Is Alistair Overeem the best heavyweight ever if he wins against Stipe Miocic at UFC 203 for the heavyweight belt?

Is Alistair Overeem the best heavyweight ever if he wins against Stipe Miocic at UFC 203 for the heavyweight belt?

>inb4 Fedor
Submitted through triangle choke by Werdum, who was tko'd by Stipe in the first round for the belt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yU7ZnCmMGTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's a good heavyweight because heavyweights are shit.

and fedor.. fedor was just surprised by new fighting style. it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

fedor is goat. fedor would decimate reem.

Gracies could beat any weight class if they didn't change the rules to stop their dominance

Fedor

When's this

What rules did they change?

Kek really just some nigger is about to be the greatest heavyweight ufc fighter ever if he beats some guy nobody has heard of.

Go follow a real sport

Buttflustered bjj baby mad that his black belt heroes are being knocked out left and right.

Stipe doesnt look like a heavyweight, he has the same body as John jones.

yeah probably, its only a matter of time untill he get rekt by usada tho

Reem went from 150 to 225.hes the Barry bonds of the mma world.glass jaw he will lose.

Prime Fedor was possibly GOAT, but he refused to fight in the UFC when Pride had become talent-less, meanwhile UFC was stacked (specifically at leighter divisons). You can say Fedor is GOAT, but you have to consider Werdum beat him, and Werdum is also possible GOAT who was tko'd by Stipe, who is facing another GOAT who imo is the best ever with his K1 career just tearing shit up.

If it was a contest of bjj, prime Royler would beat probably everybody, but mma isn't like it was in first UFC.

10th September

Use to pull hair, punch groins etc.

>Nobody has heard of.
Half Jamaican half dutch, has belts in ever major promotion over decades. Has beaten nearly all the greatest heavyweights there has ever been in the UFC, guy makes 6 figures off a single fight.

Balkans are wide, Stipe is so fast and his short right hand is something nobody has which he just puts and these 265 monsters walk into like a brick wall.

I don't think so.

He definitely took steroids at some points, like everybody really. Glass cannon more like.

Lighter*

I remember somone got what looked like a mounted crucifix, but he had his legs instead of his arms, and just started to hammer fist the fuck out of his balls.

>Is Alistair Overeem the best heavyweight ever if he wins against Stipe Miocic at UFC 203 for the heavyweight belt?
>>inb4 Fedor
>Submitted through triangle choke by Werdum, who was tko'd by Stipe in the first round for the belt.

Not to say Fedor was the best, but your reasons for why he sucks could be said of Overreem.

I.e. Fedor sucks because he lost to Werdum to lost to Miocic.

How about Overeem sucks because he got KOed by Bigfoot to lost to way-past-his-prime Mir.

Or, Overeem sucks because he got KOed by Rothwell who lost to Gonzaga.

Overeem shouldn't be in consideration of GOAT considering his MANY loses throughout his career, sometimes to journeymen fighters. Having a string of loses after exiting your prime like Fedor is to be expected of any fighter on the decline.

Yes.

Glass jaw Overeem is obvious, but saying a person is bad because he loses a lot does not mean what you think it does.

Ok so, losing in MMA only makes you better, it either ignites a fire in your belly so you start training like a beast (for example, McGregor Diaz 2, you can see how visibly angry and eager he is to fight in the press conference, weigh-ins etc.) or you eventually just decline with losses amounting to the end of your career.

Losing makes you a better fighter. GOAT heavyweight is Ali who had loses even before his decline, losing twice to the same person, but you would still consider him to be top 3 if not GOAT. Overeem has a record that I don't see any other heavyweight having with him currently looking ridiculous with his wierd ass knees that somehow come out of the most unorthodox angles and timings.

Who is GOAT heavyweight mma fighter then? I would say Reem, Carwin (he isn't even 265, guy killed light heavy and heavy as less than 265), and Werdum. I don't believe Fedor was GOAT, it's like saying CroCop was but that guy was on roids with those headkicks.

if he wins, best hw ATM.
best hw EVER? no.

Who then? I just don't see it being Fedor. He is the guy people who don't watch MMA find out about on WatchMojo or some buzzfeed top10

stipe is gonna ko this stiff clown

dont waste your time with these fake heavyweights, take a look at real bodybuilder
youtube.com/watch?v=yU7ZnCmMGTk

Couture
Fedor
Nogeira (big)/ Mir/ Werdum?

Stiff? Have you watched him throw knees from so far with that sort of him movement at 265+? He is not stiff but relative to Overeem, Stipe seems stiff with his drop off punches.

Was expecting him to fail push ups.Failure was not an option.

I guess you could argue Couture but the guy is really fucked being inbetween two weight divisions with no natural weight to cut under like GSP who cuts to 165 from natural weight (cutting = advantage).

Fedor, I won't say why he is not.

Which Noegeira? Oh, big. Yeah he is possibly the best but I think Werdum is better since he submitted him.

Mir would have been the best ever for sure, but man wtf happened to this guy. He surely had some family problems or such but this guy had the makings of GOAT heavyweight. It is a shame we won't see that Mir with his age, and Brock beat him and countless others, the guy is a staple heavy but not even a top 5 heavy (prime Mir was not top 5 either, but if he kept on that track for another year of title defense, maybe 2-3 defences the guy would've go on to really fuck the division up). Werdum yes, but when Werdum wins against Cain (don't see that happening) he will fight for the belt probably, then we will see if he is GOAT (late career, won't get many more chances) but if Cain does it, he might fuck shit up for some time.

What's a journeyman?

Reem is what happens when you cheat and get away with it.

Stipe is 100x the man reem is, he will lay reem out then take a shit in his mouth with a retarded ass smile, while he yells "CLEVELAND BABY IM THE WORLD CHAMP x7"

Stipe is not stiff he moves laterally, avoids power shots by rolling with punches, and has great head movement. Reem has been a counter puncher lately, so I put money on stipe by rd 3 GNP tko

Woah, this nigger is at least 10ft tall - white broke cracker has no chance. Just look at this black goliath and the little referee

>journeyman
Fighter who is not really special, just a staple of a division like let's say a Frank Mir for heavy and a Dustin Porier for flyweight.

I don't know who will win, but this is how it will go down for sure.

Firstly, this is not going to be a first round KO type of fight, Stipe knows he has no chance of trying that with Reem (watch Werdum try that), and Reem has a stand up imo is p4p top 3.

Stipe will fake takedowns to keep Reem in check, if Reem gets going he will start his set ups with faints and kicks to body and then wait Stipe out to figure a counter.

Reem is such a freak when it comes to takedown defence, I believe Stipe will eventually bring him down in 2nd or 3rd round but he won't do it without set ups and wearing him down with superior boxing.

Stipe either wins decision or Reem sets up a counter punch or a submission after Stipe brings him down in later rounds.

I would bet on Reem with his experience, superior standup/submission game, but Stipe is like Diaz bros, when he starts boxing and keeps that super human pace, there are few people who can still stand up and not have their heads bounced off the mat.

Compare Stipe to Reem movements, compare how Stipe is faster closer up but Reem has top tier counter punches. I don't see Stipe moving fluidly like an anthony pettis or mcgregor in his aldo fight. Stipe can just set up a right hand which people run into, but reem does not run into shit. Guy can pressure decently, but he won't chase knowing how Werdum slammed his head into Stipe's fucking thunderfist.

The guy is huge, but remember Stipe is also a big guy. There are both 6,4 if I am correct, but beefy as Reem is, check out Stipe's speed and fucking right hand.

I basically based these per their career fights, (regardless if the won or lost) accomplishments (moving weight classes, moving org, HOF, overcoming difficulties.
hey at least theres a goood conv. going on regarding mma which I think is an underrated sport

he hasn't fought Velasquez yet, who probably is top dog now, I bet Cain would take him down easily and finish him there in round 1

but against Stipe Alistair looks very good, heavier punches + monster kicks + no risk of going to ground, should be an easy payday for him

Underrated, you mean discriminated against. MMA will overtake boxing as long as these liberals fuck off with their stupid non violence disgust towards the oldest sport in existance.

A hungry Cain is such a fucking stupidly scary thing. I bet his cardio will be fucking middleweight level if he gets a title shot the way he is going, guy works harder than anyone in MMA.

Actually, i believe Stipe will take him down with his wrestling+speed. Stipe also has right hand nobody can match at HW. If you let Reem do what Reem does, you will get your ribs caved in by kicks from a guy who was K1 champion, and then that kick leads to set ups and set ups reveal how they react if they don't KO and counter punch. Counter punching Stipe is not how it seems though, he is smart like Reem, but if he controls Reem with takedown threats and his fucking stupidly unfair pace when he boxes heavies like he is fucking mightymouse, then he will be able to win by decision.

I want Velasquez Stipe at UFC 210, has he fought Cain yet? Cain has a style I think would make Stipe very, very uncomfortable with his cardio, wrestling, boxing and fucking look at his face. Cain Stipe would be one of the best fights, bloodied up Cain vs challenged Stipe holy shit.

Negative.

Stipe pressured and rocked Roy Nelson and mark hunt. Two of the best counter punchers. Re watch Stipe vs Nelson & vs dos santos(which he won according to every1 but judges)

Then watch reem vs arlovski... He started the fight moving backwards, he has no confidence in his power/chin without roofs. If arlovski was able to tag him at all, stipe can 3x more.

>roofs
Lol roids"

I never understood the interest in this sport. Could someone explain why you genuinely enjoy watching this? What does the win or loss of your "player" mean to you?

You want someone to explain to you why violent fighting is entertaining? And "players" fight for rank, rank 1 fights champion. explain your probably shitty favorite sport

Thanks for explaining the definition. I've heard it a lot and never knew.

no Velasquez hasn't fought Stipe yet too, those are two fights I can't wait to see. but I believe Cain is better than both of them, and Stipes win over Werdum was a flop just as Bispings over Rockholds. they were given a chance and they came prepared. I think both of them should have been instant rematches, but I guess the ex-champions were not too dominant as champions, more like a placeholders. if we talk about heavyweights I don't think it's even possible to be dominant there, any one can knock any other one out any time. except Big Country... only Hunt can knock that rubberhead out. Stipe looked shit against Big Country if you can remember... run away all the time and kitty counter punched him all 3 rounds. Big Country was more tired from chasing Stipe than anything else. that's the problem with Stipe he's ok with any strategy that wins him fight regardless how unwatchable that makes it. no risk of that with Alistair though

my god it's as if hambre had a child with a human black woman

Only if Reem had granite chin ffs we would have such a dominant HW. I have not seen Roy Stipe but i've seen Mark Hunt Stipe and Reem Roy. I agree with the counter punch comment, yeah I guess Reem really has to feel Stipe out (guy is not ordinary, I don't see Stipe's style if he faints 1 leg takedown being read without real long late round reads). If Reem can just start his offense off, I think the only thing protecting Stipe, and most HW's, is their ability to faint takedowns, do takedowns, or read Reem (reading Reem is hard, since he can do flying knees at fucking 265+ and knees at awkward angles and head/body kicks etc.), I hope we see Cain Stipe, I agree, maybe counter punch is not as useful as I thought when he fucked up Arlovski. Mark and Roy are not fast enough for freak pace Stipe, when he puts on that style of Diaz boxing, he is something most the HW's can't deal with except for Cain and Reem with their offensive tools.
The only people who are better athletes than top p4p MMA fighters are all olympians, and oh god who can compete with that level of dedication? MMA is more about skill and surprise than it is what mainstream thinks of it as, a fucking brawl like you see on friday night.
Fighting is as old as humans themselves. Try yourself, in the street or, fuck it, do it to your fucking mom and fight her jk
Man if we get Cain Stipe I will go mad. Bisping is under-rated, plz don't bully my fellow Brit. Yeah, HW's can just roll a dice and if it is above 0 you have a chance of KO (there is always that threat since run into crosses). Roy doesn't count, you can't put Roy in any sort of category for chin except with Mark Hunt and that is about it. Diaz bros too actually. I believe Stipe will be KO'd through Reem set up, whether than is a combination of punches which begin with counter hook (unlikely), or a kick into hook or whatever, he will eventually land something too much for human head to withstand.

all a bit homoerotic this UFC, isn't it

>Diaz bros too actually
yeah... Diaz bros chins are in their legs... their only weakness. I'm not dissing Bisping, he's good, but he's like Miesha Tate, you know it's not going to last even 2 fights... he's lucky they are giving him Henderson in UFC 204, but even that one will not be a pick-nick

Fedor is clearly the best HW of all time at this time, but if Overeem wins the belt & defends it several times, especially if he beats people like Cain , then he'll be there

Agreed. Fedor prime is for some reason good, can't really figure why he is tbh but the guy punches shit and wins.

Bisping can't hold it, but guys just don't give him props for taking down cock(y)hold with a fucking KO, he was p4p #3 then and look at him now. Bisping underdog since like forever, even as champ he is underdog, it is just not fair in anyway you look at it.

Bisping may not be as great of a fighter as Rockhold, but he's the greater warrior. I predicted he'd win by KO.

I don't believe there is another person like Bisping who has overcome such doubt and dis-respect people throw at him. I hope he takes Henderson's head off and then defends it 2 or more times and then he can retire finally breaking that fucking wall of self-doubt. Anyway, goodnight. I'll read posts tmmrw when everything is pruned or archived. Nice talking to an user who isnt "durr mma sucks dick bodybuilding" for once. I should make more of these, fucking jumped at the replies like omg finally an mma fan with a brain.

Michael Jai White would legit curbstomp Overroid if he's in the UFC

good night Sup Forumsro