Yo b do we have like a

Yo b do we have like a

Know your rights : police edition

Were we discuss our rights in a police encounter whether that be as a pedestrian or a car anywhere on Sup Forums?

Getting stopped and getting our liberties stripped away by these pigs has always been a problem but if we just brainstorm about it we can better prepare ourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cSsy3Du
law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1268.ZO.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nigger confirmed

Stop being a criminal Tyrone and you won't need to worry about it.

You realize the "know your rights" guys typically comply 100% with police and their program is just a scam to sell books and DVDs to impressionable youths who are all fresh with college know it all angst right? In the real world your rights aren't getting violated by the police unless you actually break the law. Yes even just a little thing. It's you turning into an asshole that takes away your chances of not having your rights violated.

You have the right to kill if anyone asked for your name is in the 14.3 subsection nigger and shit m8

Despite what your incredibly knowledgable and informed buddy who works at Walmart tells you, the police do not need a reason to have you exit your vehicle during a traffic stop. As long as they had a reason to pull you over, you are detained. The manner of which you are detained, be it having you remain in the driver seat or have you handcuffed in their car, is completely at the officer's discretion.

I'm tired of seeing YouTube videos of these morons who think they know their rights when they DONT

Sorry. Meant "Flex your Rights". The program where the guy with a grey pony nub goes to the college campuses telling kids that when their dui and they don't want to go to jail just crack your window and hand them this card.

Until miranda rights are given, you are not detained.

This. Nobody seems to understand that even if you just barely touched a line they now have a legal justification to pull you over and remove you from the vehicle. Most won't and if you're cool it'll never come to that. He just wants to make sure you're not drunk. But if you just left tyrones house and Tyrone is known for slinging dope they have every legal right to use your tire touching the white line to pull you over and ask to search your vehicle. You can say no but they know you won't. Hell. Some even wish you would so they could gain experience in that situation as its so rare.

Wrong. Miranda rights are read only after ARREST (different from being detained) and when you are going to be questioned.

Your rights are hardly ever read while they're arresting you anyway. You'll more than likely hear them when they're going to question you.

Absolutely not true. You only mirandize someone if you're interrogating them. Don't believe what you see on law and order. Tv is bullshit. You don't have to get read your rights until you're already being interrogated. Hell some cops will arrest people and turn the radio up on the way to the jail so they can't be baited into conversation on the way and then be accused of interrogation without mirandizing when it comes to court.

I hope you are trolling. You have your rights read after you are arrested. When you are detained, you are not free to leave but you are not under arrest. If you are pulled over for running a red light, you are detained until the officer is done writing your ticket or warning or whatever he chooses.

And this. Arrested persons still don't have to be Mirandized until interrogation.

AM I BEING DETAINED?!?!?

discord.gg/cSsy3Du

If cops come to your house, you offer no resistance, they put you in their car, take you to an interrogation room and you willingly sit down.
1. You are not under arrest
2. You are being illegally detained, as your rights were no spoken to you in your primary language

"Officer am i under arrest"
1.Yes
1a. I demand a lawyer
2.No
2a."Am i being detained"
2b.no
3."Am i free to leave"
3a Yes
3b.No
Request lawyer

Gunna leave this here for you
Please refute my source ;^)
law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1268.ZO.html

Your source doesn't back up your statement fam.

One key detail you're leaving out is context. Yes it matters. If you're not under arrest you can't be mirandized prior to a post arrest interrogation. And if you left with them and we're not under arrest that's your own stupidity.

Yeah, did you even read it?

First of all, Pennsylvania v Mimms determined that the police CAN order the driver out and conduct a pat down. The other case, Maryland v Jerry Lee Wilson has to do with passengers, so I didn't even read beyond that.

You really need to learn how to read

Wait. I thought we were talking about when you mirandize someone and you said they had to be mirandized to be detained. We need IDs. We're on the same team I think. Where were we talking about getting the driver out? Of course that's ok.

Oh, I'm a fuck knuckle lol. I only briefly glimpsed at what you were replying to and thought you were disputing the vehicle stop situation and immediately went off. My bad homie. Lol

All good.