Impending kratom ban

Impending kratom ban.

DEA will effectively ban kratom on 9/30.

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

knew there would be a thread here

sign this petition to keep it legal!

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

Its not even that great of a drug and I'd hardly call it addictive. At least in my experience. They just like making perfectly fine shit illegal when the media picks up on it god damn fuck the news.

The only honest leg they might have to stand on is extracts. Like the coca leaf, kratom whole leaf or powder is pretty harmless. Extracts can rival hard opioids in potency and withdrawal symptoms. They aren't really sustainable, and people who do them deserve what they get, but I can see a crusty baby boomer administration like the DEA coming at it from that angle. Still fighting the War on Drugs, to everyone's detriment. lol....

They could schedule it as schedule 5, like codeine - only illegal in certain concentrations. They won't though. Schedule 1 locks out pretty much all medical research and benefits for addicts, too.

What is the appeal of krat? Are you literally African?

Can you use it to get high?

>are you african?

no, Thai.

>Can you use it to get high?

the high is very mild. I use kratom after my workouts and it helps ease my joint pains.

The DEA has elected to forgo the usual period of expert analysis and public commentary w/r to scheduling this substance:

any further delays in the process for issuance of temporary scheduling orders would be impracticable and contrary to the public interest in view of the manifest urgency to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety.

Kratom is too dangerous to allow the experts to testify, and has to be off the streets by the 30th.

damn, I better get my hands on some soon.

>the high is very mild
But what is it? Is it a stimulant? How does it make you feel?

If I have legal access to pot, why should I care about this drug at all?

Google you stupid nigger

kratom is used as a mild painkiller and anxiolytic. It's a subtle warming feeling and mood boost that can ease social anxiety.

More to the point, softens the edge of withdrawal symptoms from opioid addiction. That's the point that's front and center here. It ameliorates the withdrawal enough for a bunch of people to use it as an alternative to harder (and more permanent) alternatives like methadone.

I've heard it's fucking stupid and nothing happens when you take it

What actually happens?

user, for the month of September we're using asian racial slurs

You fucking gook

So it's for the weak-minded opiate-addicted crowd, gotcha. Since that is not aligned with my social class, I can count myself out of this one.

Jus chief'ed like 3 or 5ish bowls
Not as high as I wanna be wayyyy to functioning plus slightly drunk
Debate

It makes you feel kind of like a low dose of codeine, if you don't have tolerance. Noticeable, but at best, probably not like 20mg of oxy.

Light opiate-style warmth and ease of pain, ease of general/social anxiety, mood boost. Minimizes opioid withdrawal symptoms. There is some recreational potential, but not much (a *heavy* dose is maybe 20mg of oxy, tops), and the side effects from that let you know why it's not more popular. Recreational dosing just isn't feasible.

Extracts of kratom are available, though, and that's where the DEA may stake their claim. Like the coca plant (coca leaves vs cocaine), kratom leaf/powder isn't that harmful, but extracts can approach hard opioids in terms of potency and withdrawal effects. Use of that isn't really sustainable, and those who try it deserve what they get - a fair price to pay for the benefits seen everywhere else - but the DEA isn't going to see it that way.

They could schedule it as a schedule 5 (like codeine, illegal only in certain concentrations), but for some reason that isn't in the picture. It's a [ublic health emergency, and needs to be illegal *NOW*

Let me explain with this simple analysis
>Small dose
mild relaxing high
>Medium dose
the middleground for people who can't get good weed
>High dose
Becomes a stimulant instead of depressant, but not even close to real stimulants

What is your social class, exactly? Ironic hipster trolls with internet access?

no
small dose = stimulant
higher dose = mild sedative

also relieves pain

yeah freedom SUCKS doesn't it

it also helps people with chronic pain

Kratom makes the high from weed way more potent. popped 5 pills and smoked a fuckton, was so blazed.

Yes, exactly. I have a beard and live in a wealthy city. It's just not for me. No problem.

I don't mean it should be illegal for other people, I just think I'll pass on it personally in favor of other drugs (which should also be legal for other people).

Believe me, I understand that the drug war has nothing to do with the public good.

Fucks sake. kratom can't help people who need something as strong as Methadone. It's not even close honestly.

Like any number of substances (including - prominently - grapefruit juice), kratom can potentiate other drugs, sure.

It actually helps tons of people to stay off pharma.. Another money maker.

That's kind of the point. It's a much weaker, (currently) legal stand-in for some harder therapies with long-term repercussions. People have used it to help quit opioids who might otherwise end up with one of those (e.g. methadone).

Ah, so Rush Limberger is likely to get addicted to this stuff, eh?

Bump

bumping

I have expirience, it is very effective for addiction even in doses with little psychoactive effects

>I DONT WANT THIS BANNED
>BUT I DONT WANT TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ON WHY IT SHOULDNT BE BANNED
guess that stuff really took a hit on your brain, why should someone who doesn't care about something care enough to research about it? spoonfeed or die bernout

It shouldn't be sched 1 period for the reason it hazs proven medicinal properties alone

If you can't do a Google search maybe you're the spoonfeeder

Idk, I get down on Kratom when I run out of Suboxone sometimes. It takes a shit ton to make me not feel like crap off of 16mg of subs, but it's better than nothing and at least I'm not getting dope instead.

Yeah, white trash like him.

Bump
sign this fucker

my coworker sells suboxone. tell me as much as you can about it, will it fuck you for life?

it's a maintenance med lad its used to treat people off of opioids, it won't fuck you for life but its not that great either

Oh I misunderstood you, sorry

Still though, please don't label the people who take this. it is a legitimate medicine, not something for the "weak minded"

sign this!!

that's what he said. I initially thought it was an opiate but he was told me it treats people for opiate addiction... I guess my impression was "its not that great either", and you confirmed, thanks

Idk, the physical w/d's aren't as bad as other opiates but the mental is still tough and it lasts awhile.

I liked them recreationally because they last forever and are normally a lot cheaper than other pills. With a low opiate tolerance, half an 8mg sub will fuck you up all day and you will still feel good the next day. It takes like 60min to even kick in, then peaks from like 2hrs to 6hrs. Great for a day off and you can buy an 8mg pill or strip, take half at like noon and be fucked up all day, then take the other half at 9pm and still be fucked all night.

Once you start building a tolerance though, they have a cieling around 16mg. Like you could take 40mg at once and it won't fuck you up more than 16mg, it will just last longer.

It is an opiate. Methadone will fuck you up too. They are all a tiny bit different. I like them a lot plus you will still piss clean.

thanks anons

what it does has nothing to do with why it shouldnt be banned

If you get one and don't have an opiate tolerance, only take like 2mg to start. Wait at least 2hrs before taking more. When I had a low tolerance (would take like 30mg-40mg of hydrocodone to get nice and ripped) I would take ~4mg at a time and it would get me really fucked up.

Hats off to you man of class

>hipster faggot

?

sounds like someones had too much kratom

Funny how the pic fits the text

this

Can you jerkoff on it?

"Why would they take that off the market" Anybody know Eric Andre here?

I don't know who Eric Andre is and what Kratom is. i don't know why i'm even here.

>kratom is going to be illegal
Hahahaha dude what? Like why? No seriously why would anyone even be concerned about this shit? If someone told me they had literally any issue with kratom besides a sick stomach I'd laugh in their face. Itd be like banning diphenhydramine because some retarded % of the population decidedls they want to hallucinate spiders.

Good, my roommate wont pay his fucking bills because he spends all his money on beer and kratom. This is good news.

Answer me goddamnit. Can you jerkoff while on it or will it give you dopedick?

No dopedick but not worth it. Stick with dope

Sounds like Florida

How is it not worth it?

Kratom? Who gives a fuck?

Why are you room mates with him in the first place? Unless hes a recovering addict or someone with chronic pain chances are hes an idiot if hes spending all his money on kratom.

Only people who say it feels like an opiate are kids who did some vicodin here and there. Very mild if you've ever taken soma it's comparable to that. If opiates are your thing it probably won't satisfy you considering how unique opiates are especially to someone hooked

>lets let them illegalize something irrelevant to me and most people because we dont care about it
You're the most dangerous kind of stupid person. Please dont ever vote

I think we should all care when simple plants are banned.

falling for the bait

I don't like opiates. I prefer weed. However because of needing to get clean to find a good job, i had to stop and can't smoke anymore. My leftovers from surgeries and occaisional backspasm are sufficient if i wanna veg out and blur through a rainy day. I enjoy them now and then, but they remind me of surgery and stop my bowles up something fierce. What i miss the most is smoking a fatty then beating my dick like it owes me money.. opiates make me impotent as fuck(as they do most people), i'm asking if you eat/take this kratom shit, which people are saying is like an opiate, does it give you limpdick like taking opiates making it impossible to get it up/get off? I just wanna get fucked up on something and have a good marathon-fap like when i could smoke weed still. Also, coke isnt easy to do while fapping, mdma is fun but it just makes me feel like somethings missing without weed, plus you can't exactly drop, marathonfap then go grocery shopping after taking rolls.. i mean i guess nothings stopping you but fuck that lol

Good, fuck you hippie dope heads.

kill yourself

I've done Kratom and it literally made me feel nothing.

There's a lot of people that take this to replace any of the hard drugs like heroin, pain killers, etc. I did oxy every other day for more than a year, now i'm on kratom for about a year, and it's done wonders. This is gonna hurt people like this the most. It's not looking good. :/