The girls of today may be able to replicate Nadia Comăneci's perfect Olympic routine in Montreal with their eyes...

The girls of today may be able to replicate Nadia Comăneci's perfect Olympic routine in Montreal with their eyes closed, but they would all look like a bunch of small men jacked up on steroids with wigs on, sporting a four o'clock shadow. What makes Nadia and her gold winning performance in Montreal one of the best in Olympic history is because of her physique; at 14 she was a perfect 4 ft, 11 in tall and weighed 99 lbs. She was your average petite girl, and anybody who went to high school knew a few little Nadias. Her performance looked so natural, her execution was flawless, and the way she carried herself showed not a single sign of being under pressure, even considering the degree of difficulty in her routines. She looked as if she was just genuinely having fun – that's what captivated everyone that year, and what earned her the first ever perfect 10. Fourteen year old Nadia went out there looking like a natural young woman, and a cute one at that, not a little body builder that looks like they could outrun a station wagon.

Women's artistic gymnastics is now about little bodybuilding girls tumbling, and is solely focused on execution and difficulty of routines… not artistic beauty.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_5xbd5xdE
youtube.com/watch?v=IW4VTuAdsjA
youtube.com/watch?v=XO1FlKWYyMg
youtu.be/TU1jDDJe0tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NZYPcdj_wn4
youtube.com/watch?v=wt25tUS92m8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Summer_Olympics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_5xbd5xdE

this shit is so much better than modern groid flip

You started the littlemen arms race by indroducing niggers.
In 8 years gymnastics will be mens' and short(er) mens' on worse apparatus. The freehands would already look amost the same as the worst men if "girls" didn't do whore dancing in between jumps.

interesting to see VERY old gymnastics videos too, e.g. from 1936
youtube.com/watch?v=IW4VTuAdsjA

much more "artistic" than today in a sense

Isn't artistic beauty what rhythmic gymnastics is focused on though?

Sort of, but there it's about the bells and whistles, streamers and bows, etc. Not sure why "artistic gymnastics" wouldn't be the proper one for focusing on "artistic beauty."

I've seen a lot of incredible shit in my days, from various martial arts and gymnastics and all kinds of other physical activities.

That video displays the finest and most perfect knowledge of the body's muscular control and coordination I have ever seen.

Far higher difficulty and far more grace than anything the other night.
It takes an absurd level of technique and control to do that level of gymnastics, and no one in these Olympics can touch it.
Not in the slightest.

She flowed like the finest silk.

And she looks human to boot.

This. This is what I was trying to capture in my first post. Just beautiful.

what did she mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=XO1FlKWYyMg

delet this

was gymnastics just a way to professionalize pedophilia?

yes

youtu.be/TU1jDDJe0tQ

They do whatever it takes to win. Right now it's really only that genetic freak Simone Biles ruinng it although I guess the trend for everyone is more tricks & power moves. I've seen some more elegant routines still. But they don't get the gold medal..

>Women's artistic gymnastic
They should change the name to Power Gymnastics desu senpai, is looking more like NCAA tournaments then the Olympics.

Unfortunately "winning" is something different now - difficulty wins, not artistry.

>She looked as if she was just genuinely having fun – that's what captivated everyone that year, and what earned her the first ever perfect 10.
You know how I know you didn't witness her at the time? 'Cause she NEVER once looked like she was having fun.

She grew into a looker, too.

And I agree, they need to return the artistic and flexibility elements and focus less on the strength.

really now. watch and tell me otherwise

East bloc athletes were forbidden from smiling.

nah, she was cuter back then~ :3

saw it live, and I'm telling you.
I don't need an edited film to tell me how it was.

alright, so what, those smiling shots of her face during the routine were all edited it in after?

btfo

>a bunch of nostalgic retards jerk off over mediocre performances

Every four years like clockwork.

>nostalgic retards
you misspelled pedophilia

what, couldn't respond to so then you go ahead and make another shit post?

fuck off my mang

I'm not the same person, I'm not even Canadian.

But this exact thread happens every four years and it's literally nothing.

>denying little girls have good bodies
>2k16
wew

>pretending this is (solely) what gymnastics is about
W E W

not sure what your point is. i'm just highlighting how artistic gymnastics has changed over the years. the team now is godtier, but it's not about artistic stuff anymore, only difficulty and strength

Whiteys mad cause blacks took over this sport too kek

samefag, canadafag

>implying i'm white

My point is that there's nothing less artistic about what the do now, but the difficult and skill required has made the athletes themselves less feminine, and as a result made the performances less pleasing to look at on the surface.

You're limiting the boundaries of art because you don't really understand art.

I dunno. Floor gymnastics let the girls throw their bits of style and flair into it. I just feel like there's a lot of buttmad coming from pedophiles, non-American countries and Sup Forums because our last two all-around women's champions were black.

>what is Inspect Element

Also I can understand the appeal of watching cute white girls do things instead of muscly black girls, but trying to deceive yourself by writing a pseudo-intellectual tl;dr is disingenuous.

I too would love it if all the gymnasts were cute but I'm not going to claim it's not artistic gymnastics because they aren't.

not sure why pedos couldn't like black people too
i'm fine with the current team, and it's great black athletes are coming into prominence (in non-athletics events kek), but i'm talking about how the sport/competition is changing regarding its philosophy, judging/scoring, execution, etc.

maybe we don't have to focus on difficulty? i don't really care what the athletes look like - that's not all there is to it, obviously - but it is one component in a way. even disregarding that performances now are less fluid and pleasing to watch as said (apart from a few good moments, e.g. end of gabby's floor routine)

woah, that's was fantastic

too bad she has none

>I'm not going to claim it's not artistic gymnastics because they aren't
see :^)

still amazes me there are people that haven't seen this. not saying that as a bad thing, though

none what?

It's not about how much, Jamal.

I've seen it before, I just never payed attention to how great it really is

youtube.com/watch?v=NZYPcdj_wn4

More that pedos don't like muscly or "manly" looking girls but I suppose they could be racist, too.

just another thing niggers ruined

also very fucking impressive

i'm sure some do, just as some people like manly looking guys

Hottest gymnasts in the last few years have been Alicia Sacramone and Aly Raisman. Both over 20 at their peak and both with notably curvaceous bods.

>that genetic freak

It's not just her, though. It's become requisite that you be a genetic oddity to medal.

did they leave humanity behind?

>subjective

Today's black competitors arent any different than the white girls. Blacks didnt ruin anything you retard

t. black man

t. cuck

Gymnastics has replaced difficulty of execution with difficulty of performance.
Now, flashy jarring moves are more important than fluid grace, because it "looks" more impressive.
But it is easier to do modern clunky gymnastics than the older graceful styles.
Such grace requires massive levels of strength in very lean and limber bodies, because fluid control that makes linked technique look like Swiss precision requires nearly superhuman strength and coordination.

Modern Gym is like an MMA fighter vs. the more classical Gym's Spiderman.
Flashy and rough, but not as strong in actuality as the more graceful and fluid stuff from the 60s-2008 or so.

T H I S
H
I
S

Not surprised with your flag

>not artistic beauty.
Let's not forget. They're ugly as fuck.

>trying to use logic on Sup Forums
should have guessed it

>nadia
>ugly
wew lad

Not Nadia. Today's bunch.

You take vaulting for example.
A while back, vaulting was about the grace of the vault from run-up to landing.
The more a vault looked like one solid move rather than a series of moves, the higher the score.
Now however, very intricate and powerful moves are the scoring defining element, with grace and fluidity taking a back seat.

And there's a simple explanation for this. Aside from wooing the crowd with flash, these moves are actually safer than the old school vaults. Simply because it doesn't take as many vaults to learn and master a highly difficult vault as it does to master a lower-level vault to the point where it looks effortless and fluid.

It takes many thousands of vaults to make oneself fluid and graceful as fine silk, and that adds up the danger level greatly.
Youth athletics/sports today are heavily regulated for safety. So now, it's flash over execution because it's safer to be flashy than to spend months/years developing fluid grace that makes many moves look like a single move.

Liability and lawsuits kill sports of all kinds.

>You'll never have a qt Olympian gymnast waifu
>Why live

for the most part, yes. some exceptions

Do you guys even possess a personality or you're living your lives through memes?

sauce where
i don't think "danger levels" have changed all that much...

>he doesn't live his life through memes

>femininity no longer valued in girl's artistic gymnastics
>nigs now able to win an event
>SJW's couldn't possibly be responsible

You have much to learn.

This tbqh

why shouldn't black people be able to win? but the fact that the way the performer conducts themselves or how graceful they are (in the context of female competitions; male gymnastics is something else) is not taken into account at all is ridiculous

You're forgetting the danger involved with practice.

Like I said, to master a technique to the point where someone looks as fluid as water like - takes countless attempts.
And by logic, the more you times you do something dangerous, the more likely you are to have an injury.
Practice does make perfect, yes, but merely doing the activity causes a chance of serious injury in each attempt.

Almost like Russian Roulette.

>nd the way she carried herself showed not a single sign of being under pressure, even considering the degree of difficulty in her routines. She looked as if she was just genuinely having fun – that's what captivated everyone that year,

Nostalgia goggles all around

I don't defend niggers but Simone Biles effortlessly won gold and looked like she was having fun doing it

youtube.com/watch?v=wt25tUS92m8

what the team does today is dangerous as well... remember the gymnast who broke his leg on the vault? incredibly easy to get hurt

the olympics are about athleticism. If you want femininity watch a beauty pageant

they should, under the old rules

but she won because her routine was difficult and she did it well, not because her routine was graceful. watch

Bad thread, you should all feel bad

Biles is literally a little boy.
She looks like the male kids from junior competitions.
If that's the future of the sport they could be gone with gendered competitions and go by weight classes instead because they'll look more like men every four years.

why?
nice review m8

>he thinks this
>is more athletic than this
SJW confirmed

I absolutely agree. Have the dance routine stuff in other competitions, but leave that stuff out of the Olympics. Never liked womens gymnastics until they started getting more serious about their technical work. Olympics competitions should be as close to objective athleticism as possible

>beauty pageant
>femininity
jesus christ

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_competitions_at_the_Summer_Olympics

it really isn't. The fact that the sport is and was even more so then limited to prepubescent girls says a lot about the athleticism of the sport

oh those things they discontinued in the 50s?

you fucking know what i mean

>oh those things they discontinued in the 50s?
because they were professionals, and the olympics were for amateurs only

then the line between amateur and professional got blurry, especially as both started getting paid

now professionals are allowed in

I'm a designer, I appreciate artistic competitions as much as the other guy, but save the architectural competitions for the Pritzker prize, not the olympics. Also artistic competitions are highly dependent upon the context and politics of the times, and could lead to sympathetic and tremendously biased judging vs. shit like who crossed the line first, or breaking down the difficulty of a gymnastics routine.

>it really isn't

Thank you

Come on guys, let's take our nostalgia goggles off for good.

It's just like when people reminisce about football players from back in the day, you all KNOW some of these fuckers would get flattened by the men out there today.

With the exception of Maradona modern soccer players would run circles around the players from back in the day, but still people will always argue that they were better back then.

Babe Ruth would probably never even make it onto a modern MLB team.

Get your heads out of your asses, guys.

and it was never or ever will be reinstated

>nostalgia goggles
no reason for these, i'm not old or anything. haven't even watched more than a few olympics :^)

obviously, just a point that they're not all about athleticism - or they are, but that's not just defined as "who's the strongest"

What a cuckold. Some nations are willing to cheat to get young girls in and that's because they are simply better at gymnastics and always will be.

>it really isn't
of course it is, they don't even allow some of what she did today

why are there so many right-wing feminists here

>The girls of today may be able to replicate Nadia Comăneci's perfect Olympic routine in Montreal with their eyes closed
They literally can't because the bars are different.
Also none today has her grace and effortlessness, their bulky upper bodies prevent them from doing anything but flip. This year was the worst collective performance at the beam because the little hulks can barely stand in line anymore.

>What a cuckold.

Not the guy you're talking to, but why are you slinging this meme term around pointlessly? It's like you're a 4th grader calling something he doesn't like "gay"

I know. The point is they would be able to if the bars were the same, or if they practiced doing it. They're talented. But like you said, "none today has her grace and effortlessness."

You're welcome.

it's a meaningless overused meme term, is this your first time on Sup Forums?