit of The Shinning. The stuff about a missing kid in another dimmension is done in Tommyknockers.

We will have to see what references the dig up in the next season. I'm expecting something from the Stand.

a month passed, dickwad.
he went Sammy Sosa on that thing with the bat. Manouvered it into the bear trap. The other two were fucked without his rugged manliness.
Also. Steve was a good guy!

she's a whore because she has a boyfriend? lol well now we know who didn't get laid in high school.

You sound like a grade A faggot.
if people weren't talking about this show and you had come across it, you would've loved it like your own child is the point. And you just made that point for the rest of us with your dumb counter culture post

I just finished season 1 as well. Hoping to start season two by 2017

ok thanks for your input, user.

I had multiple friends tell me it was the best show they had ever seen before I watched it.
Watched it.
Decided it was not the best show I had ever seen.
Still enjoyed it alot.
Didn't get angry at reddit and muh main stream media.

same, that shit's been done too many times

you knew it was gonna end that way from the get go though.

>Whatta ya buyin?

Killing Joe Dingleberry and making it look like a suicide is one thing; killing Sherriff McWhiteknight would have brought more reporters and attention to the town when the secret ex-Fed group did NOT want that.

so you didn't like it as a function of you wanting to point out your superior knowledge of pop culture every chance you get.

>hurr durr i read a steven king book.

Countless stories have used that premise. You didn't explain why it wasn't a good show. You just highlighted things about the show that everyone already knew were present. That is not an argument.

The diner guy was early in the show before the sheriff knew anything. If the sheriff had investigated before the diner guy found the girl, sheriff would have eaten a bullet instead. When they kill Hodor at his diner, at that point only he knew about her and the rest was made to look like Will was the runaway kid. Plus the Feds didn't know anyone else saw the kid, which is how sheriff got on the case.

I'm down with all that. I love King, and loved the show, and have no problem borrowing any of it (if its done well).

Because they are flawed characters and he took her virginity? I dunno what more do you want?

Because Will is a badass obviously. They made a point of letting the audience know that anyone else who get grabbed died immediately. Even 11 would high tail it out of there after a couple of minutes.

There were also line drops here and there about how Will was a survivalist, knew how to keep himself out of danger, and was protective of people he felt aligned with, hence showing up at the house and putting himself at risk in order to try and warn his moms.

Will was the best character in the show imo, aside from Steve of course.

>well i would say that's a good thing, except the >storyline was not at all original. ever played a >little computer game by the name of "Half Life"?

you think that's bad, you should check out an 80s movie called 'explorers'

when the fuck did he teleport?

why does everybody jump to the defense of this show? it's an average show at best

You cannot defeat Demogorgon with a fireball. He's got 95% magic resistance and is immune to magical fire. He was the Prince of Hell, people! Why would you even need to roll a d20, unless for his save vs. magic, in which case you would want him to roll *LOW* not high. This show was just so unrealistic and poorly researched!

yeah that guy sounded so bitter.
probably a barb fan.

good show, i really enjoyed first season!

I haven't read Mist, seen Goonies, or have any 80's nostalgia (was born in 88).

I enjoyed it. One of the better shows I have seen lately.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

i think the goober is confusing the ptsd they showed at the end of the episode as 'teleporting', whos to say i guess

who you callin joe dingleberry?

theyre all normies

ITT Sup Forumstards realizing that everything rips off everything else since the dawn of time.

I wanna fuck eleven

So how did he get to the alternate dimension if he wasn't dragged by a monster?

You're fucking dumb imo. They never beat the demigorgon. they got stomped. They beat a chaos hydra or some shit with the fire ball.

Also lrn2 modgaming. This was clearly an advanced customized version of DnD these kids were playing. Too smart for vanilla dnd imo

Oh he meant teleporting to upsidedown world I guess.
I wouldn't be that surprised if they had Will able to world shift in season 2. Very possible that he was actually phasing between the two in that bathroom scene.

This post summed up both my experiences with this show and this website.

s-stop;;;

>Implying you never made up the combat rules of D&D because they were too complicated
I did that as a kid. All we wanted was to kill orcs and dragons, not doing fucking maths

did.. did I just get hacked?

MODS

When Barb got dragged there the beasty didn't kill her immediately.

We can sensibly conclude that Will found himself in a similar situation, but
a) Wasn't a fuckbrain like Barb
b) knew his surroundings
c) was dialed enough into what was happening to him to get the fuck to some measure of safety as soon as he ended up in that world.

Beasty was too slow and dumb to keep up.

the same way nancy and johnathan did.
the thing doesnt teleport to the upside down, it tears a hole between the worlds.

11 dies in the end.

Barb screamed or tried to fight the beast, while Will run away.
Alternatively, seeing as there was something that looked very much like a newly hatched egg on the last episode, Will was kept alive as food for the baby monster.

allegedly.
everyone thought Jonathan Osterman was dead, until he reappeared glowing blue

but then what was the deal with the scene where it killed the rabbit instantly?
but they took their sweet time and walked through
Will was gone in like half a second