Easy listening record store music

Sup Sup Forums

I work at a record store, and my colleagues ask me to put on music every once in a while but it's often not 'accessible' enough. What's some patrician but easy to listen to music for a music shop? Not just hipster garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8TdgrXhFk
youtube.com/watch?v=VHPLjyvPkBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just play classics,
tvu, beatles, floyd, simon&garfunkel etc.

motown

This

idk like radiohead B))

I would just play classics.

Mind if you shoot me some insight about working in a record store? I have two record stores in my city and I'm considering calling in to see if they're hiring. Any tips aswell?

Singer Songwriters (Leonard Cohen, Bjork, Dylan, etc.)
Any Indie (Pixies, Pavement, etc.) sure to be a hit
Sythpop (Kraftwerk, Devo, etc.)

This is all the kind of stuff I play in general which is highly respected by "patricians" and is also catchy and easy to listen too. There are charts with more expansive lists if you want I'm just on a phone so I'm not going to start listing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8TdgrXhFk

very easy listening, but because it's jazz people will still think you're patrish

I work in a record store. It's a small, independent shop run by a family. I love this job. I basically play whatever the fuck I want. currently playing This Heat - Deceit. Nobody bats an eye

youtube.com/watch?v=VHPLjyvPkBU

I forgot to mention rap classics too. Like Nas, Madvillian, Wu Tang and stuff.

I think it's key that you have enough knowledge about the most popular music genres and recent history that you can hold a conversation about it. Make sure your enthusiasm comes from your love of music, and you're not trying to be a snob.

Uncle acid style doom metal, blue grass, psychedelic country, blue grass

>guys I gotta look cool in front of my coworkers can you please spoonfeed me good taste?
K E K
E
K

You work at a record store, and your co-workers complain about accessible music? Seriously? I work at a record store, and we play the weirdest shit. Seriously, Sup Forums is extremely tame/normie compared to the shit we play sometimes, and our customers don't even mind.

wow who would have thought pretentious hipsters work at record stores

p.s. while I think the music you're playing is bad and tryhard, I am not going to complain

what do you play that's so massively non-normie?

We mostly play somewhat normie shit, but that's not my point. My point is that we've played harsh noise wall, musique concrete, power electronics, field recordings, etc. on more than one occasion, and nobody complained because its a record store. Complaining about weird music in a record store is retarded.

Play Anal Cunt, fag

People like this are why I still haven't applied for a job at a record store

gotta be careful with these. moms coming in to see the "quaint old record store" can be scared when they hear that scary "n-word"

i only say this because ive heard of people getting in trouble because grandma complains about 36 chambers

We don't hire normies anyways.
Seriously, musical knowledge is part of the interview.

The record store in my hometown will play a lot of weird shit. I've heard noise and field recordings there. another reason why small shops are the shit

>We don't hire normies anyways.
says the guy running windows and wearing shoes he bought at footlocker

fucking poser

>implying

Playing 'weird shit' and having a superiority complex because of it isn't my idea of musical knowledge

Well, I work at a record store and you don't. Keep that normie mindset and you never will.

Play The Blues Brothers soundtrack

Stereolab

God forbid someone doesn't land that slightly above average retail position

>The Breathing Effect
>James Brown
>Arcade Fire
>Talking Heads and other good '80s
>Blood Orange

you work retail, you are peak normie you fucking loser

u realize the term 'weird shit' and throwing genres around doesn't make you sound knowledgeable
give me artists, tracks, background info on em, and why they are impactful to you
lol

Play that Voivod Nothingface record at the record shop