What the fuck this lineup is fucking terrible

What the fuck this lineup is fucking terrible
U2? Are you fucking kidding me? You might as well have gotten Nickelback or One Direction to headline.

>he doesn't immediately read the small names

who gives a fuck about the names at the top?

the fucking lemon twigs are on festivals now

what a shitty meme band

At least they have Kevin Morby tho

nah U2 is good and consistently put on a fantastic show

hello grandpa

i ended up seeing them only because they were opening for car seat headrest. it was.....something

all my normie friends love this lineup.

i think Coachella has a better lineup though. wish U2 was playing at coach tho would have been perfect to play joshaua tree in full over there

U2 is actually the only band on there that I'd be interested in seeing. the rest are shit

I hate U2 but don't see how that's any different then previous line-ups. Last few years the headliners were Pearl Jam, Elton John, Billy Joel. Not saying those are bad but just major popular headliner acts equal to the likes of U2 .

what went wrong?

Damn, festivals have been going way downhill in recent years.

Anyone remember Shaky Knees? 2015 was great. 2016 and 2017 lineups are shit.

shaky knees 2015 was pretty incredible

>The Strokes
>Pixies
>Brand New
>TV on the Radio
>James Blake
>Death From Above 1979
>American Football
>The Mountain Goats
>WAVVES
>Mac Demarco
>Mitski
>Wilco
>Interpol
>Ride
>Noel Gallagher
>Built to Spill
>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Fidlar
>Metz
>Viet Cong
>Black Lips
>Steve Gunn
>Tame Impala
>Preservation Hall Jazz Band
>Ride
>Spiritualized
>Dr. Dog
>Frank Turner
Like what the fuck

those are shit too

they went corporate

One of the worst festival lineups I've ever seen. Leaves a really bad taste.

Livenation bought them out.

Festivals are kind of going through the equivalent process of when Clear Channel bought out all the radio station. A diluting of content and quality.

oh my god this is so fucking bad

christ

For some reason I see this as a sign of something to come for lineups of other festivals.

Would you rather they were in a studio making another iPhone album? I don't think so.

I'd rather U2 just fucking died. They've never been good, relevant, or really all that popular.

I don't know a single person who likes them.

Same here honestly. Never met anyone who likes them and I hang out with normies.

>Ed Helms

Literally U2 are probably the least liked and most hated of any popular band around.

Remember when that used to be a Jamband festival? Now Umphrey's is the only Jamband there.

Damn that lineup was stacked.

Literally the saddest part of my year is the travesty of a lineup they've given us. Fuck them. On the plus side I'm excited for my first Coachella and Movement

Literally wouldn't want to see anyone

>implying I wouldn't rather see One Direction than U2

>Nas
>Tame Impala
>Death Grips
>Swans
>Twenty One Pilots
>Charli XCX

>That low.
Nowadays those guys and some others there headline other festivals, and this shit was 3 (almost 4) years ago.

he's right you know

Even Nickelback would probably be better than U2 desu

My mom really liked them.
No one else in the family did, we all kinda made fun of her for it.

Theyre somehow successful without ever being legitimately popular, relevant, critically acclaimed, or good at all. It's mindboggling.

If you ever wanted the opportunity to stand alone in a field and watch a private U2 concert for $400...this could be it.

define something

Christ man. This is honestly so True

I was thinking about this the other day with Governors Ball. Shit man, 2013 and 2014 were totally killer. But 2016-17 looked like total shit

Old school legends were never uncommon at Bonnaroo. Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, etc. Neither are rappers, especially ones like Kanye, even though I think he's made it clear both shows that music was not the most important thing to him. But you know what usually is not at Bonnaroo? The huge new age Top 40 pop groups, and while U2 isn't full blown bieber, it's a step in that direction, it's not much different than seeing someone like 5SOS headline.

F U2 ...... the 90s is that way

>without ever being legitimately popular, relevant, critically acclaimed
I don't even like U2 but this is objectively inaccurate

I fucking hate U2

HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y S H I T

>U2 has never been relevant or popular
You must be 18+ to post on this board

I know, right? The only band I would see there would be Umphrey's McGee, but they play every year.

Music in general is shit these days, so of course music festivals are going to be shit.