Do you feel that Grimes is judged way harsher than Bjork by Sup Forums...

Do you feel that Grimes is judged way harsher than Bjork by Sup Forums? Bjork is allowed to release dull songs under the artistry excuse while Grimes is criticized heavily for daring to make catchy synthpop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gIkurD710ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc
play.google.com/store/music/album/Grimes_Art_Angels?id=Bc5c2cwbni7pmyg37a53b7b47se
youtube.com/watch?v=MSsTS6c8KOU
genius.com/Drake-more-life-tracklist-cover-art-lyrics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah.

Bjork is a heavily respected and highly influential professional.

Grimes is and always will be a bedroom DIY synthpop act who hit her ceiling.

There's no need to shit on Bjork. You can enjoy both. Grimes and Bjork are both really good.

>hit her ceiling

LOL
O
L

so wrong, this is just the beginning.

yeah sure, you're just blinded by your shitty waifu's mustache to see she's done
you got the mustache rash now

It really isn't.

Grimes lacks talent in a lot of areas and her insistence on doing everything herself is only going to hold her back.

Bjork on the other hand had the good sense to collaborate with Mark Bell a lot.

she's not done, her true talent is in her voice.

Art Angels is just the beginning. Grimes will have a long and stretching career of making dreamsynthelvenmagicwizardrock pop, and its going to get more otherwordly every new release.

>Bjork is allowed to release dull songs
Name 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIkurD710ZE

her voice huh

>dreamsynthelvenmagicwizardrock

wanna know how I know you're a waifufaggot

no it's not. she's either going to go off the rails entirely or the quality of her music is going to plummet once she approaches her mid 30s like almost every other artist. or, alternatively, pitchfork may decide to end her career earlier than that.

>Grimes lacks talent in a lot of areas and her insistence on doing everything herself is only going to hold her back.
That's her strength. You can be sure everything you hear in her music is 100% pure expression of her mind. What you hear is what you get, no trickery.

Pick 3 random songs from Biophilia and Vulnicura.

That was a sketchy performance. Why don't you focus on her better performances like this one youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM ?

No it's not her strength. It's her biggest weakness. It's stubbornness. She's trying to prove a point and eventually it's going to be her downfall.

No one gives a shit she does most of it herself.

All people care about is the end product that goes into their ears.

I think she has enough ideas to make at least 10 different quality albums. So far, she never released a weak album. Her next project could be her best yet. We'll see.

>“I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”

>All people care about is the end product that goes into their ears.
And the end product was great every time so far. What makes you believe she will suddenly lose her mojo?

How is this not a sketchy performance?

It's shambolic as fuck

god she is something else.

It won't be sudden. It will be gradual, like every other artist. Only way she overcomes it is if she recognizes it and begins to collaborate.

that's a raw microphone, that's good singing.

she can dance

Maybe you don't remember the shitposter who used to shame Bjork's name on here 24/7 a few years ago

she's like the last boss of Icecrown Citadel or something.

there's so much hate and anti-bait or w/e because Grimes is good, even if people don't want to admit it.

waifuism aside, it wouldn't bother you if you weren't trying to suppress the truth from reaching your consciousness.

Bjork is actually good though

If anything Grimes is overrated by plebs.

Grimes is ugly and Bjork is not

People are forgetting that:
1. she barely toured for 3 years then (from an absolute beginner to that level)
2. she was interrupted by that dude
3. she never claimed to be a great singer (she's mainly a songwriter/producer)
4. she's much better now: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

No. Not waifuism aside. That's the catalyst for all of the anti-Grimes shit that happens on this board, and I listen to her fairly regularly.

are you bjork posters serious?

literally what is this, am i just not deep enough to appreciate its depth?

youtube.com/watch?v=KDbPYoaAiyc

>Pick 3 random songs from Biophilia and Vulnicura.
You and I both damn well know those albums weren't that bad. Certainly not 'boring' in the slightest.

Also I was asking YOU to pick 3 songs. If you had to pick 3 'boring' songs from Bjork, what would the specific examples be?

this

wtf are you doing dude

Most of us who are ok with grimes and only mildly-annoyed my grimesposters tend to at least casually admire Bjork. Don't stir shit up by making acceptance of your waifu contingent on shitting on an actual established artist who's earned her fucking dues.

Plebs don't even listen to Grimes. See how mainstream is Bjork (she sold millions of albums and had multiple hits) compared to the patrician Grimes. Grimes is liked by a select few and she's acclaimed just like Bjork.

>Bjork is actually good though
That's a subjective statement.

so its jealousy. Grimes is fit and high energy... like much more than all of mu's waifu's.

Grime's waifuism is merited. Bjork i just don't understand, i think its some kind of waifuism over her "look".

Not sure what you're trying to say.

That single had more success than anything Grimes has released, and that was done when Bjork was 26 years old.

No waifuism is merited. Anyone who has a waifu is a delusional, out of touch, shut-in loser with no grip of reality.

You know what jealousy is? Whoever made this thread.

That song (Human Behaviour) is fun, like anything from Art Angels. Bjork was great when she did stuff like this.

They're not bad albums, I never claimed that. It's just I find them quite dull. Not a fact, just my 2 cents.

i get chills every time i hear the chorus of "Art Angels", its Disney pop sounding but i like that stuff when its done right.

play.google.com/store/music/album/Grimes_Art_Angels?id=Bc5c2cwbni7pmyg37a53b7b47se

Bjork got a lot of praise from critics during the years, so people are much more willing to TRY to get into her music. The same people tend to NOT TRY to get into the Grimes' music, the actual challenger in this "battle". Basically, Bjork is established and safe to like, while Grimes is more controversial and new.

ok, and as a loser its my opinion that Grimes is good and Bjork is Bjork.

That's one of the more straight forward bjork songs. Especially with the video.

I don't hear any Disney pop influences, just Ray of Light by Madonna era influences.

Alright, I misinterpreted your original message, my bad.

You STILL haven't listed your least favorite Bjork songs, which I've asked you about twice now.

During what years? Grimes is getting praise from critics right now. Your argument makes no sense.

That song could be liked by all Grimes fans. Debut and Post are really quite accessible and fun. Just like Grimes, her voice is the more difficult to like element. Once you get it, it's easy.

i just youtubed it, ugh no.

her "feeeeel" falls flat.

I didn't want to mention them for some reason. Black Lake, Notget, Hollow.

Grimes does this "pixie" voice, and then its like passion.

I meant more the little details like that guitar riff / tone.

im the dude who complained about the compression quality of the Art Angels CD, i notice that shit.

Give me something good, and i'll give you an honest critique.

She does it right. There's passion in her singing. It's obvious she tries to get the best from her voice.

>Notget, Hollow.
Well, to be honest, that we can agree on. I did think they were the weakest tracks on their respective albums.

Black Lake took some time but it grew on me after a few listens.

yup

Not that user, but those were different times. Plus Grimes (as an indie artist) never had the big marketing budget of Bjork. Grimes' insanely catchy songs deserved a bigger audience.

I've never actually heard a Grimes song before but I've heard Bjork songs my entire life so I probably would be a little biased to compare the two.

I admit, I didn't listen to those Bjork albums enough times.

BTW I didn't even like Grimes that much at first, only after half a year I started to really get into her music.

i'm listening to "Black Lake", but there's no melody, it's more of a ballad.

Bjork has a piercing and a lilting voice, I can see how people can enjoy her. But you have to try to enjoy it to enjoy it.

You didn't? You should. She does electro art pop really well. Try these 6 songs first:
Oblivion
Be a Body
Realiti
Weregild
Venus in Fleurs
Symphonia IX

it's definitely relaxing, its nice. hmmm....

Well golly gosh darn gee willikers. I almost forgot! It's that time again!

FIRST REPLY DECIDES THE NEXT ALBUM I LISTEN TO (Whether grimes related or not)

Ratings are on the 2 I already listened to.

I'd highly recommend a couple more listens. And so far Grimes is meh to me too.

ART ANGELS.

digital version only.

digital only go.

Sometimes she doesn't focus on songwriting. That's her weakest point. Pretty sounds without a good song behind isn't very compelling. On the other hand Grimes would never allow a song to meander without a good melody.

MAKING THREAD NOW AH!

pink season

Art Angels

You were too late, man.

its very good, i like it its very good bjork's reputation is honestly earned.

it's just a ballad, she's ballady.

here's my challenge.

both the women posted in the OP versus Tarja from Nightwish.

most people dismiss metal as music for man babies, but they have amazing vocalists.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSsTS6c8KOU

She was at her best on songs like Hyperballad. I miss that electropop Bjork.

SHOWTIME, BOYS.

MORE LIFE, THE PLAYLIST
COMING SOON

ALREADY SOLD 1 MILLION FIRST WEEK WITHOUT EVEN COMING OUT
ALBUM OF THE CENTURY

MORE LIFE, MORE TUNES
SO SOON

Hyperballad is amazing. Thank you.

One critique i have against Grimes (as a Grimesfag) and in favor of Bjork is:

Bjork can keep her powerful voice going throughout the whole song, and its very very nice.

Grimes will hit her "peaks" throughout her tracks, and those are extremely nice too. But she has to cool down in between peaks.

nm, Bjork has to warm up too. i missed it. at some point she starts going hard and keeps it going, chilling.

3D waifufags are such cancer jesus

Why can't you guys stop being creeps and put all of your weird desperate emotions into animated girls who don't have to deal with your bullshit?

I actually like Grimes' approach. It leaves room to breathe in her songs. Also I love all her vocal range.

ya i'm a Grimes user desu. i just wanted to give an honest critique.

both are very good.