rateyourmusic.com/~phlg
rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_
rateyourmusic.com/~JonathanAltd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

April 2017 Edition

Anyone Else Really Excited

Sonemic will NEVER lunch

redpill me on AKBokrug's taste

I love these threads. Music is my life, and I love rating it.

FOR MY 1000th RATING I AM LISTENING TO POUND SYNDROME BY HOPSIN

rateyourmusic.com/~Montie_Ray

found the embryo

>rym mod messages you about some shit you don't care about
>don't respond back to them

Nothing personal.

why are sodrs 1-5 so based

what's new in rym drama, fellas?

Me

daily reminder that based pabanks completely ethered Esichio and his defenders (read: fellow UHS cohorts) in one fell swoop

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S69862774#p69867921

How do I get into the reviewing game, also do you get fans on rym for your reviews? I want to become the new anthony fantano

I follow some people purely because of their reviews of albums. It definitely can work!

>not getting a cult following with ratings alone

essential rymers to follow?

rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text="follow me boys"

There are a few people I follow because I keep running into their reviews, KildareJohn and Stereobread are the main examples, so many non-Western albums I run into have either one of the two of them as the only review.

I just want my music map working again.

rateyourmusic.com/~michaelkeating

see

big ~strugatsky drone

Why hasn't ChrisPC been banned yet?

Bump

bump

fuck OFF

haha guys check out this nerd over here

rateyourmusic.com/~phlg

why is that?

now watch me hladik

rateyourmusic.com/~jmarvin_

Bitch Dab

Bump

rich is going full pleb this year lmao, can't wait to see him giving 4.5 to kendrick lamar

>full pleb this year

he has always been an ugly faggot with no taste

he gave a 4.5 to divine styler

I changed my homepage from his recent ratings back to google.com after he gave Stars of the Lid 4.5. He's dead to me.

implying he hasn't always been shit

There he comes, the RYM intellectual, acne scars, yellowing teeth, awkward allure, carrying under his muscleless arm a couple of records that he bought with the little money his family gave him for Christmas.
If we take a peek at his possessions we'll see names, among others, such as Morton Feldman and Basic Channel reveal themselves.
The curve, the comment box, AntiWarhol's 4+ ratings, the latest EAI offering, arguing which Onkyo album is the best, hladik, bayar's jawline, are the bread and butter of his lonesome days.
We might even argue that they are the very oxygen of his being: these things compose the essence of his life.
As he wakes up, his first instinct is to check his RYM page, as a kind of safeguard against everything that is part of the real world ("As long as I have my RYM, I can cope in this all too unfair existence").
As soon as he has finished listening to a certain piece of music, he rates it. To the RYM intellectual, to listen to something and not rate it is unthinkable. Imagine him finding out about this great lowercase collaboration and not showing anyone he heard it first!
These men are spirits diviner than the mere mortals that make up the rest of our planet: they do not browse Pitchfork, have only contempt for /daily/, and spend very little time on Sup Forums apart from the thread dedicated to all their whims and fancies.

This inaccessible group is the very cornerstone of Internet's cultural elitism. While they are fully aware and conscious of it, they will never say out loud (that is, on the computer) that they are at last proud to be part of a group, to be part of this select few of individuals that can actually say they can listen to Regis and Edgar Varese, and enjoy the deep insintric values of both.
They are proud of their eclecticism, and while their social lives might not go to plan, they always have the consolation of album listens to fall back upon.
Except sotl is actually good

>tfw to smart for avant-garde music

Fuck yourself. I bet you're a pussy irl. Why don't you post a pic of yourself if you have so much to say. You're pathetic. I could probably beat you into mush if I ever saw you. Keep talking. Make yourself feel like somebody. Pussy.

said man like rateyourmusic.com/~JonathanAltd

>tfw you could beat the shit out of theo with one hand behind your back

>records that he bought

Implying that avant-teens buy music instead of downloading everything on soulseek.

Reminder

Trappin' hard like L "Y" J

> I like real intellectual music! Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, I could go on and on! (but I won't!)

Sorry, did I hit a nerve?

wew

I don't listen to any of that shit but get a grip

Bump

is that really him?